Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 17 Feb 2005, 17:34 (Ref:1228464)   #1
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
lj79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant Bob Wollek

Sebring is virtually upon us.

Anticipation is high this year and Sportscar Racing looks set for a great year, but remember that this will mark the 4th anniversary of the departure of Bob from this world.

Still my favourite ever.

RIP Bob Wollek
Old 17 Feb 2005, 17:49 (Ref:1228476)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
One of mine too. Sadly missed.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 17 Feb 2005 at 17:49.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 18:34 (Ref:1228532)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very sadly missed.

To have a long racing career, much of it in a perilous era, and then to die in such a way is just tragic.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 19:23 (Ref:1228602)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thank you for reminding us. Gone but hopefully never forgotten.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 21:45 (Ref:1228782)   #5
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not by me either - I was presented with the Bob Wollek Trophee (yes that is is the correct spelling) at Donington Park a couple of years ago. It's the brake disc off a Porsche made into a clock and it has pride of place on my mantlepiece.
Old 18 Feb 2005, 07:01 (Ref:1229045)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
can I ask what it was for Sheila ????

Bob was a legend in sportscars and will be fondly remembered but sadly missed
Old 18 Feb 2005, 21:24 (Ref:1229717)   #7
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus
can I ask what it was for Sheila ????

Bob was a legend in sportscars and will be fondly remembered but sadly missed

You can! It was given to me at a race meeting at Donington Park in 2003. Apparently the award ws given to one marshal at each of the race meetings. I was the honoured recipient of the Donington Park round.
Old 18 Feb 2005, 22:24 (Ref:1229779)   #8
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
lj79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please - can we leave the ad hoc stuff to PMs.

This is about Bob, nothing else.

Cheers folks.
Old 19 Feb 2005, 09:28 (Ref:1230017)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Surely an award presented in the man's name is relevant? Not exactly ad hoc.....
Old 19 Feb 2005, 12:10 (Ref:1230094)   #10
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The fact that there is an honour in Bob's name is a fine tribute to the man.
Old 21 Feb 2005, 11:20 (Ref:1231328)   #11
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
RIP - A great driver, with a distinguished career.
Old 21 Feb 2005, 22:10 (Ref:1231882)   #12
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
The fact that there is an honour in Bob's name is a fine tribute to the man.
Indeed it is. Just after I received the trophy an article appeared in Daily Sportscar about it. Even Johnny Mowlem was pleased when he heard how delighted I was to receive it.

Bob was a lovely man and a brilliant racer and I'm proud to have a trophy with his name on it in my home.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 22:16 (Ref:1252945)   #13
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Une pensée pour Bob Wollek.

We all really miss this great professionnal pilot.