Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Aug 2001, 18:37 (Ref:127232)   #1
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"Alesi moving to Jordan" under threat

From Eurosport.com:

FIA to overview Alesi's contract with Prost

It is alleged that Prost GP have taken the contract of Jean Alesi to the FIA Contract Board in an attempt to halt the possibility of Jean Alesi leaving the French team to drive for Jordan. Despite comments from Alesi's manager that the French veteran wishes to leave the team and has yet to be paid for his services this year, Prost are adamant that Alesi will remain at the team. The FIA are to announce their decision tomorrow.

Eurosport : Barry Thomas
Old 7 Aug 2001, 18:47 (Ref:127237)   #2
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard that Prost Grand Prix will be no more after Hungary.

The team is bankrupt.
Old 7 Aug 2001, 20:06 (Ref:127261)   #3
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It sounds like this Alesi deal is anything BUT "a done thing", as several people have mentioned.

hakkiman, I too have heard these rumours. I DO hop Prost can continue to the end of the year. Without Alesi, this would be HIGHLY unlikely.
Old 7 Aug 2001, 20:12 (Ref:127263)   #4
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it is true that Jean has yet to be paid, don't see how Prost think they can stop him from leaving. What a sad way to bow out of F1 for Prost.
Old 7 Aug 2001, 20:27 (Ref:127275)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All contracts can be broken - ask Eddie Jordan about that in the matter of Ralf Schumacher's contract which he jumped to go to Williams.
Old 7 Aug 2001, 22:45 (Ref:127341)   #6
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Exactly. We've had DLR to Jaguar, Brunner to Toyota, the Newey saga, BAR staff to Toyota, and now this. Breaking contracts is nothing new.

Prost GP will not be on the grid in 2002.
Old 7 Aug 2001, 23:23 (Ref:127353)   #7
Epsilon
Racer

Canada
Hamilton, ON, Canada
Epsilon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by hakkiman
I heard that Prost Grand Prix will be no more after Hungary.

The team is bankrupt.
I can't help but think that Burti's crash was the nail in the coffin, Ã* la Lotus at Monza '94.
Old 8 Aug 2001, 03:19 (Ref:127407)   #8
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think there will still be 12 teams next year, but prost will be bought by someone else.

Also, if he can't drive for jordan, do you think that he will bother with the Prost, & sit out the year.
Old 8 Aug 2001, 05:46 (Ref:127424)   #9
Kalevi
Rookie

Finland
Kalevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to article from german f1-site F1-total Alesi's manager has confirmed that Jean won't be driving for Prost in Hungary.

However manager does not reveal if Alesi is going to drive for Jordan. We'll see, he propably will.

Last edited by Kalevi; 8 Aug 2001 at 05:48.
Old 8 Aug 2001, 07:05 (Ref:127443)   #10
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think Prost will go broke. Bernie will save them, or least make sure someone buys them.
Old 8 Aug 2001, 08:57 (Ref:127459)   #11
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
It would be a terrible shame to see Alain Prost leave Formula 1 in such dire circumstances, he really deserves some good luck for a change!
Old 8 Aug 2001, 09:56 (Ref:127474)   #12
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernie won't help them - Diniz will buy the rest of the team along with Asiatech, who are currently sulking because Minardi told them to take their engines elsewhere...
Old 8 Aug 2001, 10:15 (Ref:127482)   #13
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
As long as we have a 24 car grid for next year, that's the main thing.
Old 8 Aug 2001, 11:02 (Ref:127491)   #14
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stephen, go over to the ITV site and read the Mole on Jean and Jordan. It makes perfect sense and will also insure that Prost stays on the grid, which I too hope can be continued.

The best points he makes concern Alesi's long-term relationship with Eddie Jordan, Prost's development of the car through Burti's engineering knowledge (he is not stupid, and you should pay more attention to him even if he's at the back of the grid) enabling Jean to bring the points home that will guarantee a share of money for next year, the big cheque Ford supplied when they sent Burti over, and the compensation for Alesi that will all help keep the team on the grid until the Concorde Agreement is re-negotiated.

Take a look at The Mole 130 and see what you think.
Old 8 Aug 2001, 12:05 (Ref:127517)   #15
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Thanks Liz, I'll take a look now!
Old 8 Aug 2001, 12:22 (Ref:127525)   #16
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Me again,

I've just read the article Liz and it makes a lot of sense. If we are all very lucky Jean will be at Jordan next year. If he is then I predict we will see some good races and a yellow car much higher up the grid on most occasions!

Thanks Liz...
Old 8 Aug 2001, 12:32 (Ref:127528)   #17
Epsilon
Racer

Canada
Hamilton, ON, Canada
Epsilon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to http://www.formula1.com, Alesi to Jordan is a done deal, as announced by the Jordan team. Apparently, HHF will be taking Alesi's vacated spot at Prost.
Old 8 Aug 2001, 12:40 (Ref:127536)   #18
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Well I have just checked my Reuters screen and it says Alesi will make his Jordan bedut at Hungary and will drive for them for the rest of this season. It makes no mention of HHF unfortunately.