Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 11 Jun 2017, 07:31 (Ref:3740159)   #1
toftlarsen
Rookie

toftlarsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Group A Peugeot 205 GTI 1,6

Dear all

Im buliding a 205 GTI for historic rally and have a quistion regarding caburator insteat of injection:

If i have to follow the homologation A-5301 it says that i have to maintain the injection!. I have been running it with cab. for a couple of years now with cab(in another class) and like to continue with that. I been told that back in the 1985-1986 they were using cab. so now i have to prove which cab were used and so on......

anyone know some were to find such kind og "evidens material"

BR - new user from denmark
Old 11 Jun 2017, 07:49 (Ref:3740166)   #2
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Hi toftlarsen! You will for sure find help here. What you are looking after are evidences of what was "legally" used in period on at least one car raced during an international meeting - and recognized as such - if my understanding is good. May be the danish Peugeot subsidiary could help with photos and/or official documents. Are you in the process of applying an international HTP or a national one?
Old 12 Jun 2017, 15:42 (Ref:3740542)   #3
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.fia.com/appendix-k-techni...ation-01012017

Above should be a link to latest FIA Appendix K regs .
As far as I can remember , [ without spending hours reading ] , for FIA historic classes your 205 GTI would have to be as per Homologation .
Before 1982 Group 2 regs allowed changing carbs for injection & the other way as well .
But for Group A I think you must use injection .

If you are entering for a National Historic series , then you will have to see what the regs allow , perhaps have a word with the series scrutineer .
Old 12 Jun 2017, 17:42 (Ref:3740605)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I was around in those days and can't remember ever seeing or hearing about Peugeot rallying GpA cars with carbs instead of injection. Not to say it didn't happen, but would be surprised if they had! Would they not have had to homologate it- in which case it would appear in the papers?

It was possible to run in clubman spec with the former, as some did.
Old 12 Jun 2017, 17:47 (Ref:3740610)   #5
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Mike I think its always the same process. They didn't need to homologate it if it was allowed in an appendix K or J of the end of period. Now toftlarsen has to show evidences that it was used and legally used in an itn race. May be Peugeot Belgium could help too, just my 2 pcs guess. If not, inject it and resist to the temptation to make a mix with the Megasquirt thing …
Old 12 Jun 2017, 18:01 (Ref:3740621)   #6
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Oups, sorry, as too often I forgot the straight forward solution! Sooo French…
You can try to reach what they call Aventure Peugeot. Quite recently, they opened a classic department to sale parts and so on (in fact to try to Promote their 208). You can send an email to: aventure-peugeot@peugeot.com
If my memory serves - you never know!- the danish subsidiary has always been considered as "advanced". May be because with such a high tax rate on imports its quite hard to sell new cars there.
If you like a bad but free translation in so called French, let me know by PM. But only from English to French, my Danish is rusty (forgot it at Tivoli or Valby).
Old 12 Jun 2017, 18:53 (Ref:3740638)   #7
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
http://www.fia.com/appendix-k-techni...ation-01012017

Above should be a link to latest FIA Appendix K regs .
As far as I can remember , [ without spending hours reading ] , for FIA historic classes your 205 GTI would have to be as per Homologation .
Before 1982 Group 2 regs allowed changing carbs for injection & the other way as well .
But for Group A I think you must use injection .

If you are entering for a National Historic series , then you will have to see what the regs allow , perhaps have a word with the series scrutineer .

Checking my link above & it seems that they have changed it with the new Historic Database. So trying again with another link .
http://historicdb.fia.com/regulations/appendix-k

This one has a lot more on , but following 2017 Appendix K should get you to current FIA Historic regulations .
Old 13 Jun 2017, 06:04 (Ref:3740753)   #8
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Dont forget proof of period correct and appendix J of end of period.