Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 20 Mar 2006, 09:37 (Ref:1553681)   #1
chris bailey
Racer

chris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridchris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Carsport Holland

Anyone know much about Carsport Holland over the years? My Royale RP6 ran in 1971 with Carsport Holland identification across the nose. The driver was Arthur Banting. I believe Toine Hezemans was involved over the years and the team runs in current FIA GT racing. I'm obviously interested in the 1970's to flesh out the history on my car....
Old 20 Mar 2006, 12:18 (Ref:1554179)   #2
Guus
Rookie

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Guus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Carsport Holland

Dear Chris,

I've kept some "Circuit of Zandvoort" racing programmes of the late 60s and early70s, they are stored somewhere in the attic. I''ll try to find information in these magazines about the team and their cars. Give me some time please !

Regards,

Guus
Old 22 Mar 2006, 15:53 (Ref:1557532)   #3
Guus
Rookie

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Guus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Information about Royales RP 6

I've found the programmes of the 1972 Zandvoort Racing Season and there's some information about two Royales participating in the SportsCar-series.
So there were two Royales RP 6:
1. The Arthur Banting car with probably an BMC A-series unit (1293 cc)
2. The RP 6 driven by Kim Koopman with an Alfa 1300 engine.
Also notice the Basita Lola T212 of Jan van Straaten. To my knowledge he changed this car for a Lola T-293 (BMW-engined) which he kept all these years and raced it again in the ORWELL-SuperSportsCup during 2001-2003. Jan passed away in 2004.
I will mail you the pages of these programmes with the participants of the Sportscar-series as I don't know how to insert them into this reply !

Guus Docen
Old 23 Mar 2006, 14:25 (Ref:1558588)   #4
chris bailey
Racer

chris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridchris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Carsport Holland

Interesting information, Guus! Were both Banting and Koopman entered under the Carsports Holland banner? Also, do they appear together in the same event? If not, I suspect that the car is the same one, chassis no. 8, possibly with an engine change along the way. The Alfa engine is a very interesting snippet! Let me know if you find anything else. Thanks!
Old 23 Mar 2006, 20:14 (Ref:1558947)   #5
fangio
Racer

fangio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Carport Holland

Carsport Holland was, for many years, a shop in Amsterdam selling car accessoiries, tuning parts, helmets etc., located at the Overtoom in Amsterdam.
It was owned and run by a Mr. van Eldik and (I think) his sister. Mr. van Eldik was for many years the owner of the ex-Prince Bernhard Ferrari 250GT SWB s/n 2613 GT, which we bought from well knwon collector Jan Martens.
His relationship in the early days with Arthur Banting and others was just as a sponsor.

About 10 years ago Mr. van Eldik sold the company, which by then included the import of many well-known brands like Momo, Sebring etc. to Hans te Pas, a well-to-do man who supported a number of young drivers in Holland (Dutch Racing Promotions). In doing so he went trhough the family capital very quickly.
He sponsored the Hezemans Team and made him use the company name for the Racing Team with the Vipers. When te Pas he ran out of money and the Carsport trading Company went bankrupt, Hezemans continued using the name of the Team.
Old 23 Mar 2006, 21:25 (Ref:1558995)   #6
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good (?) to know that about Mr Ten Pas, I never new what happened to him.
Gone all of the sudden.
Old 23 Mar 2006, 21:30 (Ref:1559003)   #7
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fangio
It was owned and run by a Mr. van Eldik and (I think) his sister. Mr. van Eldik was for many years the owner of the ex-Prince Bernhard Ferrari 250GT SWB s/n 2613 GT, which we bought from well knwon collector Jan Martens.
Are they family of the autosport photographer?