Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Jun 2003, 13:45 (Ref:625814)   #1
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stands: Good news

At least it appears to be good news:

From the ACO website - http://www.lemans.org/2003/24auto/pa...ourse_gb.shtml

"Please NOTE: With a stand supplement:
- Stand ticket holders with a seat reserved in one of the stands other than the pit stand will be allowed to access the Pit Stand walkway from 18h00 onwards on Saturday 14th June.
- All stand tickets give automatic access to the A.C.O Welcome from 18h00 onwards on Saturday 14th June"

By pit stand walkway, does this mean the front platform that lets you see over the pits?

Gav
Old 9 Jun 2003, 13:50 (Ref:625826)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Stands: Good news

Quote:
Originally posted by gi_gav

- All stand tickets give automatic access to the A.C.O Welcome from 18h00 onwards on Saturday 14th June"

By pit stand walkway, does this mean the front platform that lets you see over the pits?

Gav
1. But don't confuse the ACO Welcome with the "Welcome Area" (for which you need another ticket), and

2. I think the walkway means that back of the pits grandstands - there really isn't anywhere to stand at the front.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 13:53 (Ref:625831)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But looking again, 1. might be wrong. The Welcome area is actually fairly small and it would be unfortunate if every person with a grandstand ticket could access it. (Says he with a separate ticket to his name already......)

On 2., I think this may just mean the walkways across the paddock at the back of the stands. I don't think it will get you into the pits grandstand itself.

Anyone else got any views on it?
Old 9 Jun 2003, 13:55 (Ref:625835)   #4
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bugger.

So this means an extra ticket to view from the Welcome building? (I'm sure we've been through this before )
Old 9 Jun 2003, 14:05 (Ref:625849)   #5
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
Sorry, that last post doesn't really make sense - it was supposed to precede Ayse's response!
Old 9 Jun 2003, 14:05 (Ref:625850)   #6
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
there really isn't anywhere to stand at the front.
There is a bit of room at the front of the pits grandstand, it's about 8 foot wide between the bottom of the seats to the safety barrier at the front.

If it's quiet you can get a nice view straight down on top of the cars. Like so.....
Attached Thumbnails
bentley1.jpg  
Old 9 Jun 2003, 15:12 (Ref:625955)   #7
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry to spoil your pleasure, chaps, but it means that, with a grandstand ticket, you can go to the plateform upstairs, behind the pits grandstands : almost no interrest, except the access to deck 1,2,3 and 4, hat are pleasant to see the starting straight (level = bottom of the pits grandstands) when you don't have a pit grandstands seat ; nothing new regarding last years... sorry !
Old 9 Jun 2003, 15:20 (Ref:625969)   #8
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
as fab says, it will only get you views of the paddock and small parts of the pitlane. theres about three such gaps in the grandstand. i can't say how much view because theres always a line of people(see pic).

i would assume it means the grassy welcome area...because if everyone with a ticket tried to get on top of the welcome building i think the roof would collapse!
Old 9 Jun 2003, 15:50 (Ref:626016)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I never know what the ACO are going to do next with the Welcome Area. Its confusing because they have their own "Welcome" - but that is the building about 1/4 mile from the track at the back of the pits grandstands, which is (normally) open to ACO members only.

When I first used the Welcome Area, it was free, but only to ACO members. I think that was 97. When I came back in 98, I was gobsmacked, not only to have to buy a ticket, but also that what was a fairly exclusive area was now open to everyone (tickets easily obtained).

Of course, I was even more gobsmacked than ever last year when I found that my Welcome ticket only got me onto the grass and not up top of my favourite building - that stupid film-maker had taken the whole building for himself! The only advantage was the decent loos inside the restaurant!

So gi_gav, there's nothing new about needing a ticket for the top of the Welcome building. Anyone can buy one......

(See you there about 2.00 a.m. on Sunday..... )

Last edited by Aysedasi; 9 Jun 2003 at 15:51.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 16:05 (Ref:626037)   #10
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Where do u get them from might have to take a trip up there at some point over the weekend......
Old 9 Jun 2003, 16:11 (Ref:626047)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, the only time I've ever bought them at the circuit, I got them from the ACO "mini-office" just next door. But if they're on sale, you'll probably get them from the ACO's Welcome place.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 16:37 (Ref:626078)   #12
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Right thanks for that, might have to sort out ACO membership aswell.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 18:58 (Ref:626274)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, I've been a member since 1997. For me, its worth it for the List des Engages and the results and pit stops book you're sent in about August.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 20:07 (Ref:626369)   #14
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
any news or pics of the two new stands at the esses?
Old 10 Jun 2003, 05:26 (Ref:626715)   #15
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
any news or pics of the two new stands at the esses?
I bought a place last week, but the provisionnal grandstands were not builded yet... I posted two pics (that I took last monday) of the places in this thread...
Old 10 Jun 2003, 07:20 (Ref:626770)   #16
kdr
Veteran

yes i saw them fab...shame if they cut the trees down. i guess i'll see for myself tomorrow i hope!
Old 10 Jun 2003, 07:47 (Ref:626788)   #17
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
yes i saw them fab...shame if they cut the trees down. i guess i'll see for myself tomorrow i hope!
And don't hesitate to post a pic if you can !!!
Old 10 Jun 2003, 09:12 (Ref:626869)   #18
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi

(See you there about 2.00 a.m. on Sunday..... )
Sounds good to me!