Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Apr 2012, 03:31 (Ref:3067237)   #1576
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
shouldn't someone of the experience of Paul Ceprnich know that there may be insufficient cooling available in the design when building a race car?

Or are we talking that the radiator chosen isn't up to spec?
Old 30 Apr 2012, 09:31 (Ref:3067328)   #1577
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Petch told Speedcafe.com,
“It’ll depend upon the track availability at Hampton Downs and the weather, but I expect to have the secondary scavenge pump and the water pump tested within the next 10 days,”
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
But then of course you can't 'race' test it until you're racing, which is what has thrown up these glitches.
Are they going to 'race' test it on a hot day to confirm?
or run it around the track in the rain for 2 hours and call it fixed?

one would hope they get it sorted properly.
Old 10 May 2012, 00:13 (Ref:3071991)   #1578
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just noticed that early bird tickets are up for sale for R4 at Hamptons, June 1st - 3rd.

Early bird prices for GA are quite cheap at $35 for the whole weekend. So if your up for it, now is the time to get the cheap tickets.
Old 10 May 2012, 00:33 (Ref:3071995)   #1579
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or free if you have mates with an apartment.
Old 10 May 2012, 01:03 (Ref:3072007)   #1580
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post
Or free if you have mates with an apartment.
lucky you....those apartments look the ducks nuts!, and when you see whats parked in some of those garages...phoaar!

So, while your up there drinking warm tea (maybe with a dash of whiskey) think of us peasants braving the howling wind and rain
Old 10 May 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3072444)   #1581
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting they have got NZIGP to help run the sporting side, a good move in my book and will add some experience to the package.
Old 11 May 2012, 00:39 (Ref:3072487)   #1582
RogerH
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
RogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post
Interesting they have got NZIGP to help run the sporting side, a good move in my book and will add some experience to the package.
From reading this part of the press release :

V8 SuperTourers has appointed The New Zealand International Grand Prix (Auckland) Incorporated (NZIGP) to be the independent judicial authority for its rapidly growing series with immediate effect.

it seems as though it may be a little more than ST getting NZIGP to help run the sporting side. It appears that ST has dispensed with the MSNZ controlled judicial process and implemented an alternative process. Possibly this is indicative of concerns with MSNZ's impartiality seeing they are both a regulatory body and a shareholder in TMC (or MSP as it has been renamed) who run the opposing NZV8 series. In addition, MSNZ's General Manager is a director of VEEGA who are taking Court action against ST in respect of the NZV8/ST issue.
Old 11 May 2012, 02:04 (Ref:3072499)   #1583
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
i'd say your right on that one Roger
Old 11 May 2012, 04:55 (Ref:3072522)   #1584
Racer Mike
Racer

New Zealand
Racer Mike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
From reading this part of the press release :

V8 SuperTourers has appointed The New Zealand International Grand Prix (Auckland) Incorporated (NZIGP) to be the independent judicial authority for its rapidly growing series with immediate effect.

it seems as though it may be a little more than ST getting NZIGP to help run the sporting side. It appears that ST has dispensed with the MSNZ controlled judicial process and implemented an alternative process. Possibly this is indicative of concerns with MSNZ's impartiality seeing they are both a regulatory body and a shareholder in TMC (or MSP as it has been renamed) who run the opposing NZV8 series. In addition, MSNZ's General Manager is a director of VEEGA who are taking Court action against ST in respect of the NZV8/ST issue.
This is interesting as well Roger, MSC are not paying their final 50k to TV 3. Seems the big wigs at MSC and or MSNZ didnt like a few comments that messers Pedersen and Booth made at the Hamilton round. Strange how it was due in march , now may and they have picked holes in coverage that they didnt contribute to so they dont have to pay their bills. Many might think that this isnt the only creditor owed a substantial amount of money.
This would leave only one channel left for them to work with and not everyone has it but in saying that I hear they might be lashing out to buy V8SC for next year so cant see that either. Maybe Maori TV then?
Old 11 May 2012, 05:29 (Ref:3072530)   #1585
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Mike View Post
This is interesting as well Roger, MSC are not paying their final 50k to TV 3. Seems the big wigs at MSC and or MSNZ didnt like a few comments that messers Pedersen and Booth made at the Hamilton round. Strange how it was due in march , now may and they have picked holes in coverage that they didnt contribute to so they dont have to pay their bills. Many might think that this isnt the only creditor owed a substantial amount of money.
This would leave only one channel left for them to work with and not everyone has it but in saying that I hear they might be lashing out to buy V8SC for next year so cant see that either. Maybe Maori TV then?
Is is interesting that Racer Mike as i have heard the same thing about the 50k. I have gone back thru the footage of the ITM400 and i thought the comments that Boothy and Pedersen made were fine, and in a way fitting based on the fact that those cars will be gone either way you look at it.

But i guess you can't please everyone all of the time. I still believe that the GMS team do a fine job with NZ motorsport, and will continue to watch their weekly program with Shaun at the helm. Especially in these 'politically' difficult times in V8 racing in NZ
Old 11 May 2012, 05:54 (Ref:3072535)   #1586
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TV3 turning production money away? Not going to happen.
Old 11 May 2012, 10:14 (Ref:3072607)   #1587
Racer Mike
Racer

New Zealand
Racer Mike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
TV3 turning production money away? Not going to happen.
When u have been used and abused regulary by supposedly highly ranked MSC staff the fun and enjoyment of business fast runs out. That's why TV One doesn't want anything to do with MSNZ or MSC anymore. There are certain ethics in business and these novices showed none and now there options are very limited due to staff and business's having enough abuse. Why in earth would MSC leave TV One in the first place when they had a quarter of a million dollars of costs absorbed vs none at TV3. Amateurs in motion!
Old 11 May 2012, 11:04 (Ref:3072627)   #1588
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Mike View Post
There are certain ethics in business and these novices showed none. Amateurs in motion!
Sounds like they've been to the "David John Business Academy and School of Ethics".

Lesson 1 - If someone disagrees with you or upsets you for any reason, don't pay them. Just keep promising to and you'll get at least another year, or even 18 months, of credit before the **** really hits the fan.
Old 11 May 2012, 18:45 (Ref:3072773)   #1589
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And a quater of a million dollars is why TV3 will "suck it up, forgive and forget".
I'm not saying MSP/TMC are right (I certainly can't remember anything in the telecast that was unfair to NZV8's), I just don't think with TPG on one side of the coin and Igloo on the other that TV3 are going to turn away self funding content that rates quite well (which is certainly something that seems to escape the content that they pump money into).
Old 12 May 2012, 00:44 (Ref:3072879)   #1590
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Isn't it true that Mike Pero only paid 35k for the naming rights to the Mike Pero 200 at Ruapuna this year, but in effect got 200k of TV coverage thru TV3?

What does that say about the level of desperation that the NZv8's will go to just to get a sponsor on board?

So i think that TV3 have been more than fair with how they have handled things this year, so with them being owed money (i think its more like 100k) from the NZv8's is disgraceful. The amount of cheap 'low cost' air time that TV3 have put into the hands of the NZv8's is considerable, yet they treat them like this?? Do they have any grip on how much it costs to film an event with decent gear, cut and edit it, and then form a show that screens for up to 3 hours on a sunday?
Old 12 May 2012, 03:21 (Ref:3072896)   #1591
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Isn't it true that Mike Pero only paid 35k for the naming rights to the Mike Pero 200 at Ruapuna this year, but in effect got 200k of TV coverage thru TV3?

What does that say about the level of desperation that the NZv8's will go to just to get a sponsor on board?
Because no sponsor would have been better???
Old 12 May 2012, 06:23 (Ref:3072911)   #1592
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
is that $200k of equivalent coverage, as in minutes recieved Vs cost to advertise for the same time period, during the ad breaks during a non-sponsored timeslot?? it wasn't unusual for sponsors of the local rally (when we had one!!), to get far more air time than it would normally cost. it's called 'doing a deal'. i believe when Silverstone tyres sponsored Race to the Sky, the money spent versus airplay minute value was a similar ratio to above, as it's hideously spendy to advertise on Asia Cable TV.
Old 12 May 2012, 06:34 (Ref:3072915)   #1593
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
I understand it was 200k of regular advertising time, over and above the sponsorship.
Old 12 May 2012, 06:40 (Ref:3072920)   #1594
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
$200k ratecard is a very different thing to $200k cash ... I'm sure there's more than a few drivers who've been sponsored by media companies to the tune of $X in contra which has equated to $0 in actualy money coming through the door.

Be interesting to hear what MP are paying V8ST to sponsor a round...
Old 13 May 2012, 02:54 (Ref:3073429)   #1595
E36ST
Racer

New Zealand
NZ
E36ST should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Do they have any grip on how much it costs to film an event with decent gear, cut and edit it, and then form a show that screens for up to 3 hours on a sunday?
Out of interest, how much does it cost?
Old 14 May 2012, 09:12 (Ref:3074218)   #1596
watty
Rookie

New Zealand
watty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36ST View Post
Out of interest, how much does it cost?
The price given for televising the support races at Powerbuilt Ruapuna was $10K per race....
Old 14 May 2012, 11:00 (Ref:3074276)   #1597
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
So what about the V8ST races?

Don't the organisers cover the cost of filming the races and the post-production?

And do V8ST pay for the actual air-time or do TV3 buy the show?

I ask these questions because I honestly don't know how this works.
Old 14 May 2012, 11:05 (Ref:3074278)   #1598
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Tell you what, there seem to be a lot of "new" posters of late...
Old 14 May 2012, 11:23 (Ref:3074286)   #1599
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
not uncommon in between rounds
Old 14 May 2012, 20:22 (Ref:3074549)   #1600
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the subject of sponsorship, when you look at the media coverage that the All Blacks get world wide the deal with Addias of NZ$ 200 million over nine years which takes in 3 world cups then it had to be a good deal for the sponsor. However using that as a basis perhaps one could break it down to an amount of exposure per dollar figure and comparing that with the exposure per dollar figure for sponsorships in NZ motorsport across all fields of endevour I would suspect that we are not too bad off.
Closed Thread