Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Apr 2009, 23:51 (Ref:2434695)   #226
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gttouring View Post
Vettel is more than a one hit wonder- unlike Button who has shown incredible faithfulness to the HondaSquad, has only one win and does not look like he can get more in his position,
Ouch!
Old 6 Apr 2009, 10:27 (Ref:2434955)   #227
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post
I'm glad to say that out of the four drivers from above who are still competing in F1 (Trulli, Kubica, Kovalainen and Vettel), all of them have a chance of escaping from the "one hit wonder" list in this season. Kovalainen is possibly the driver who will struggle the most to achieve this.
That sounds about right to me. The Toyota and Red Bull are both showing some pace already, so I would say their drivers are in with a decent shot at a win or two. For me, the BMW is still a bit of an unknown quantity - Kubica was pretty quick in Australia before crashing out, but then we didn't see enough of him in Malaysia to know what he could have done there. I'll be surprised if Kovalainen gets anywhere near a win this season (although finishing the first lap would be a step in the right direction ), although I'd expect to see quite a few improvements to the McLaren once the European races come around.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 19 Apr 2009, 09:24 (Ref:2444455)   #228
Sev
Veteran

Sev has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Congrats Vettel! Two people off this list this season now. All we need is Kubica to win one as well now.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 09:35 (Ref:2444470)   #229
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Two drivers off the list, but hopefully we'll see a few new names being added before the end of the season - Mark Webber being one of them.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 13:05 (Ref:2444700)   #230
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Godspeed.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 15:34 (Ref:2444787)   #231
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If Toyota can have less days like today and more like Melbourne, I'm starting to think Glock is more likely to get on this list this year than Trulli is off it.
Old 12 Jul 2009, 13:43 (Ref:2500079)   #232
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Webber, at the moment, is a one hit wonder

Butchered Bursie's post
 DriverConstructorRace
1 Luigi Fagioli *Alfa Romeo1951 French GP, Reims-Gueux
2 Piero TaruffiFerrari1952 Swiss GP, Bremgarten
3 Luigi Musso *Ferrari1956 Argentinian GP, Buenos Aires
4 Joakim BonnierBRM1959 Dutch GP, Zandvoort
5 Giancarlo BaghettiFerrari1961 French GP, Reims-Gueux
6 Innes IrelandLotus Climax1961 United States GP, Watkins Glen
7 Lorenzo BandiniFerrari1964 Austrian GP, Zeltweg Airfield
8 Richie GintherHonda1965 Mexican GP, Mexico City
9 Ludovico ScarfiottiFerrari1966 Italian GP, Monza
10 Peter GethinBRM1971 Italian GP, Monza
11 François CevertTyrrell Ford1971 United States GP, Watkins Glen
12 Jean-Pierre BeltoiseBRM1972 Monaco GP, Monte Carlo
13 Carlos PaceBrabham Ford1975 Brazilian GP, Interlagos
14 Jochen MassMcLaren Ford1975 Spanish GP, Montjuïc
15 Vittorio BrambillaMarch Ford1975 Austrian GP, Österreichring
16 Gunnar NillsonLotus Ford1977 Belgian GP, Zolder
17 Alessandro NanniniBenetton Ford1989 Japanese GP, Suzuka
18 Jean AlesiFerrari1995 Canadian GP, Montréal
19 Olivier PanisLigier Mugen-Honda1996 Monaco GP, Monte Carlo
20 Jarno TrulliRenault2004 Monaco GP, Monte Carlo
21 Robert KubicaBMW Sauber2008 Canadian GP, Montréal
22 Heikki KovalainenMcLaren Mercedes2008 Hungarian GP, Hungaroring
23 Mark WebberRed Bull Racing Renault2009 German GP, Nurburgring
* shared victory
Old 12 Jul 2009, 16:10 (Ref:2500229)   #233
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Congratulations to Mark
Old 12 Jul 2009, 17:03 (Ref:2500261)   #234
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Yes,well done Mark,you're now a 'one hit wonder'.Nick Heidfeld 'will' be pleased for him!
Old 12 Jul 2009, 17:09 (Ref:2500263)   #235
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Luigi Fagioli did win the Italian GP in 1933 and 1934, both years of a two year interregnum with no World Championship - however it was a major event then. I'd probably include him on the list with that caveat.
Old 13 Jul 2009, 04:43 (Ref:2500521)   #236
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just on this, Is Webbers 130 starts now the record for most GP starts before winning ? If so who held the record previously ? Is it Trulli ?
Old 13 Jul 2009, 07:25 (Ref:2500564)   #237
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev Campbell View Post
Just on this, Is Webbers 130 starts now the record for most GP starts before winning ? If so who held the record previously ? Is it Trulli ?
Yep, a new record, but before that was Ruben's, he won his 123rd race, Trulli, incidently, won his 119th start.
Old 14 Jul 2009, 02:38 (Ref:2501299)   #238
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
interesting annoraky stuff that, tks

and mr v....btw, I actually thought of you and the other twits who were into that "lacing" thread years back, I was in a fast food restaurant the other day with my kids (a rare occurance) and my daughter said, look dad, my new invention--and she stuck some fries in her hamburger bun--I really did smile thinking of when you lot were going on and on and on and o n and on and on about it all those years back...
cheerio
Old 14 Jul 2009, 09:19 (Ref:2501421)   #239
Mr V
Veteran

England
Does that mean i'm a twit

And no one other than djb can answer that
Old 15 Jul 2009, 16:05 (Ref:2502324)   #240
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Does that mean i'm a twit

And no one other than djb can answer that
chuckle chuckle chuckle

I really did smile to myself when my daughter did that, thinking of how all of you drove everyone else crazy with that thread. A fond memory of the fun aspect of 10/10ths.

oh, and ps, for the record...the answer is no
Old 15 Jul 2009, 22:54 (Ref:2502517)   #241
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Now that's all clear , anyone care to suggest who the next one-hit wonder will be and will it occur this season?

I shall have to go away and think...
Old 15 Jul 2009, 23:06 (Ref:2502521)   #242
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Nick Heidfeld is surely due a race win some time this decade.
Old 16 Jul 2009, 10:28 (Ref:2502679)   #243
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see Glock as a one-hit-wonder for some reason. He just seems like one
Old 19 Jul 2009, 12:08 (Ref:2504158)   #244
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I don't think I see a new one-hit wonder this season. Right now only two teams look like winning, and even if McLaren/Ferrari get it together over the last few races their drivers are already winners (although unfortunately I don't see Kovalainen departing this list anytime soon).

You would think Heidfeld would be overdue a win (most podiums without a win and most points without a win are the records that he would probably rather not have), but it's not looking likely at the moment.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 18 Oct 2009, 19:03 (Ref:2563900)   #245
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well take Mark Webber off the list too! Well done to him.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 19:06 (Ref:2563906)   #246
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Yes! Well done to him!
Old 18 Oct 2009, 19:08 (Ref:2563911)   #247
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wait, Mark won?

You wouldn't think so with the way the Beeb have completely ignored it
Old 18 Oct 2009, 19:13 (Ref:2563918)   #248
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Wait, Mark won?

You wouldn't think so with the way the Beeb have completely ignored it
Not only the Beeb.
At least the TV coverage switched back just in time for the podium ceremony.

It would have been ever more sad to have a first time winner and have him ignored.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 19:37 (Ref:2563955)   #249
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would have preferred to have had more post-race analysis on the BBC forum, i.e. discussing moves etc. However, they hardly ignored Webber's win. They more than acknowledged it. They showed the press conference, they showed a seperate interview with him after the race- what more do you want?
Old 18 Oct 2009, 19:40 (Ref:2563960)   #250
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This reduces the active membership of the One-Hit Wonder Club to Jarno Trulli, Robert Kubica, and Heikki Kovaleinen. 2009 was not a good year for this fraternity.