Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Aug 2007, 10:42 (Ref:1999078)   #1
JBB22
Rookie

JBB22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TV at events

Hi guys,
Ive been reading these forums for ever but never posted.
When i went to winton this year i saw a few guys around the track with generators and tv's showing the live fotage shown to the big screens.
What is the trick in doing this? Is it simply just broadcoast on a frequency you can tune into at thetrack or a bit more involved in this.

I dont want to bring everything with me to sandown and not being able to do it. I know sandown is live on tv but i would have to put up with the channel 7 coverage then....

Thanks

James
Old 30 Aug 2007, 00:32 (Ref:1999722)   #2
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Welcome aboard James.

Sandown uses a cable distribution system so you've got no hope other than the Ch7 free to air normal telecast which may be delayed. There's usually a big screen in front of the grandstand & another up the top of the hill and they use a microwave link of some sort to get a signal. PI also uses a cable distribution system which during the Bike GP's has some 20 channels consisting of various timing screens & broadcast with on track adverts (big screen & corporate boxes) & no ads for pit garages to a rebroadcast of Ch2, 7, 9, 10 & SBS.

Winton has two UHF TV transmitters, one for the timing screen & the other used for the TV broadcast at events with an OB Van. UHF 29 for TV & UHF31 for Timing hence the generators & TV's everywhere.

Bathurst used to have a TV transmitter but stopped in the late 90's and went to a cable system in pit lane so the people on the hill just watch the live TV broadcast on Ch10 (now 7).
Old 30 Aug 2007, 02:10 (Ref:1999758)   #3
JBB22
Rookie

Thanks Mate
Thats exactly what i was after.
Shame Sandown and Phillip island dont have transmitters. Make the weekend so much better with a tv there too.
Old 30 Aug 2007, 03:32 (Ref:1999789)   #4
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe you could rig something PVDA, I'm sure we could work something out.
Old 30 Aug 2007, 05:51 (Ref:1999811)   #5
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur
Maybe you could rig something PVDA, I'm sure we could work something out.
Like when the 'Mexican' flaggies rigged up a "satellite dish" on their caravan, in the officials campground at Bathurst lots of years ago.

What the NSW 'locals' didn't realise was that the NASCAR playing on the TV wasn't being beamed from Foxtel via microwave link from Sydney at all, it was on a 5 hr VHS tape, previously recorded on long play.

Now I know for a fact that PVDA was part of that sting.

So JBB22, if a tall man with a bad haircut offers to 'set up' TV for you at Sandown 500; I'll guarantee that you will watch Bright & Winterbottom take the win, from the Kelly brothers in second, with Lowndes & Whincup to complete the podium.....
Old 30 Aug 2007, 06:19 (Ref:1999815)   #6
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There could be some truth in what Uncle said in the above post

Old 30 Aug 2007, 11:42 (Ref:1999979)   #7
JBB22
Rookie

Good work guys, i'll stay away from anyone with a bad haircut.
PVDA do you have a list of what curcuits in aus have what system.
Old 31 Aug 2007, 07:45 (Ref:2000647)   #8
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Sorry mate I can only tell you what I already have as I haven't been to too many interstate tracks and looked at that side of things, perhaps the locals can fill us all in ??

Oh, I found out today that Sandown will have an FM transmitter for the 500and I think the frequency will be 89.5MHz but don't quote me on it as it could be slightly different.