Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 27 Nov 2005, 12:11 (Ref:1471288)   #1
petestenning
Veteran

petestenning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTL Fun races anyone

As i mentioned on another thread a group of us who have GTL will be on the Multiplayer for 8.00pm on Wednesday the 30th.
Any 10/tenths member is invited to take part.
As at present we have no server for the up coming GBGTL League we will swamp a public server.
We intend to do at least 2 races , as some have only just got the sim the 1st race we intend to do we will all use Lotus Cortinas.
The second one scheduled will be for 65GTC sports cars and can use any car.
So come and join the side by side action with oldies like me who worked on these cars when they were the in thing.

Create a chatroom called GBGTL
I will pm the password to anyone interested.

Pete
Old 27 Nov 2005, 12:43 (Ref:1471299)   #2
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
great, if i remember i'll be there!
Old 27 Nov 2005, 12:53 (Ref:1471305)   #3
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The date is now in my diary (well it would be if I had one!). I'll be there. Looking forward to it.

I'll definitely be in the first race. I'll try and do the second if I can unlock more cars in the meantime.
Old 28 Nov 2005, 15:45 (Ref:1472241)   #4
petestenning
Veteran

Patch Released

Patch released here;
http://www.gt-legends.de/news_en.php?news=20051128

Pete
Old 29 Nov 2005, 18:09 (Ref:1473206)   #5
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
bah, so sorry for missing it. Not only had i double booked but i'd also got my pc well messed up with that "patch" - seems it brought more problems than it solved :/

Will be up for another one sometime tho, defo!
Old 29 Nov 2005, 20:30 (Ref:1473311)   #6
Jeffrey-Lee
Racer

Jeffrey-Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
with that "patch" - seems it brought more problems than it solved
That's ridiculous, the problem must be with your pc. Could you be more specific about your problem, insinuating whinging won't help yourself much either solving the problem. Patch does what was told it would do, fixes a lot of things. There's a long list over at RSC.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 09:03 (Ref:1473687)   #7
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
I'm afraid it isn't ridiculous, it's what a lot of people expect of simbin these days. They sorely neglected GTR (the recent 1.5 patch is the first thing to come out in over a year) and i didn't expect that to change much with GTL, which is a shame 'cos both games are great to play.

To qualify my whinge, yes they did fix a lot of stuff but they have introduced additional problems at the same time, some of which are bigger than the ones they fixed.

2. Fix for slow loading game clients missing race starts in MP.

This would appear to mean that should just one player not get to the grid (ie press the start button) the WHOLE race is ruined as it doesn't start. The counter stays at 0.01 and that means 35 other drivers get no race. Great additional feature that!

8. Alt-tab stability improvements.

I'd like to know by what factor, as me and several others appear to have game crashes just as often as we did previously.

Most of the list are tiny little things, a lot you'd not even notice. Its all welcome, but get the big things right first please. The worst addition is the amazing disappearing / reappearing cars that now happens, and it's not just me, everyone gets it. We had a race start at donington and 3/4 of the field crashed at the 1st corner in to cars that didn't appear on the screen until after the collision.

It's a great, great game, don't get me wrong but i'm not surprised over half the guys working on GTR / GTL walked out on simbin to make their own venture. This is the result of that walkout....

I like the game, but i want to love it. Until simbin test patches properly before making them public, that just isn't going to happen.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 09:37 (Ref:1473706)   #8
petestenning
Veteran

that "patch" - seems it brought more problems than it solved :
I dont follow this as there were 35 improvements listed and you have given 2 problems ?.

Brought more than solved so what are the other 30+ problems?

Whilst i agree that there are still bugs and its annoying to say the least if the community had not been in such a hurry to see a patch perhaps these would have been tested before release.

I am not defending Simbin /Blimey but i am perhaps more patient than others.

Pete.
PS lets see if tonight brings any of these problems, so far touch wood i have not had any .
Old 1 Dec 2005, 00:36 (Ref:1474293)   #9
Jeffrey-Lee
Racer

Jeffrey-Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry Hepatic but you sure qualify as a sour whinger in my book. And I'm not calling you names here. The release a patch and it's still no good at all what are you expecting? Buy a console, oh wait even those do crash.

Anyway Blimey did the GTL patch, not Simbin. There's been a lot more communication about this GTL patch than the GTR patches, another improvement I can see. Things were added to the patch-list over at RSC quite regularly, so much for you whinging about the support there.

Quote:
This would appear to mean that should just one player not get to the grid (ie press the start button) the WHOLE race is ruined as it doesn't start. The counter stays at 0.01 and that means 35 other drivers get no race. Great additional feature that!
"appear to mean", excuse me but is this so? Have you experienced this? Was this the cause for sure? etc. all rumours so far, not a very solid argument there.
Old 1 Dec 2005, 10:23 (Ref:1474520)   #10
petestenning
Veteran

Spud joined our group last night for some fun we had a Cortina blitz at Hock Short. Spud had a good run while i had to negotiate a warping Alfa put me well of my stroke.

Then we had a session on one guys PC as a host 7 of us at Mondello short.
An alfa, Jag mk2, my Mustang, and the rest in Cortinas.
Had a great fight with a Ford for the lead swopping places every corner and straight

Might do the same next Wednesday if there is any interest.

Pete
Old 1 Dec 2005, 17:53 (Ref:1474903)   #11
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed it! Unfortunately I couldn't stick around for any more races or I would have done.

Sometimes its nice to race in cars that don't have mega power, although that Cortina can bite you if you're not careful as I found out when I had to do a bit of grass cutting after a bit of a leery slide out of one of the corners! You can throw the things around a bit. I was following someone who I can't for the life of me remember the name of, and I drove so hard to try and catch him but I couldn't. Great stuff!

As for the patch, I downloaded it about 07:50pm, applied it and just did a lap of Magny-Cours Short to check everything was okay. Then it was straight into the multiplayer. Everything ran fine and I didn't see any problems.

I don't doubt there are problems, but everything seemed fine for me anyway.
Old 2 Dec 2005, 16:12 (Ref:1475786)   #12
petestenning
Veteran

We will be running another test race next Wednesday for anyone interested, and negotiations are on going for a GBGTL League

Pete
Old 2 Dec 2005, 19:42 (Ref:1475935)   #13
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish

I was playing GTL again last night, and the problems were sporadic. My mate was testing his new 10MB line which we thought was the cause of most of them, but again i witnessed first-hand the "one person doesn't click race and everything gets ruined" isssue. When it did run properly, i had some of the best races ever, especially everyone running mini's round mangy-cours.

The problem is brand new, never happened before the patch and is defo caused by not clicking start. There were only 4 of us in the server at the time, and during conversations afterwards it was apparent that one person missing the start due to a coffee break had caused it. I don't deny the comms about GTL are much better this time around, but quite frankly it was impossible for them to get any worse.

I'll still play it, i'll still enjoy it and wait for the next patch that hopefully cures some of the biggies it currently has. Have to say the change to remember your password is very welcomed, and the game runs much smoother when you have a lot of AI in a race now, so it's certainly not all bad

Steve "The Whinger"!
Old 3 Dec 2005, 00:42 (Ref:1476083)   #14
Nivola
Racer

Nivola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
guys atleast you got gtl. I not re;eased in australia yet. Hang on it is but it is not in any stores!!!!!!
Old 3 Dec 2005, 01:35 (Ref:1476094)   #15
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
heh, sounds like the xbox 360.....!!!
Old 6 Dec 2005, 06:04 (Ref:1477997)   #16
petestenning
Veteran

GTL League

There is a GTL League forming at he link below if anyone is interested.

http://wosec.co.uk/sbrcphp/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=40

Regards
Pete
Old 26 Dec 2005, 01:05 (Ref:1490065)   #17
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR2002 Fantastic
GTR Good
GTL Could have been something great

Why are simbin becoming arcade game makers like codemasters.

This whole unlocking thing is a joke, why didnt they just copy gpl and have championships and modibility. It would have become a legendary game if they had.
Old 27 Dec 2005, 01:00 (Ref:1490345)   #18
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.no-grip.net/index.php?cat...d=2&filenr=788 I found an unlock thing that works