Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Apr 2012, 07:07 (Ref:3064673)   #151
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
Al only had to borrow your hammer because he told me to leave my hammer & rake toolkit at home
Unfortunately that is a true statement!
Old 24 Apr 2012, 07:22 (Ref:3064682)   #152
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
After seeing Jon Wolfe ( Falcon ) and Warren Briggs ( Mustang ) spectacularly throwing these big cars around Cadwell at the HSCC Sunday, it would be worth travelling a very long way to see one of Bernie's V8 races there! The Mustang was on opposite lock every lap as he crested the mountain, when the car went light...fabulous stuff. I put some pics up of the meeting here http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=cad0dd4905
Old 24 Apr 2012, 10:08 (Ref:3064764)   #153
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Cadwell I will pass on! Someone I used to know who help us with the set up of our 2nd Gens years ago (Derek Brunt?) said it was his favourite circuit in the 2nd gen.
Old 24 Apr 2012, 10:23 (Ref:3064772)   #154
modes
Racer

England
Harrogate
modes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Ha ha yeah well at least I don't need whitworth spanners.

So who is doing Brands then, I have a bit of a problem with the circuit with my yellow car in it bottoms out at the bottom of the hill and my 2nd car only has an 8 gallon tank.
Bernie shouldn't have a problem filling the Grid at Brands so probably need to get an entry in if you want to go. Presumably he will not be able to have the same size Grid as at Snetterton.

Brands is not my favourite Track, but currently planning to go as not really fair to expect southern based drivers and spectators to always travel north. Need to go through the MG before entering, though only a burnt out HT lead found mechanically / electrically so far, but not got underneath yet. Definitely need a new windscreen after stones hit it at Snetterton in line of sight, followed up by a turkey sized Pheasant hitting it on the way home on the trailer!

Brands is definitely the best track for spectators but a can be bit tight for drivers. The MG usually works pretty well there.
Old 24 Apr 2012, 11:09 (Ref:3064799)   #155
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I have dropped Bernie an email see what he says.
Old 24 Apr 2012, 12:23 (Ref:3064841)   #156
modes
Racer

England
Harrogate
modes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
I have dropped Bernie an email see what he says.
Thanks Al. Though Bernie has been very good on getting communications out to the drivers, via his family support team!

Be good to see your other Camaro, just have to get a bigger tank, as only seen the You Tube vid you put on from last year's race.

Will you be starting another Thread for the Brands Race nearer the time?
Old 24 Apr 2012, 12:36 (Ref:3064845)   #157
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
OK will do.