Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 24 Jan 2018, 13:19 (Ref:3794737)   #1551
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
By the way my favourite Wikipedia vandalism ROFL

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...ldid=821967549
Thankfully that page has now been locked so only established users can edit, it was getting a bit pathetic with some of the trolling entries going on by certain groups
Old 24 Jan 2018, 13:55 (Ref:3794741)   #1552
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Motorsport news
Huh? There's nothing there.
Old 24 Jan 2018, 13:57 (Ref:3794743)   #1553
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Jackson to Dynamics & Tordoff to fill his seat at Motorbase?
It's believed Tordoff has a TBL, which if he replaced Jackson at Motorbase, would be going spare.
Old 24 Jan 2018, 14:04 (Ref:3794744)   #1554
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Total crapshoot. Moffat or Butcher to drive an MG. If Moffat, a two-car Mac Tools team with Max Coates alongside Morgan.
Old 24 Jan 2018, 14:27 (Ref:3794748)   #1555
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Jackson to Dynamics & Tordoff to fill his seat at Motorbase?
Jackson would be some gob s#yte if he double crosses Motorbase after all the support they have given him. Why would you leave Motorbase to become the Neal family b*tch?
Old 24 Jan 2018, 14:44 (Ref:3794749)   #1556
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Jackson would be some gob s#yte if he double crosses Motorbase after all the support they have given him. Why would you leave Motorbase to become the Neal family b*tch?
How dare people have ambitions!
Old 24 Jan 2018, 14:53 (Ref:3794752)   #1557
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not if it were by mutual agreement, Tordoff would bring more backing than Jackson to Motorbase, his name has reappeared in connection with them already, but there was talk of the Tordoff being in possession of a TBL, whether that’s just a rumour or from a decent source I suppose we’ll find out soon! Just as silly season seemed to have calmed down a bit after ASI
Old 24 Jan 2018, 14:57 (Ref:3794753)   #1558
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
maybe, just maybe he doesn't want to end up the Chilton family b*tch in whats really become "his" team, by moving aside every time to let him through as others have in the past
Old 24 Jan 2018, 15:01 (Ref:3794755)   #1559
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Wait, you started this notion, now you are against it.
Old 24 Jan 2018, 15:10 (Ref:3794757)   #1560
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coming back to Huff, I don't get this craze about him returning to BTCC. He's never said that his main goal is to be back there for 2018. He would consider this option if someone was to pay him. He himself said that there are no paid seats in BTCC and this can be understood per se - he won't return. Given his links with both Leopard and Münnich he'll stick with one or the other and drive in WTCR.
A more possible option is Tordoff in Dynamics as far as I'm concerned.
Old 24 Jan 2018, 16:50 (Ref:3794765)   #1561
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Jackson at Dynamics. After all he has given it his best shot with Motorbase but always seemed to end up short. No one should begrudge him the chance to have a proper shot in a top car
Old 24 Jan 2018, 17:16 (Ref:3794769)   #1562
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
maybe, just maybe he doesn't want to end up the Chilton family b*tch in whats really become "his" team, by moving aside every time to let him through as others have in the past
Fair point!
Old 24 Jan 2018, 17:18 (Ref:3794770)   #1563
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
Wait, you started this notion, now you are against it.
I don't think I said it was a good thing. Indeed I don't think I said it was certain just mumblings Birmingham way Time will tell
Old 24 Jan 2018, 17:20 (Ref:3794771)   #1564
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Why are there paid drives in the WTCR and not BTCC?
Old 24 Jan 2018, 17:26 (Ref:3794772)   #1565
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Bigger budgets presumably.
Old 24 Jan 2018, 17:35 (Ref:3794774)   #1566
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The cynic would say there is no shortage of drivers for the BTCC with personal sponsorship and/or own money so there's no need to pay them.
Old 24 Jan 2018, 18:05 (Ref:3794780)   #1567
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Jackson at Dynamics. After all he has given it his best shot with Motorbase but always seemed to end up short. No one should begrudge him the chance to have a proper shot in a top car
Exactly this, if Mat has ever had serious title ambitions, I don't believe Motorbase are able to fulfill them. They've never realistically come near an overall title to date. And the championship is stronger than ever. They are a great team and I love to see them get returns for the hard work they put in, but just can't see it happening.
Old 24 Jan 2018, 18:32 (Ref:3794788)   #1568
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
interesting tweet from Tom Onslow Cole when asked about the Honda seat...

Ditto, I’d love to be reunited with @MattNealRacing and get my hands on that Honda! Always admired the team 🤓

6:48 am - 23 Jan 2018 From South East, England

....i didnt think he was interested in BTCC anymore
Old 24 Jan 2018, 18:57 (Ref:3794796)   #1569
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Exactly this, if Mat has ever had serious title ambitions, I don't believe Motorbase are able to fulfill them. They've never realistically come near an overall title to date. And the championship is stronger than ever. They are a great team and I love to see them get returns for the hard work they put in, but just can't see it happening.
in 2011 Mat Jackson and Motorbase were going into Knockhill leading the championship !!!!

but fall apart as Mat had puncture and also exhaust gases poisoning because unlike Honda...Motorbase didn't bother to include power windows...
Old 24 Jan 2018, 19:05 (Ref:3794797)   #1570
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:

...he would have been 2016 champion had they not gambled on dry tyres in the wet at Croft or ECU not packed in at Snetterton..
Old 24 Jan 2018, 19:09 (Ref:3794798)   #1571
Rob877
Racer

Rob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think paid drives are available in TCR as it is beneficial for manufactures to have their cars driven as quickly as possible by top drivers, to help entice people to buy their race cars at £100,000 a pop. So hypothetically Audi would be paying Gordon Shedden decent money to showcase their machinery, the same goes for all the other TCR manufactures. Similar to the 'win on Sunday sell on Monday' ethos of 90s BTCC, although a little more direct. At least that's my understanding of it, as I don't see a lot of sponsorship on most TCR cars.

It's a neat little by-product of the TCR ruleset. Not one I'm overly happy about as I can see it damaging our (currently excellent) national championship, if it really takes off. I know there are some people that love to knock the BTCC (including quite a few touring car journalists) but it really is in a great place at the moment, and long may it continue. Selfishly it's great to have so many top drivers racing in equal machinery at all of our fantastic circuits located in the UK. I would hate to lose that.
Old 24 Jan 2018, 21:57 (Ref:3794832)   #1572
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not if it were by mutual agreement, Tordoff would bring more backing than Jackson to Motorbase, his name has reappeared in connection with them already, but there was talk of the Tordoff being in possession of a TBL, whether that’s just a rumour or from a decent source I suppose we’ll find out soon! Just as silly season seemed to have calmed down a bit after ASI
How can Tordoff have a TBL? I was under the impression they were awarded to teams or drivers with their own car such as Simpson. Unless I have missed something Tordoff does not have his own car or team.
Old 24 Jan 2018, 22:01 (Ref:3794833)   #1573
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
2016, both Jackson and Jordan were mathematically in contention going into the final meeting and Motorbase were also in contention for the teams championship too.
Old 24 Jan 2018, 22:09 (Ref:3794835)   #1574
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
How can Tordoff have a TBL? I was under the impression they were awarded to teams or drivers with their own car such as Simpson. Unless I have missed something Tordoff does not have his own car or team.
A team could have been formed; until TOCA publish the entry list OR teams/individuals make announcements then we're simply guessing.

Another source today for example tells me Dynamics don't yet have a driver...

I'm still thinking Speedworks have a second TBL..... to go with the second Toyota chassis.....
Old 24 Jan 2018, 22:26 (Ref:3794839)   #1575
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
following my earlier post about Tom Onslow Cole's tweet...
this is a about 6 months old but read Matt Neals comments about which current drivers he would be picking in his team https://www.thepitcrewonline.net/201...ith-matt-neal/