Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: USGP: Driver of the race?
Michael Schumacher. 13 14.44%
Rubens Barrichello. 3 3.33%
Takumo Sato. 48 53.33%
Jarno Trulli. 2 2.22%
Oliver Panis. 4 4.44%
Kimi Raikkonen. 3 3.33%
Zsolt Baumgartner. 6 6.67%
Juan Pablo Montoya. 9 10.00%
Jenson Button. 1 1.11%
Fernado Alonso. 1 1.11%
Other (please state) 0 0%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21 Jun 2004, 19:35 (Ref:1011217)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
US Grand Prix: Driver of the race

OK here we are again. We will start with a quick reminder of what this competition is about.
Quote:
After every race, I will run a poll "Driver of the race". You can vote however you like, but for this to work members need to vote for the best race weekend performance, regardless if its your favorite driver or not. It will become pointless if Montoya fans vote for Juan or Webber fans vote for Mark (unless they deserve it of course ).

The polls will run for 10 days, and then the votes will show a winner, 2nd and 3rd.

Winner - 5 points
2nd - 3 points
3rd - 1 point

We will continue to do this every race and at the end, the points will be added and a Ten-Tenths Driver of the Year will be crowned.

Our champion could drive a Ferrari, Williams, Sauber or even a Minardi, as the race results are unimportant, but what the driver acheived on a race by race basis over the season.
First nominations (others can be added):

Michael Schumacher. Quick when it mattered and what a restart
Rubens Barrichello. Probably the fastest Ferrari driver over the weekend.
Fernado Alonso. What a start.
Jarno Trulli. Climbed through the field from the back.
Juan Pablo Montoya. Ditto.
Takumo Sato. A podium and some great overtaking.
Jenson Button. Had pace.
Oliver Panis. A quick Toyota in Q and a decent lap in the race, finished with decent points.
Kimi Raikkonen. Out of position, but not in a DC way.
Zsolt Baumgartner. A point. For Minardi.

Have I missed anyone worth a vote?
Old 21 Jun 2004, 19:38 (Ref:1011221)   #2
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
we all know it's gonna be sato . but i'll pick Rubens .. he would have had a better chance if not for those SC .. but that's racing . close second MS and TS .
worth mentioning .. Panis and Zsolt

Ciao Marco
Old 21 Jun 2004, 19:44 (Ref:1011227)   #3
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I went for Sato this time around, but really, Michael was again flawless, wasn't he?
Old 21 Jun 2004, 20:30 (Ref:1011281)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Has to be Sato san!
Old 21 Jun 2004, 20:34 (Ref:1011285)   #5
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sato.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 20:43 (Ref:1011295)   #6
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got to be Taku. Would have won if BAR hadn't screwed up during the safety car period.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 20:51 (Ref:1011304)   #7
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
no Damon . i don't think he would .... exactly as i predicted ..

Ciao Marco
Old 21 Jun 2004, 21:15 (Ref:1011328)   #8
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sato. He'd have been much closer to winning if BAR hadn't screwed up with the safety car.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 21:22 (Ref:1011340)   #9
beefy
Racer

United Kingdom
Cornwall
beefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had to go for Sato for sheer determination throughout the race.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 21:34 (Ref:1011350)   #10
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Taku
Old 21 Jun 2004, 21:41 (Ref:1011356)   #11
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Went for Taku, proberbly would have been JPM (for the first time this season on my part) had he not been excluded from the race.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 22:03 (Ref:1011381)   #12
beau
Racer

beau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ooooooooo look i'am the only one of 2 who says Micheal Schumacher
Old 21 Jun 2004, 22:07 (Ref:1011392)   #13
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not too enthusiastic about Sato, but he put in a very nice performance at Indy.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 22:14 (Ref:1011401)   #14
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted for Kimi - 'cos he managed to finish in an absolute dog of a car.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 22:16 (Ref:1011405)   #15
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
My vote goes to Sato.
If only they got the pitstop timing right, who know how close he could have been?

Thumbs up to:
Trulli for coming from the back end of the grid.
Montoya - same. Great drive in his backup car. Cruel to be taken out that way.
Baumgartner - to take points you've first got to take the car home. He did exactly that.

Can't include Rubens, sorry... Fastest Ferrari all weekend long... he should have won. Everything else makes him first loser.
Or Michael... nothing spectacular this time around. The overtaking was as much luck as timing IMO...

Edited: corrected spelling mistake

Last edited by gert; 21 Jun 2004 at 22:17.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 22:17 (Ref:1011407)   #16
beau
Racer

beau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Better make that 3 forgot to count my own vote
Old 21 Jun 2004, 22:34 (Ref:1011426)   #17
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its got to be Sato san.
Honourable mention to Minardi as a team for finially getting a car into the points.Well done Zolt.

The Grumpy1
Old 22 Jun 2004, 08:25 (Ref:1011717)   #18
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Trulli last to 4th is a top drive in any book
Old 22 Jun 2004, 10:20 (Ref:1011818)   #19
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Sato - great drive, consistently fast, lots of great overtakes and finished on the podium despite a strategy.

Honourable mentions to Trulli and JPM for storming through the field from the back and to Heidfeld for running far higher than the Jordan should have been. Should mention Zsolt for just getting to the end.

Who had a race? Barrichello - threw it away, BAR for the strategy and mustn't forget the medics for taking so long to get to Ralf.

I also thought Panis was out of order with his swerve on Taku, suprised that wasn't investigated really.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 11:12 (Ref:1011883)   #20
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
m. schumacher......
Old 22 Jun 2004, 17:41 (Ref:1012388)   #21
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here's my top 3:

1) Sato : Exciting and fast...when the critics are sharpening their knives. Many good overtaking moves, let down by BAR screw up.

2) Rubens : May not be obvious to some, but he's flying the whole weekend. Quick in practice, in qualifying and in race. Unfortunate with restart and pit, but would have clinched victory otherwise.

3) Michael : Flawless drive despite difficult car. But teammate was just a bit better this race...luck played a small part in helping him win again..but a good drive overall, and the restart is one of his better ones
Old 22 Jun 2004, 18:24 (Ref:1012423)   #22
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I said Panis. I think this guy often goes unnoticed. Solid drive in what could be the 8th best car on the grid...and to get 5th? Good result on a track where power and speed are crucial. And Toyota has the power.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 19:33 (Ref:1012489)   #23
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
Here's my top 3:

1) Sato
2) Rubens
3) Michael
I would agree with putting Rubens in the top 3 if we were to choose the driver of the weekend.

If it is a driver of the race, i can't place Rubens before Michael: it's obvious that he was faster almost the whole weekend, but...
when you start before your teammate, are as fast or even faster and still end up behind him, then either yourself or your team screwed up... I can't see how that rates as a better race than that of your team mate.

No disrespect meant: he had a good weekend but I don't think he had a better RACE than Michael.

edit: corrected some typos

Last edited by gert; 22 Jun 2004 at 19:34.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 19:50 (Ref:1012512)   #24
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But who's Takumo Sato?
Old 22 Jun 2004, 20:40 (Ref:1012559)   #25
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was lucky enough to be there, and I got to see some great racing from many of the drivers, that I would have missed on TV.

Have to go with Sato. Fast, aggressive, and unafraid. He's got the daring-do, that seems so missing today.

Rubens should have had the win, but he let Michael beat him on the straight. Cmon Rubens!

Danica Patrick