Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 31 Jan 2002, 11:23 (Ref:207258)   #1
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sr1 & Sr2

I thought that the SR1 and SR2 were the equivalents of LMP900 & LMP675, but in a recent advertisement in the middle of Autosport, it said the ROC VW 675's were in SR1. So what exactly are the rules.
Old 31 Jan 2002, 12:25 (Ref:207304)   #2
Abs
Rookie

Abs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you check out the offical LM website all of the rules and regulations are laid out there.
Old 31 Jan 2002, 13:26 (Ref:207359)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't profess to know much about SR1 and SR2, but I'm pretty sure SR2 does not equate to LMP675. I don't think they equate at all with the Le Mans regs (but I could well be wrong).
Old 31 Jan 2002, 17:05 (Ref:207506)   #4
Logan
Rookie

Logan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I tend to get a bit confused here aswell. I know that SR2 (FIA) was set up to be a cheap and easier form of sportscar racing and was definately different to LMP675 (ACO) which (in theory) should be able to win a race outright, although SR2 cars could be adapted over to LMP675 like the unfortunate Pilbeam at LM last year.

But now the FIA series is bringing in LMP675 and putting them under the SR1 umbrella. The way the FIA rules work (mandatory pit stops etc, 3 hr races) I can't see how an LMP675 car is ever going to win so I hope they give them some form of seperate points system as an incentive.

SR1 is now virtually identical to LMP900 thanks to the FIA & ACO finally deciding to communicate with each other and find some common ground.

Hopefully the new FIA/ACO rules package for 2004 will iron out all of these wrinkles and cut all the confusion!

Logan.
Old 31 Jan 2002, 21:38 (Ref:207775)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Aha! You appear to be considerably less confused than me, Logan! Thanks for that.
Old 31 Jan 2002, 23:45 (Ref:207906)   #6
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dont forget the sr classes in grand am. they were similar to the fia scc rules, but, no they seem to be slowing them down and making them spec racers.

question about the fia scc, are factory teams no encourged too? i know grand am activily discourages factorys to compete.

why dont you think a lmp675 car will be able to win out right? the mg/lola proved to be fast year and the new reynard should prove to be fast as well. for the better teams, they should have a decent chance. for the lesser preped teams, theyed need a better chance.