Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 26 Jun 2010, 02:09 (Ref:2718045)   #1
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spa F1 Info please!

What is the best way to tackle the Belgium GP - My son is working in UK - I'm in Oz - and I've been given a ticket to the GP.

I was just going to book a tour - but after an underwhelming response from a couple of them, I've booked Eurostar tickets myself (for about half what they wanted to charge!)

What do the experts suggest is the best way to tackle it from there? Staying in Brussells (some tours do this - again seems to be about double what you can book the same hotel for)), or staying closer somewhere like Verviers? How difficult is transport - or is it worth hiring a car?

Any tips greatly appreciated!
Old 29 Jun 2010, 12:52 (Ref:2719836)   #2
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
What is the best way to tackle the Belgium GP - My son is working in UK - I'm in Oz - and I've been given a ticket to the GP.

I was just going to book a tour - but after an underwhelming response from a couple of them, I've booked Eurostar tickets myself (for about half what they wanted to charge!)

What do the experts suggest is the best way to tackle it from there? Staying in Brussells (some tours do this - again seems to be about double what you can book the same hotel for)), or staying closer somewhere like Verviers? How difficult is transport - or is it worth hiring a car?

Any tips greatly appreciated!
We went a couple of years ago. Took Eurostar to Brussels, picked up a hire car and had a room booked not too far away (Kelmis, just up by the German border). Worked ok, but you do need to be up early as the traffic is worse than for Silverstone.
Old 1 Jul 2010, 10:55 (Ref:2720701)   #3
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
You CAN do public transport. Train to Spa, then bus up to Francorchamps passes the circuit entrance. Not sure where you get in for F1, never been, but Spa 24 we entered at La Source!

There should be loads of info already on here somewhere?
Old 1 Jul 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2720882)   #4
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
The train to Spa goes from Verviers but they are not that frequent as its only (from memory) single track ?. It's virtually impossible to drive around the area when the GP weekend is on and you have to be an "early bird.
Thinking about it, if you have a pre booked ticket for the race I think you could get a free shuttle bus from Spa ?

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 1 Jul 2010 at 19:34.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 Jul 2010, 14:04 (Ref:2721469)   #5
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://hari.b-rail.be/HAFAS/bin/query.exe/en

try this for a potential train connection, i think there is one train every hour.
Old 5 Jul 2010, 03:16 (Ref:2721988)   #6
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the input - a bit more searching shows shuttle buses fron Verviers appears to be the go.

Found a hotel in Liege so that looks like it!
Old 5 Jul 2010, 12:31 (Ref:2722128)   #7
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I hope everything works Rick, If you haven't been to the track before you won't be disappointed !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Jul 2010, 12:36 (Ref:2722132)   #8
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Absolutely. Fabulous place, every bit as advertised, and then a bit more!
Old 5 Jul 2010, 14:15 (Ref:2722162)   #9
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enjoy - wonderful place to watch a race. I just hope you like waffles and chips with mayonnaise...