Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 12 Mar 2016, 22:36 (Ref:3622397)   #1
v jones
Rookie

v jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crowd Funded

I have noticed a recent trend for club racers to put out their begging bowl for people to give them money for their racing,fine, if someone feels its value and helps someone,all well and good.
However I was surprised to see a driver wanting £5000 to fund his fun and his hobby,his motive was that his racing would be racing awareness for a charity, is raising awareness the same as giving the charity money?
I know of a competitor last season who raised,a large amount of money and racewear and parts on this raising awareness ticket. Their website has yet to show a simple contribution to the chosen charities. I am afraid that a cynic must question the motives of such actions,surely if you give a club racing£100 for his racing,would you not be better off giving the charity the money. Days like the Castle Combe Mini which raised donations for charities are great,but what is raising awareness?? Help me out,let me know your thoughts, I pay for my racing out off my pension,charity donations are by direct debit,i have never looked for sponsorship because I cannot see any benefit to anyone from my racing. I am surprised to see presentations drivers make which are little more than give us money and we will give you a £15 pound ticket to the meeting and a cup of tea.