Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 26 Jul 2004, 21:26 (Ref:1048206)   #1
MrA
Rookie

MrA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Man's 2005 - Newbie !

Hello

Not sure if this is the right place but I think everyone should do Le Man at least once.

So into the breach I go.

So can someone help this newbie with advise. Where should I park, camp (never camped in my life !), sit/stand.

Where do I book?

I think I will drive down - anything else seems cheating !!!! And its about time my car got a good run. Is there any BMW clubs that you know of that go convoy?

thanks#

mra
Old 26 Jul 2004, 22:03 (Ref:1048257)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Welcome.

There are lots of Le Mans (the s is important!) veterans on here who will provide you with lots of advice.

I'd definitely drive though - it'll add so much to the whole experience.
Old 26 Jul 2004, 23:44 (Ref:1048334)   #3
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Read all about it!

Start here: http://www.le-mans.co.uk/
Old 27 Jul 2004, 07:28 (Ref:1048465)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think you need to start in the Sportscar/GT forum Mr. A. You'll find an awful lot of like-minded souls there - including me!

At the risk of self-promotion, you might like to take a look here as well.....

first-timers
Old 27 Jul 2004, 13:56 (Ref:1048790)   #5
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Going to Le Mans as a Newbie is wonderfully simple.

The fun lasts all week so don't limit yourself to just the weekend. Track action starts 7pm on the Wednesday. The Genreal Entrance tickets get you into the practice day in May too, if you are keen.

Check out http://www.lemans.org for the official website, with the cheapest tickets. Don't worry about contacting the ACO (Automobile Club de l'Ouest) either by email or phone as they are fluent in English.

Sites like http://www.beermountain.com have reviews of the different campsites, the only campsite I'd be wary of is the Tertre Rouge one which is right alongside the track and all the other spectators will be wandering past your tents all week.

You need one camping ticket per vehicle, so no need to book any parking.

Getting a grandstand seat is down to personal choice, on your first visit there is so much to see you'll probably not get a chance to sit down.

As a guide, this year our group's race tickets (camping, entrance and stand) came to exactly £100 a head. A bargain for a week's entertainment.
Old 27 Jul 2004, 20:52 (Ref:1049202)   #6
MrA
Rookie

MrA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cheers guys this is all really good stuff and £100 sounds in my kind of price bracket !!!! lol.

will plow through all of it asap

mra