Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 19 Feb 2009, 18:36 (Ref:2400353)   #251
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoste
HI All,

Looking for a little help does any one have any result sheets from 89/90/91/92 I need to get 8 copies of results to apply for a new licence, unfortunatley I cant find any.
Ive very recently bought my old Super road car back (Saab 9000),and I am going to be having a run out in the Pre 93 touring cars which Im really excited about. Im sure I finished in more than 8 races even if it was in the gravel i just need to prove it to the MSA.

Thanks

Steve
Steve -

Would that be Mr Moore? If so - I may well be able to help. I have result sheets for most of the races I did between 1990 and 1994, so there should be plenty with you on it.

Hope you've got plenty of jubilee clips to keep the boost pipes on!

Rob.
Old 19 Feb 2009, 19:18 (Ref:2400380)   #252
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Simon it appears I was incorrect and its only the post historics that can fit additions to the suspension. So with CTCRC your basic choices are de-spec the car a bit and run in Group 1 and or Pre-93 or run it in Classic Thunder or the new Ford Boss series that will be running within Classic Thunder and if enough interest will hopefully get its own race eventually.
Old 20 Feb 2009, 08:40 (Ref:2400679)   #253
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
BTW I will also say if you did go the down grade route you would probably end up with a front running car in our Group 1 which has to be better than playing cannon fodder any day.
Old 20 Feb 2009, 21:24 (Ref:2401059)   #254
Sarnie
Racer

England
Middx.
Sarnie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSarnie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for looking into that Al, I will have to have a think and decide which way to go.
Old 24 Feb 2009, 18:05 (Ref:2403316)   #255
geoste
Rookie

geoste should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hi Simon, good to see you still have your car, I'd like to say it would be good to see you out again, but I thought after leaving it 15 years you would have gone away not coming out to beat me again! Only come out in the rain to give me chance.

Rob yes it is me I have been reliably informed that hose clip technology has moved on in the time we have been away but we will see.

Thanks for your offers of help with the result sheets but the Msa have now been able to supply with a licence.

Thanks

Steve
Old 25 Feb 2009, 08:11 (Ref:2403696)   #256
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Look forward to racing against you sometime in 09 Steve. And BTW welcome to the forum.
Old 25 Feb 2009, 23:14 (Ref:2404238)   #257
MiniMadness
Veteran

Canada
Glen Allen VA/Kent UK
MiniMadness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[quote=timmartin]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim dodwell
Salvador (Valiente) moved to Spain a few years ago, plays with bikes nowadays (non-competitively).

hey, well Tim Dodwell and salvador valiente, names i remember well from my time in the road saloons. I drove mk1 GTis number 83, silver one got stacked off the start line at mallory. sat in middle of second row with Neil (beany ?) on my left, lights went out, neil made a good start and jumped straight across my bows (touching me), scrapped the armco and I get punted and collected by someone down the field as I slid sideways down the straight... oh well, one of my shorter races.

I remember Tim Dodwell and I had a good old tussle at a silverstone race, great fun. I could catch him, but he always seem to pull away on the straights. I think he claimed it was is smaller profile tyres that were more streamlined. ha ha.
wasnt Salvador the dentist?, who was the other guy who won everything, fruit and veg man, or am I getting them mixed up?

I stopped because of the expense. turning point was near end of season at coombe where I qualified 7th or 8th - spent the winter on new suspension and a few engine mods, testing etc., went to coombe in new season, qualifed over a second quicker and found myself 15th on the grid, enough is enough. all good fun though.

I have some photos on this Mac just trying to figure out how to attached. they all include me of course but plenty of other cars are shown too.

havent done any racing sincce 1992 apart from Karts of course. and if any of you havent tried a 125 Kart on an outdoor track, I recommend it, CRAZY!

Tim
Mentioning Mk1 Golfs, I used to go to school with Jason Pattison, he was Steve Pattison's son. He used to race a Mk1 Golf and then a Mk1 Scirocco.
Old 25 Feb 2009, 23:30 (Ref:2404246)   #258
tim dodwell
Racer

tim dodwell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You will see Steve (Pattison) if you are hauled up before the Stewards at a race - I think he sticks to Lydden though. He gave up racing some years ago.

Last edited by tim dodwell; 25 Feb 2009 at 23:32.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 19:09 (Ref:2404828)   #259
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Rob yes it is me I have been reliably informed that hose clip technology has moved on in the time we have been away but we will see.
Don't forget springs have moved on from being "Black round and coily" too....

Quote:
Thanks for your offers of help with the result sheets but the Msa have now been able to supply with a licence.
Hussar!

Now remember, the finish line at Brands isn't the marshal's hut at the turn-in point for Paddock.......... so no need to chuck it in the kitty litter at the end of the race!

All we need now is Bob Harnett to come out of retirement and scrutineer the series with some dubious interpretations of the rules.....

I'm almost tempted to get some rust eater on the Nova, and see if there's anything left of it to paint!!

Rob.
Old 20 Mar 2009, 00:02 (Ref:2419854)   #260
micky rason
Rookie

United Kingdom
hertfordshire
micky rason should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi guys just lookin over this old thread and theres another name i remember Simon Light. am i correct you ran a Capri in mod prods simon?
Old 20 Mar 2009, 00:25 (Ref:2419866)   #261
joss Ronchetti
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Glen, Leicester
joss Ronchetti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I used to race against Simon in the Slick 50 Road Saloons in 1987/88 in my 3.9 Vitesse
Old 20 Mar 2009, 19:44 (Ref:2420442)   #262
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Was it you that punted me Sunbeam into the barriers at Old Hall on the slowing down lap Joss as it was someone in a Rover and after I had just put the thing on pole I might add. Maybe thats how you got turned on to them, I mean you may have thought if a 1600cc pushrod engined Ti can beat all those V8's imagine what can a Lotus version can do, must have one of those!
Old 20 Mar 2009, 20:09 (Ref:2420462)   #263
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it was you Joss then please let me buy you a pint!!
Old 20 Mar 2009, 20:14 (Ref:2420468)   #264
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Well it did lead to the start of the Modified Production Saloons so I guess it did some good and as PHTC reo when are we going to see you out again.
Old 21 Mar 2009, 15:50 (Ref:2421081)   #265
joss Ronchetti
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Glen, Leicester
Hopefully about lap 8 at Thruxton when I lap you Al!!
Old 21 Mar 2009, 19:11 (Ref:2421337)   #266
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
No way the IROC-Z will hit 170mph at Thruxton! :-)
Old 21 Mar 2009, 19:21 (Ref:2421351)   #267
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
No way the IROC-Z will hit 170mph at Thruxton! :-)
But will there be enough room to slow it down......
Old 21 Mar 2009, 19:35 (Ref:2421364)   #268
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Now that could be a problem!
Old 21 Mar 2009, 20:47 (Ref:2421439)   #269
joss Ronchetti
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Glen, Leicester
Thuxton may have the longest straight.................but it has the most corning of any circuit in the UK. A good handling car can be a giant killer round there.
Ask Peter Taylor in his 550 Bhp Sierra who could do 180 compared to my 140 last time we were there.
I expect to be up to 160 this time but 3/4 secs quicker because of the areo pack we now have....made a 2 sec difference round Mallory in the rain on the same day.
Unless your not flat thru Church in 6th (5th in your case, presuming you have 5 gears?) you're not trying
Old 22 Mar 2009, 08:08 (Ref:2421833)   #270
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
No only have 4 gears Joss, big old 4 speed Muncie truck gearbox was thinking of a modified 5 speed T5 which I can leaglly run but they are a few quid and the Muncie is virtually indestructable.

Was you racing in ModProds with us when I put tho older car on overall pole at Thruxton, she did have a more aerodynamic front end then and a 6.6 litre engine and I calculated it pulled 156mph down the back straight. Trouble was as usual it rained for the race and predictable I went off at the first corner because the car is a dog in the wet.

I am not saying for a second I would beat you in the later car far from it as it is a Pre-93 prepared car on road tyres, glass and steel panels with minimum weight regulation and not a Classic Thunder on slicks after all, all I am saying is I would hope you would not be able to lap me as Thruxton with its long sweeping bends really suits the Camaro which just does not like the twiddly bits as its a long wheel base chassis that does not change direction so quick.

BTW ever seen that period footage of Frank Gardiner going around Thruxton in his alloy CanAm engined camaro in the BTCC, he goes past the BMW Batmobiles like they are standing still! Oh BTW despite a spin in practice I won me class in the older car at Thruxton last time, only because all the other Class A cars broke down though.
Old 22 Mar 2009, 23:40 (Ref:2422329)   #271
micky rason
Rookie

United Kingdom
hertfordshire
[quote][But will there be enough room to slow it down...... /QUOTE]
Old 22 Mar 2009, 23:45 (Ref:2422332)   #272
micky rason
Rookie

United Kingdom
hertfordshire
just like to mention that the mini did struggle against most other machines at thruxton despite all the bends coz it was f*"@ing slow on the fast bits
Old 23 Mar 2009, 09:35 (Ref:2422544)   #273
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Are you coming out this year Mick, we have started a baby class in Pre-93's just for your mini! In 2007 your mate in the Clubman put it on pole in PHTC's in the wet, problem was it was dry for the race and he tried too hard to hold pole and wrote the thing off on the first lap. I think he would have been better summing up the situation and letting the big boys through and picking up an easy class win.
Old 28 Mar 2009, 16:08 (Ref:2427197)   #274
micky rason
Rookie

United Kingdom
hertfordshire
Hi Al
are you talkingh about Keith Calver? i might look at regs and bank account as you know the problems with my missing engine and box, and see what happens i would love to get out there again ...especially in the wet as that was when the mini really is in contention. i regard that very wet Donnigton race as probably my best! mick
Old 28 Mar 2009, 16:47 (Ref:2427216)   #275
micky rason
Rookie

United Kingdom
hertfordshire
Al also did i tell you i did a track day at goodwood with my son Sam in his Clio 182 was wet then as well but boy did it make me want to do it all again! my cousin helped organise the day, he races a Galaxy in Top Hat the madman only let me have a drive! i think it was the first time id driven a rear wheel drive car on track as well. so if you fancy lending me one of your Camaros...............