Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 13 Jun 2005, 18:05 (Ref:1327537)   #1
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EERC/Belcar Meeting Brands Hatch 25/26 June 2005

Hi everybody,

My first visit to Brands this is going to be. Anyone here know where i can view a timetable for Sunday?

Cheers,

Daz
Old 13 Jun 2005, 19:09 (Ref:1327583)   #2
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try this....

http://www.brscc-se.co.uk/races/time24jun05.pdf

This is the fourth revision so it could still change before next weekend. The MSV adverts for the event are stating the Belcar race as starting at 12:45 on Sunday so there`s an anomaly to start with!

Should be a very good meeting - for a mere £12 on the gate as well - who needs Goodwood!?!
Old 14 Jun 2005, 10:24 (Ref:1328131)   #3
archibold
Racer

United Kingdom
London
archibold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe the schedule was shunted around to allow for Belcar's live TV coverage.

If you are around the lower paddock come and say hello, we are running in Britcar with 1x Z3 coupe (#75) and 1x M3 (#76).

Paul
Old 14 Jun 2005, 10:35 (Ref:1328143)   #4
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
you could also try www.eerc.co.uk
Old 14 Jun 2005, 10:39 (Ref:1328144)   #5
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I did actually Stephen, and could I find a timetable? Nope. It isn't the easiest site to find your way round!
Old 14 Jun 2005, 10:43 (Ref:1328148)   #6
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I agree Ian, it's not the best for navigation.
Old 14 Jun 2005, 10:57 (Ref:1328158)   #7
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I'll be there for sure-guess we'll find out about the real timetable when we get there! ...and Ian, your right-the site does need looking at by those at EERC!!
Old 14 Jun 2005, 11:43 (Ref:1328199)   #8
topwelshman
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
topwelshman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's alot better than it used to be for sure but still needs work & is not representative of the quality of the series fortunately
Old 14 Jun 2005, 11:51 (Ref:1328207)   #9
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Agreed, it looks a bit nicer than it was. But when I click on "Britcar" on the left hand menu I'd like to have access to a summary of what it is all about, a calendar, championship table, race reports and results, maybe a timetable! At present there are a few links to some mostly quite old news stories!

I know how much work there is in keeping a website up to date and pertinent, but it is important to have that base information on and make it fairly easy to find. As you say, it is not representative of the series but to many people it will be their first impressions, and they will not be very good...
Old 14 Jun 2005, 12:24 (Ref:1328241)   #10
Elio
Veteran

For those wanting a little more info on the Belcar element of this meeting have a little look at the official site here.......

http://www.giganet.nl/belcar/index.htm/eng/indexeng.htm

No news stories or timings for the Brands event yet but there is a very good Championship entry list under "Teams" which also includes a photo of most drivers and their cars. Lets hope the vast majority of teams DO make the trip over to Brands.
Old 14 Jun 2005, 12:29 (Ref:1328245)   #11
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
Thanks for the info guys. I regularly check the eerc website myself, its a bit untidy. Seeing as this is my first brands trip - is there anywhere people would recommend for viewing? Im a keen amateur photographer so a good view is important! Plus does brands have any trackside shops?
Old 14 Jun 2005, 12:33 (Ref:1328252)   #12
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Good places to view/photograph are Paddock Hill Bend and Druids Hairpin. There are shops under the main grandstands.
Old 14 Jun 2005, 12:38 (Ref:1328258)   #13
Elio
Veteran

Oh, and if you delve back a page from the eerc`s homepage ( http://eerc.co.uk/cms/news.php?5 ) you will find a Britcar entrylist for Brands. You have to give the EERC some credit for providing this information (it was up last week some time) - many other series do not offer regular news bulletins like this. That said, based on previous experience, you can`t over-emphasize the "Provisional"-ness of the entries they give prior to their races!! This one seems to resemble more of a Registered Entrants list rather than a particular Race Entry List (40 cars!!) but hopefully they`ll all show. Some of the best meetings I`ve attended in the last few years have been EERC events so I have every faith that they`ll have an extremely good entry across all their formulas next weekend (not least cos it`s Brands GP!).
Old 14 Jun 2005, 12:42 (Ref:1328265)   #14
Ian Sowman
Veteran

To be fair, two of the big three clubs regularly make entry lists available on their site a week or more before the meetings - 750MC and BRSCC. BARC keep them in a restricted area for some reason, which is a shame
Old 14 Jun 2005, 12:49 (Ref:1328269)   #15
Elio
Veteran

For photos, remember it`s the full circuit.....

Surtees becomes far more useful for photos when it`s the GP circuit. A lot of the saloons (esp Belcar) will be left-hand drive so Surtees will offer the best chance to take a photo with the driver nearest the camera.

I tried out the new (although VERY similar to before) Westfields at the Motorcycle Enduro last month. This should be quite good for photography as you are quite low down compared to other corners like Hawthorns and Sheenes.

Practically anywhere around the GP loop will be fine for photos though.

As for the Indy section, as Stephen says, Druids is the best/only real option for photos. The infield is fence-free and great for panning. The outside has fencing low enough to allow for some head-on type shots if that`s your thing!
Old 14 Jun 2005, 12:53 (Ref:1328272)   #16
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
Cheers guys. I will probably walk the circuit and pick out my favourite spots, long races so i will have plenty of time! If the weather doesnt stay good is it just the Pit Straight that offers grandstands? I assume these are covered? Im trying to read the map thats on the Brands Hatch website but its a scanned image and terrible for reading from. You would think they could come up with something a bit better.
Old 14 Jun 2005, 12:57 (Ref:1328275)   #17
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
The only grandstand is at Paddock Hill bend and its an open grandstand. There are hospitality units along the start/finish straight but I don't know whether they will be available for use. Best ring MSV for full details.
Old 14 Jun 2005, 12:57 (Ref:1328277)   #18
Elio
Veteran

Ian, Ok I agree!!

I was thinking more along the lines of the EERC`s website as a Race Series site rather than an Organising Club`s site. In other words, I kind of think of anything on the EERC`s site as a bit of a bonus, as I would assume that a full timetable and set of Final Instructions will be posted on the BRSCC`s main site in due course.

(The 750 site is very helpful as concerns Final Instructions - just a shame they only list numbers/names of competitors on their downloads and not vehicles as well).
Old 14 Jun 2005, 13:00 (Ref:1328280)   #19
Ian Sowman
Veteran

I agree with you on the 750MC site, I will see if I can persuade Robin to change that for the online version at least because it would be a big help. Especially to me when I'm doing my preparation for the commentary!
Old 14 Jun 2005, 13:03 (Ref:1328287)   #20
Elio
Veteran

Ah, so no Brian Jones this Sunday then?
Old 14 Jun 2005, 13:08 (Ref:1328293)   #21
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Oh, it will probably be some combination of Jones/Murphy/Pye this weekend, although I will be down there for the September event. My next outing isn't until Silverstone at the end of August, actually.
Old 14 Jun 2005, 20:22 (Ref:1328704)   #22
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibold
I believe the schedule was shunted around to allow for Belcar's live TV coverage.
Belcar live TV coverage ?? Nope, they don't do that!
Only for the 24 hours at Zolder there is some live tv.
Old 15 Jun 2005, 15:17 (Ref:1329355)   #23
archibold
Racer

United Kingdom
London
archibold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
Belcar live TV coverage ?? Nope, they don't do that!
Only for the 24 hours at Zolder there is some live tv.
Hi Eddy

Not going to argue with you. This was what I was going from, which was an extract from an email to competitors on 6th June from EERC:

"Please find attached another timetable for Brands Hatch GP. We have had to
change the times on the Sunday as Belcar have WIGE TV covering their race
live and they have allocated them a time a certain slot which we have had
to adhere to."

Archibold
Old 15 Jun 2005, 22:20 (Ref:1329940)   #24
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I understand Dave Cox will not now be taking part as he had a big shunt at Spa last weekend in the BMW...guess the cars not very fit as Dave apparently had a bruised kneck and some broken ribs unfortunately.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 07:11 (Ref:1330099)   #25
Elio
Veteran

That`s a shame - still haven`t seen that car around Brands yet - despite it having done some of the other Britcar races at other circuits last year.