Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 10 Mar 2007, 13:39 (Ref:1863033)   #1
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
HrRACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British Rallycross Championship - Rumoured Rage Buggies Update

THIS IS NOT A RUMOUR!!

I have been talking to the people directally repsonible for Rage Racing, about things which which have nothing to do with the British Rallycross Championship.

I have been asked to let people know that there is NO planned racing for Rage Buggies in the British Rallycross Championship this year.

Details of what is planned for the future will be given out in due course, but if you would like more information at all on the Rage Buggies, and any Rallycross plans then PM me.

I hope this clears things up for people!
Old 10 Mar 2007, 19:36 (Ref:1863254)   #2
chris cake
Racer

England
LYDDEN HILL
chris cake should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Hal:

Well thats great news if you have it right !

For the good of Rallycross it can not become a class at any cost !

I was told it was going to run as a Irish championship thats why one was at Mondello last meeting for checking !

So have you any more info ?

Would be good if there was an official reply from organisers !

Last edited by chris cake; 10 Mar 2007 at 19:43.
Old 10 Mar 2007, 19:47 (Ref:1863262)   #3
chris cake
Racer

England
LYDDEN HILL
Oh forgot to ask have you any info on the tyre front?
Old 10 Mar 2007, 22:09 (Ref:1863362)   #4
RXfan
Racer

RXfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris cake

I dont think a reply is really necessary Chris when it appears the whole thing has been a rumour.

Its a shame you are not able to race at Lydden on Easter Monday but i guess you will be there to celebrate 40yrs of rallycross and enjoy what im sure is going to be a greats days racing
Old 10 Mar 2007, 23:15 (Ref:1863384)   #5
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris, you said British Championship before, So what your saying now its is the Irish championship. You going to appoligise for all the kefuffle you stared with your incorrect information. and wait till you have the official story before you start flying your flag
Old 10 Mar 2007, 23:54 (Ref:1863406)   #6
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I havent seen anything about these at mondello... or infact in the championship....

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 11 Mar 2007, 07:37 (Ref:1863502)   #7
shhh
Veteran

Ireland
shhh has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Hi Hal:

Well thats great news if you have it right !

For the good of Rallycross it can not become a class at any cost !

I was told it was going to run as a Irish championship thats why one was at Mondello last meeting for checking !

So have you any more info ?

Irish Championship???? Eh nope!
Old 11 Mar 2007, 10:13 (Ref:1863538)   #8
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Ten-Tenths.com is not affiliated to any organisation in rallycross be it BRDA, ROC, BTRDA or MDA. While it is acknowlaged that officials from all these organisations read, and indeed sometimes post on ten-tenths, they do so as private individuals. Therefore it is up to them what, and when they post.

Back to the Rage Buggys, thanks Hal for clearing that up. I personally could never see them becoming a rallycross class, but if they were to run under their own regulations at a clubman meeting, then fine. The MDA have done this in the past with NORA and if it helps bring the cost down at a smaller meeting it's a good idea. In the past I have olso seen Quad bikes and Supermoto running at rallycross meetings.
Old 12 Mar 2007, 07:51 (Ref:1864354)   #9
chris cake
Racer

England
LYDDEN HILL
Hi Ted :

Just got back from test day and had a look on here to see your post!
As you was there to would of nice to had a chat really .I would of done if i now what had been posted to clear up some things!

I dont think i need to appoligise as i was told by Rage that their Buggies was to race at the BRX but be under the Irish orgs wing !Was even asked if i was interested in driving one!
Also other people have asked and got the same answer !

Iam not flying any flags !
My posts are for the good of the sport not anything else!

Anyway we had a very good test today and had my first go on the brill Silverstone tyres on the stock hatch !
I wish i had them when i raced S/H What grip

Chris .....
Old 12 Mar 2007, 10:18 (Ref:1864466)   #10
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver bullet
Ten-Tenths.com is not affiliated to any organisation in rallycross be it BRDA, ROC, BTRDA or MDA. While it is acknowlaged that officials from all these organisations read, and indeed sometimes post on ten-tenths, they do so as private individuals. Therefore it is up to them what, and when they post.
To be fair similar questions have been asked on the BRDA's own website - and there's no official response on there either! So they can't really complain if rumours start to spread... The control tryre question also remains a mystery.
Old 12 Mar 2007, 17:58 (Ref:1864865)   #11
chris cake
Racer

England
LYDDEN HILL
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas
The control tyre question also remains a mystery.

There might be some thing said very soon re tyres !

If i didnt have a really nice tyre sponsor with the right tyres as well i would be able to get a lot of very cheep tyres!!!!!
Old 12 Mar 2007, 18:39 (Ref:1864901)   #12
chris cake
Racer

England
LYDDEN HILL
Quote:
There might be some thing said very soon re tyres !

If i didnt have a really nice tyre sponsor with the right tyres as well i would be able to get a lot of very cheep tyres!!!!!
Just had a throught !
Can be used somewhere else with no probs!!!!

Control tyres in control classes I rest my case me lord
Old 12 Mar 2007, 20:18 (Ref:1865013)   #13
RXfan
Racer

Come on Chris,have you anything positive to say about the BRC? After someone else here kept making negative comments I stated that it was best left to you to be the "unofficial" spokesman for the ROC because at least you had peoples respect. Carry on like this and you will quickly lose it.

Before the 1st round of the ROC everyone here was very supportive towards you all but when it was said a couple of people would not be racing you jumped on their backs and claimed they were trying to put the series down and rallycross in genaral, what is it you are trying to do?

Im sorry but Im finding this whole thing extremely tiresome, its time for you all to grow up, lose those egos and work together for the sake of the sport.
Old 12 Mar 2007, 20:31 (Ref:1865029)   #14
chris cake
Racer

England
LYDDEN HILL
Iam sorry but iam not the one with the big ego!
On the positive front its at Lydden Iam a poor ex Stock Hatch driver whos very lucky to have a lot of very kind people around me to give the chance to live my dream !
As for putting down the BRC with the lack of info that says i all dont you think!
Its about time that the line was drawn in the sand so to speak and tell the truth!
So many behind closed doors deals it would make most drivers hair curl!!!!!
Oh also i am the official spokeman for the Rallycrossopen championship
Not the Roc as that Thats the Race of champions!

Last edited by chris cake; 12 Mar 2007 at 20:37.
Old 12 Mar 2007, 20:57 (Ref:1865060)   #15
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just like BRC is British Rally Championship....

IRXC (Irish Rallycross'X' Championship) IRC (Irish Rally Championship)

Regardless of the Acronym Gentlemen, i for one am getting sick of this BRXC VS Rallycross Open Championship Cod-ology (Yes the study of Fibs).

I want something clarified here because im not fully understanding this buggys thing, Can someone definitivly clarify:

What Round / Championship are these buggys going to be in.
Who is running the event.
Is it confirmed.

This thread has been nothing but a waste so far, the purpose was to give an update as to the Status of this "Rage Buggies" but sofar the Message hasnt come across; Im sure im not the only one, so can Someone under the 3 Questions post the Proper Answers.

And in Fairness to Shhh, we may give out about the JMC Advertising but he gets the message out crystal clear!

Michael

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 12 Mar 2007, 21:00 (Ref:1865061)   #16
RXfan
Racer

Last bit made me smile Chris
I guess what will say it all is how the entry for the first round of the BRC compares to that of the open champs and the next round of the open.At the end of the day its the drivers who chose what championship they do, thats those who are not tied up with one particular organisor,no one is forcing them to do either.
Though it would be nice for you all to work together even if that still meant 2 series I doubt it will happen but as I said before 2 series is better than none!Just stop the my **** is bigger than yours stuff
Old 12 Mar 2007, 21:27 (Ref:1865088)   #17
chris cake
Racer

England
LYDDEN HILL
I couldnt agree more lets waite see shall we!
But as the great man has said to certain People with web sites its for the good of Rallycross (JUST ASK)
Old 13 Mar 2007, 00:19 (Ref:1865231)   #18
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone here is going to look very stupid when these "buggies" don't materialise at a BRC event..........
Old 13 Mar 2007, 10:36 (Ref:1865470)   #19
chris cake
Racer

England
LYDDEN HILL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports
Someone here is going to look very stupid when these "buggies" don't materialise at a BRC event..........

As i think this poster is meaning me i will reply!

Not stupid VERY PLEASED

Yer but what happens if they do????
Old 13 Mar 2007, 10:47 (Ref:1865477)   #20
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure who's got their facts right - but I do know that the BRC (or BRXC!) is going to look very stupid with RAGE buggies in it! Perhaps it should get moving and concentrate on promoting RALLYCROSS - what it is here for.
Old 13 Mar 2007, 11:02 (Ref:1865482)   #21
chris cake
Racer

England
LYDDEN HILL
Yes i agree on all counts!

Rage wouldnt openly talk about the whole situation if it was not being talked seriously and even tell my the dates where they was racing

At the time of my first post it was all going to happen , but sence then may of be dropped as too much of a hot potato!

When do do other people on here think we might find out??

Last edited by chris cake; 13 Mar 2007 at 11:06.
Old 13 Mar 2007, 11:55 (Ref:1865523)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thread title changed to indicate that this is/was rumoured.
Old 13 Mar 2007, 17:01 (Ref:1865673)   #23
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Quote:
Yes i agree on all counts!

Rage wouldnt openly talk about the whole situation if it was not being talked seriously and even tell my the dates where they was racing

At the time of my first post it was all going to happen , but sence then may of be dropped as too much of a hot potato!

When do do other people on here think we might find out??
Chris, the major problem here is its your word against everyone elses and while there is a portion of people who will take you on your word; there is another who wont (and have made their point).

Im playing devil's advicate here on this one, There has been nothing mentioned on the British Rallycross Website Mr. Whittington hasnt announced anything on erc24.com or in MN and nobody from the IRXC crowd have said anything to anyone over here.

There is no Tangable evidence that its going to happen.

And lads less of the mocking.

Old 13 Mar 2007, 17:12 (Ref:1865683)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is obviously a convern to rallycross fans. Rxie's post is a good reminder that we need to be careful how we report our thoughts. Let's continue the discussion on the basis that it is either good or bad, not that it is a foregone conclusion. Maybe the powers that be will listen/read.
Old 13 Mar 2007, 18:37 (Ref:1865751)   #25
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh Please!

Oh also i am the official spokeman for the Rallycrossopen championship
I think the above says it all!
Starting to think this is the Rallycrossopen championship Forum!
It seems to me its OK to find out some snippet of information and post in the forum opening up a whole can of worms!.Thus maybe digging up the dirt at the BRC expense,and to maybe sway competitors away to another Championship.Don't get me wrong I met Peter Stott many years back and what he has done, has been true to his word! his main goal was too Bring Top European drivers too his own Events and ultimately the British Round of the ERC back where it belongs !Hopefully soon.If it wasn't for Peter and his Original Partners we would never have had the Super Prix again.
The forum is great for the rallycross fans to find out Info on Events and News of cars and drivers and what's going on in European Championship.
We all know that the Championships have official press releases that can be obtained via email !so lets leave the snippets of Information too the Organizers to release as and when they want.
I'm sure all this negative feedback toward the Various Championships isn't doing BRC any good? and I cant Imagine Mr Stott being very Happy undoing all his good work thus far. Not so long ago a certain Toyota was sponsored by the Super Series don't remember him being so vocal on matters! just used to get on driving!
OH yes Buggies seen em before not a fan, but untill we hear officially lets wait and see.