Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 30 Mar 2012, 10:47 (Ref:3050782)   #1
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC Brands Hatch indy rounds 1,2 & 3 2012

time for the talking to stop and the racing begins.
I wonder how the new cars will get on and who will be the 1st driver to get pole this Saturday.
and it look like the weather will be kind to the 24 drivers that be on the grid this Sunday.
I think it is safe to say the UK season starts now!
who do you think will be the 1st one to get the checked flag.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 10:56 (Ref:3050785)   #2
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I cant wait...

Its so difficult to make predictions. I suspect that the 4 NGTC Civics will be right up at the sharp end. Maybe the early rounds will see some of the older S2000 cars in with a chance, Newsham was particularly impressive in testing. Matt Jackson will surely be up near the front too... and maybe Rob Austin.

Looking forward to it!
Old 30 Mar 2012, 11:14 (Ref:3050793)   #3
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully Honda's aren't too dominant this year on - would love to see Wrathall or Austin get a victory, and it'd be cool to see Mat Jackson, Collard and TOC do well too...

Should be a good weekend - for anyone who is at the track, make sure you enjoy the nice weather.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 13:00 (Ref:3050835)   #4
Cesco44
Rookie

Italy
Cesco44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me Shedden, Neal, Jordan, Collard and Onslow-Cole will fight for victories in race 1 and two. For race three anything could happen.
However i think that rear wheel drive cars will be very strong at Brands so also Austin could be very dangerous.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 13:37 (Ref:3050845)   #5
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the works Hondas will be fighting with the Fords, and possibly the BMWs, for the first two races at least.

I can't see the MG's doing too well after such limited running time they've had.

I am really really looking forward to this weekend!
Old 30 Mar 2012, 16:05 (Ref:3050899)   #6
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco44 View Post
For me Shedden, Neal, Jordan, Collard and Onslow-Cole will fight for victories in race 1 and two. For race three anything could happen.
However i think that rear wheel drive cars will be very strong at Brands so also Austin could be very dangerous.
Welcome to the forum, Cesco. Good to see some more overseas interest for the BTCC.

Enjoy Brands.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 16:34 (Ref:3050910)   #7
tin-top fan
Rookie

England
tin-top fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really looking forward to the BTCC starting up again, see the cars are hitting the track this afternoon for a quick warm up. I'm even getting a hospitality and a grid walk on Sunday which'll be fun

The Hondas are apparantly not as quick as expected in testing, can't see that they wouldn't be up near the front though. I'd predict the following at the end of the weekend:

-Jackson
- Neal
- Newsham

A little off topic, but has anyone else seen the Pirtek racing hospitality suite this year: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...27053818_n.jpg
Talk about swish!
Old 30 Mar 2012, 18:28 (Ref:3050965)   #8
SteveLevin
Rookie

United States
near the Corkscrew!
SteveLevin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm looking forward to everything; hopefully the MG's won't be terribly off-song as otherwise I really suspect that it will end up being a Neal/Shedden battle to the end. Not that I'd be sad to see Flash finally win the title, but hopefully it's more than 2009 where it just wasn't clear until the last race how things would turn out.

Steve
Old 30 Mar 2012, 18:34 (Ref:3050968)   #9
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A little off topic, but has anyone else seen the Pirtek racing hospitality suite this year: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...27053818_n.jpg
Talk about swish![/QUOTE]

Very cool! I saw a Pirtek truck today and they just look so eye catching!
Old 30 Mar 2012, 21:57 (Ref:3051037)   #10
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
I'm looking forward to everything; hopefully the MG's won't be terribly off-song as otherwise I really suspect that it will end up being a Neal/Shedden battle to the end.
Don't discount Mat Jackson and Motorbase. He led the championship for a while last year, but scored quite a few DNF's towards the end of the season.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 22:00 (Ref:3051039)   #11
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dare I say it, but the MG looks a bit better now. https://twitter.com/#!/AndyNeate/sta.../photo/1/large
Old 30 Mar 2012, 22:31 (Ref:3051049)   #12
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Judging by the support race testing today, looks like we are in for some thin grids this year.
25 Clios
21 Porsches
17 Ginetta GTs
14 Ginetta Jrs
Old 31 Mar 2012, 00:23 (Ref:3051070)   #13
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
With the exception of the Juniors it's actually not that bad.

Wondering what happened in Ginetta Jr. though - new car more expensive than everybody thought?
Old 31 Mar 2012, 07:09 (Ref:3051121)   #14
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Everyone needs to cut costs including the support races. How would it have looked if the F Renault had also turned up with 12 cars? Ridiculous.

Races shouldn't even be green lighted with anything less than an 18 car grid in my humble opinion.

PS, The Clios look better than last year, I think last year they had a 15 car grid turning up to most rounds...?
Old 31 Mar 2012, 07:29 (Ref:3051124)   #15
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
#66 vectra was not popular last night at all. Dropped oil on the circuit 5 minutes in to the BTCC session and ended the days running but forced us to work later clearing up the mess and still the BTCC teams wanted us to extend the day!!!!!
Old 31 Mar 2012, 08:22 (Ref:3051135)   #16
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
How would it have looked if the F Renault had also turned up with 12 cars?
I don't think FR were even close to having as many as 12 cars this year!

In fairness the Clio grid does seem to be on the up compared to recent years. Both Ginetta classes could do with more entries, especially as we are bound to lose a few during the season.
Old 31 Mar 2012, 09:00 (Ref:3051150)   #17
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I don't think FR were even close to having as many as 12 cars this year!

In fairness the Clio grid does seem to be on the up compared to recent years. Both Ginetta classes could do with more entries, especially as we are bound to lose a few during the season.
Yep, I would rather there be two Clio races on the Sunday. They are nearly always the best races. Before that it was the Fiestas, they were amazing too, such a shame they no longer run, it was great seeing a 28 car field of those things piling into the first corner.
Old 31 Mar 2012, 11:49 (Ref:3051235)   #18
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Judging by the support race testing today, looks like we are in for some thin grids this year.
25 Clios
21 Porsches
17 Ginetta GTs
14 Ginetta Jrs
All in all, I don't think that is really all that bad.

Considering that the Ginetta junior is really a niche championship, and it doesn't surprise me. Let's face it - a form of racing targeting youngsters to progress in an unconventional championship...most youngsters aim for single seater championships, and not saloons like juniors.

Normally championships draw extra entries as the season progresses, so I don't see anything that disastrous really...

Anyway, Collard fastest in P1 followed by Austin and TOC. Hondas struggling with reliability still. Could be a good day tomorrow for RWD cars. Would be great to see Collard end his win drought.
Old 31 Mar 2012, 12:06 (Ref:3051242)   #19
Burp
Racer

United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
Burp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John Thorne's Insignia looks a mess after an off at Paddock

Old 31 Mar 2012, 12:27 (Ref:3051251)   #20
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I might be out of the loop a bit, where's the 2nd Audi?

And is the Fiat 500 championship still running? If not that might account for the larger Clio grid.
Old 31 Mar 2012, 12:35 (Ref:3051254)   #21
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristof14 View Post
I might be out of the loop a bit, where's the 2nd Audi?

And is the Fiat 500 championship still running? If not that might account for the larger Clio grid.
According to Austin, Hazell says he needs more time in the car before comitting to three races. Strange...
Old 31 Mar 2012, 12:40 (Ref:3051256)   #22
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
In other words he doesn't have the money...
Old 31 Mar 2012, 13:10 (Ref:3051265)   #23
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hope John Thorne can get that car fixed... really bad luck for this to happen first thing this weekend.
Old 31 Mar 2012, 13:12 (Ref:3051266)   #24
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Honda look out in P2 - but Shedden still struggles. Top 15 cars covered by just over 1 second.

http://www.tsl-timing.com/?loc=major...&tabletype=gif

Apparently Thorney don't have race insurance - doesn't look good for them being out for the rest of the weekend then...
Old 31 Mar 2012, 13:27 (Ref:3051268)   #25
Cesco44
Rookie

Italy
Cesco44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But where is the Hazell's Audi?