Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 1 Jul 2011, 15:03 (Ref:2909415)   #176
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Porsche LM1 in 2014!!!

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/26..._24_hours.html

Old 1 Jul 2011, 15:12 (Ref:2909423)   #177
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129049

Old 1 Jul 2011, 18:13 (Ref:2909530)   #178
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Oreca (assuming they don't hook up with anyone else) and a couple of GTE teams might have an argument about that, although Henri would be a great choice. Who knows what their plans are though.

With Porsche in and all the rumors about Toyota, Nissan, McLaren, and Viper coming to Le Mans in one form or another, it's starting to feel a bit like 1998 all over again. One has to wonder if BMW and Mercedes are still thinking that DTM is the magic elixir for the future.
Oreca is pretty committed with Peugeot so therefor i added the "free".
Otherwise would Oreca be a very good partner for Porsche.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 18:22 (Ref:2909539)   #179
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Oreca is pretty committed with Peugeot so therefor i added the "free".
Otherwise would Oreca be a very good partner for Porsche.
I'm sure Oreca would have no problem dumping their semi-works Peugeots if Porsche wanted them to run a factory LMP1 program for them. That would seem like a no-brainer unless there is some other conflicting business such as a partnership with Nissan (a hot rumor at the moment) or if Porsche had an issue with Oreca selling unrelated pure privateer LMP1/LMP2 chassis. I believe Oreca still has a relationship with Audi? Maybe not?
Old 1 Jul 2011, 18:28 (Ref:2909543)   #180
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Porsche AG run factory efforts, as they are doing now with the 911 hybrid.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 18:30 (Ref:2909546)   #181
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
I'm sure Oreca would have no problem dumping their semi-works Peugeots if Porsche wanted them to run a factory LMP1 program for them. That would seem like a no-brainer unless there is some other conflicting business such as a partnership with Nissan (a hot rumor at the moment) or if Porsche had an issue with Oreca selling unrelated pure privateer LMP1/LMP2 chassis. I believe Oreca still has a relationship with Audi? Maybe not?
I think your underestimating the Peugeot Oreca relations.
Oreca has been close to running a Peugeot Engine in their own chassis. Something i believe Oreca would want more than being "a slave" for a manufacture. (a slave in the sense that they are not free to run the team as they like)
Old 1 Jul 2011, 18:43 (Ref:2909557)   #182
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Oreca has been close to running a Peugeot Engine in their own chassis. Something i believe Oreca would want more than being "a slave" for a manufacture. (a slave in the sense that they are not free to run the team as they like)
If the choice is between ORECA paying for a Peugeot engine supply, and new chassis, or Nissan footing the bill, they'll go with Nissan.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 18:49 (Ref:2909562)   #183
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Porsche AG run factory efforts, as they are doing now with the 911 hybrid.
Probably, but who knows if they will look at an existing team to help them out. Didn't FLM help Porsche run the 911 Hybrid at Petit last year or am I thinking of something different?

Quote:
Maybe, but Oreca has done factory programs (quite successfully) for Mazda and Chrysler. Of course, all of this may be silly talk if Oreca forges a relationship with Nissan, but it's hard to say what exactly is going to happen there if anything. Maybe they want to go for the win with their own chassis. That would certainly help sales! But I think you have to answer the door if Porsche comes knocking with an LMP1.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 19:45 (Ref:2909581)   #184
JAG
Veteran

England
Don't know if it's been posted.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92760
Old 1 Jul 2011, 20:12 (Ref:2909588)   #185
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
BobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dreaming of Porsche's return to Le Mans. I just might have to go back for that.

Old 2 Jul 2011, 00:04 (Ref:2909660)   #186
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobHWS View Post
Dreaming of Porsche's return to Le Mans. I just might have to go back for that.

Wow, 917s.
Old 2 Jul 2011, 07:09 (Ref:2909735)   #187
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
What name will the car get?
Because when you look at Porsches Le Mans naming history it doesn't seem to make much sence!?
Old 2 Jul 2011, 08:02 (Ref:2909743)   #188
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Here are some suggestions:
919 - 918 is taken and 916 is supposedly reserved for the upcoming mid-engined F458 competitor.
963 - By 2014 it will be 63 years since Porsche first raced at Le Mans.
LM1 Hybrid - Self explanatory
Old 2 Jul 2011, 08:10 (Ref:2910486)   #189
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Here are some suggestions:
919 - 918 is taken and 916 is supposedly reserved for the upcoming mid-engined F458 competitor.
963 - By 2014 it will be 63 years since Porsche first raced at Le Mans.
LM1 Hybrid - Self explanatory
What is the history behind the name of 936, 956 and 962?
Old 2 Jul 2011, 08:33 (Ref:2913747)   #190
Dunlop Corner
Racer

Dunlop Corner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
930 was the name of the 911 Turbo. So the Group 4 version was called 934 and the silhoutte Group 5 car was named 935. The Group 6 car then got the name 936.
Old 2 Jul 2011, 08:45 (Ref:2913806)   #191
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Porsche tends to use internal project codes
The 936 name came from using a variant of the Porsche 930's turbocharged engine, as well as competing in Group 6 racing.
I am not sure the reason behind the 956 and the 962.
Old 2 Jul 2011, 09:06 (Ref:2913814)   #192
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
9 Months
5 Men
6 Cylinders

At least that's the legend...
Old 2 Jul 2011, 09:13 (Ref:2913818)   #193
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
911GT1-98 didnt follow a trend , with the GT1-98 bit ..... they could call it the 99?GT1-14 .
Old 2 Jul 2011, 09:14 (Ref:2913819)   #194
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
9 months
6 men
2 cylinders

Hmm...maybe not.
Old 2 Jul 2011, 09:24 (Ref:2913825)   #195
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It might be known as something similar internally but publicly I don't think they will give it a 9-- name. It's a good job they were only ever 3 digits or else I'm sure I'd be able to guess a lot of member's pin numbers!
Old 2 Jul 2011, 10:47 (Ref:2913843)   #196
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I never saw a thread with so many posts within 2 days !

The return of Porsche woul be fantactic for endurance fans.
Old 2 Jul 2011, 10:48 (Ref:2913844)   #197
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It seems to be that the suggestion is that Porsche get the personel from Pescarolo, steel the backing from Aston Martin and nick some of the drivers from Audi.

I think Porsche will want to do some of it themselves
Old 2 Jul 2011, 11:55 (Ref:2913871)   #198
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I don;t think Porsche wants anything to do with Pescarolo.....

I think Porsche is doing it themselves because they don't want any secrets leaked out about the car and its technical bits.
Old 2 Jul 2011, 12:27 (Ref:2913886)   #199
jaguarista
Racer

Italy
Bari
jaguarista should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm happy for the return of Porsche, but I dream the official Jaguar returns at Le Mans in LMP1 class!!!!
www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/jagxjr12_silk3_01.jpg
Old 2 Jul 2011, 12:46 (Ref:2913897)   #200
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jaguar could be a future Garage 56 entry with a turbine powered LMP?