Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 May 2009, 08:14 (Ref:2463298)   #1
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spa 6hr 2009.

It is now the middle of May,the race is over-subscribed,so who's doing it,with what car, number etc.
My entry was confirmed last September as No9,MGB?
Old 16 May 2009, 08:46 (Ref:2463314)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
It is now the middle of May,the race is over-subscribed
That's excellent news, it seems the doom mongerers have been proved wrong again.
Old 16 May 2009, 09:05 (Ref:2463325)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It is now the middle of May,the race is over-subscribed,so who's doing it,with what car, number etc.
My entry was confirmed last September as No9,MGB?
bugger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob View Post
That's excellent news, it seems the doom mongerers have been proved wrong again.
It will be interesting to see what cars do make it, in terms of the values etc. Will there be a higher percentage of the lesser valued cars or will there be the same mix?
Old 16 May 2009, 09:30 (Ref:2463334)   #4
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently it is a very similar mixture to most years,perhaps not quite as many V8s? We'll have to wait and see.
Very good chance the entry fee will remain pretty close to or the same as last year.I know that some of the support race entry fee's have not allegedly changed.
Old 16 May 2009, 09:45 (Ref:2463337)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The entry form says the same as last year.
Old 16 May 2009, 10:11 (Ref:2463347)   #6
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Exactly,that means it's unchanged in three years now.

Explaination as to Bugger! in earlier post?
Old 16 May 2009, 10:51 (Ref:2463355)   #7
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am entered with Joe Twyman in the Bizzarrini. Hoping for a better 6 Hours in 2009 than last year! Not sure of the car number.

Entry list is here:

http://www.redwateruk.com/entrylist.html

Not sure about less V8s. At this point there are 26 V8s entered from my rough count!

Perhaps it is not the full list of entries (it says 14 May though) but doesn't seem like an oversubscribed grid.
Old 16 May 2009, 10:53 (Ref:2463359)   #8
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
81 in the main 6 Hours and 7 in the trophy. I thought they can start over 100?
Old 16 May 2009, 11:22 (Ref:2463368)   #9
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Can't see the Terry and Peter show in the entry list?
Does the 1991 with the 911's refer to the year their engines were built?
Few doggy E Types.Should check widths and weights
Look alike GT 40's included

Don't remember anyone being a doom merchant about 6 Hrs.When was that ? If Six Hrs in trouble the whole thing about Historic Racing will be knackered
Old 16 May 2009, 18:12 (Ref:2463558)   #10
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I certainly hope you have a better weekend than last year, Roger!

There's a date clash that weekend with Reims but I think on balance Spa will get my vote.
Old 16 May 2009, 18:51 (Ref:2463572)   #11
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I certainly hope you have a better weekend than last year, Roger!

There's a date clash that weekend with Reims but I think on balance Spa will get my vote.
And Nurburgring again.And we have a car at Monza. Anyone got a helicopter
Old 16 May 2009, 19:48 (Ref:2463604)   #12
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Can't see the Terry and Peter show in the entry list?
Does the 1991 with the 911's refer to the year their engines were built?
Few doggy E Types.Should check widths and weights
Look alike GT 40's included

Don't remember anyone being a doom merchant about 6 Hrs.When was that ? If Six Hrs in trouble the whole thing about Historic Racing will be knackered
John, are you related to Al Weyman by any chance?
Old 16 May 2009, 20:15 (Ref:2463620)   #13
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife

As for my entry,dont worry,its all in place/arranged. GTS 11 look's sewn up though,IF the Marcos turn's up this year.
There's a certain TR4 that should provide some fun though.

Tim,dont forget your room's are already booked.
Old 16 May 2009, 20:23 (Ref:2463624)   #14
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:

Tim,dont forget your room's are already booked.
July or September?
Old 16 May 2009, 20:29 (Ref:2463630)   #15
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
July or September?

Both.
Old 17 May 2009, 06:53 (Ref:2463784)   #16
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
You will have to explain question about Al as don't know him other than he has something to do with V8's.
Old 17 May 2009, 19:14 (Ref:2464091)   #17
Dinkel
Racer

Netherlands
Leusden
Dinkel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers guys, hoping for Indian Summer and good spirit again.

Bloody hope to shake a few more new hands. Last Spa6 I saw the cars, asked for the drivers but all were off to the bar obviously

No presssticker has arrived yet . . .

I met Johnny Tipler last month - did a photoshoot on the Exige 260 - and I pursue him to do a Spa6 piece.

The Bizza gets my vote for PH pic of the week:
http://www.pistonheads.com/xforums/t...%20Week:%20Spa

Terry: I'm buying an extra memorycard just in case
Old 17 May 2009, 19:21 (Ref:2464093)   #18
PBE
Rookie

PBE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been told I'm in with Peter Bradfield in his Mustang. 3rd driver TBA. The 6hrs must be one of the great events of the year - I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 17 May 2009, 19:51 (Ref:2464107)   #19
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinkel View Post
Cheers guys, hoping for Indian Summer and good spirit again.

Bloody hope to shake a few more new hands. Last Spa6 I saw the cars, asked for the drivers but all were off to the bar obviously

No presssticker has arrived yet . . .

I met Johnny Tipler last month - did a photoshoot on the Exige 260 - and I pursue him to do a Spa6 piece.

The Bizza gets my vote for PH pic of the week:
http://www.pistonheads.com/xforums/t...%20Week:%20Spa

Terry: I'm buying an extra memorycard just in case
Hmmmm! Do you want me to go half with you Dink?
Old 17 May 2009, 20:40 (Ref:2464138)   #20
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Patch,Only you and Peter shown as drivers in the Cavalier Disregard for cost Yank Tank.Anyway you would be No 1.
Old 18 May 2009, 13:31 (Ref:2464543)   #21
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
You will have to explain question about Al as don't know him other than he has something to do with V8's.
Depressing, negative, and general all round grump are just a few descriptions of him that spring to mind.
Old 18 May 2009, 14:53 (Ref:2464592)   #22
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But just to keep the balance; he's very positive about the CTCRC and Camaros.
Old 27 May 2009, 16:26 (Ref:2470317)   #23
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Judging by the Euro slide today,I wonder if we'll all be happier going to Spa this year.Interesting to see if this is the start of the forcast "Euro Crash".
What are the chances of the entry fee only costing a thousand euro for the six hour for us island monkeys to enter.?????
Old 27 May 2009, 17:10 (Ref:2470343)   #24
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Depressing, negative, and general all round grump are just a few descriptions of him that spring to mind.
Well all I can say Tim is just as well you are a moderator or someone would pull that post like you often do as you have no right to put up a derogatory post about a member and I feel its totally uncalled for especially as up to this stage I had not even contributed to the thread or even intended to as I know sod all about Spa. I think an apology is in order.
Old 27 May 2009, 18:10 (Ref:2470387)   #25
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Well all I can say Tim is just as well you are a moderator or someone would pull that post like you often do as you have no right to put up a derogatory post about a member and I feel its totally uncalled for especially as up to this stage I had not even contributed to the thread or even intended to as I know sod all about Spa. I think an apology is in order.
If you can't take a bit of friendly ribbing then please accept my sincerest apologies. Please also see my PM to you concerning pulling derogatory posts.