Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 Apr 2013, 11:38 (Ref:3238844)   #1
Anon2013
Rookie

Anon2013 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First Chinese Team at Le Mans

http://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/20...rs-of-le-mans/

I think this is quite a landmark moment for Asian racing - they have also just announced Ho-Pin Tung, former F1 reserve driver as their final driver alongside Imperatori and Matt Howson. How do you think they will go at Le Mans? I followed their progress at Silverstone and they were leading the race at one point on their debut before I think they had a small fire and lost time in the pits. Not a bad effort I think.

It will be interesting to see how they get on in their first Le Mans event!
Old 24 Apr 2013, 12:24 (Ref:3238860)   #2
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They looked to be a solid outfit at Silverstone. Hopefully Ho Ping Tung will strengthen the team and they can have a good run. Seems like they are running a proven package so good luck to them!
Old 24 Apr 2013, 12:52 (Ref:3238872)   #3
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Slightly surprised that they're not running at Spa - would have thought that they'd have a vested interest in getting as many racing miles under their belt before June, and wouldn't have thought they'd have had much difficulty getting an entry, especially given the revisions to the AsLMS calendar.

Otherwise a welcome and serious looking effort who seem to be taking the right approach to promoting themselves and drumming up support.
Old 24 Apr 2013, 19:50 (Ref:3239003)   #4
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Great news ..... hope it brings a few more too . I think you will see a few more Chinese teams in the next few years .
Old 24 Apr 2013, 20:21 (Ref:3239018)   #5
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The WEC is a very accessible series. It's relatively easy and not prohibitively expensive to buy a proven chassis/engine combination and race around the globe in one of the fastest global motorsport series after F1. So yes, I agree...watch this space regarding Chinese teams. Not a massive fan of some of these circuit myself but I think WEC should also visit India, there's bags of potential there as well.

As for KCMG, I was very impressed with their debut and I expect a solid season for them after what I saw. I think the current LMP2 formula is working very well - it's good to see a new team from an unfashionable nation be competitive straight out of the box.
Old 24 Apr 2013, 21:20 (Ref:3239048)   #6
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Was that KCMG/Morgan not run by Oak then ?
Old 25 Apr 2013, 11:00 (Ref:3239236)   #7
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good luck to them!
And good for Tung for getting the drive.
Anyone know what Jim Ka To's laptimes were like compared to Imperatori and Howson at Silverstone?