3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7 Jul 2013, 20:21 (Ref:3275014)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Race - German GP

Rate the race
Old 7 Jul 2013, 20:36 (Ref:3275026)   #2
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Only based on the BBC highlights, but we actually seemed to have a race on our hands ....well several, really. On TV the SC didn't really seem justified, although seeing an empty car roll across the track was a bit scary!

Gave it an 8 for the intrigue caused by the differing tyre strategies. Might have been higher if I hadn't inadvertently heard who'd won from the radio news
Old 7 Jul 2013, 20:37 (Ref:3275027)   #3
Catingaround
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Catingaround should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
solid 8, imo best race of the season so far.

that was a tense rundown at the end, loved it.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 20:49 (Ref:3275044)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very dull indeed for me. Snored far too much......

Shame Kimi didn't make it.......

Old 7 Jul 2013, 21:06 (Ref:3275062)   #5
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Loved the start and was on the edge of my seat at the end with nothing major to whinge about Pirelli this week, 7.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 21:29 (Ref:3275078)   #6
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Liked it a lot. 8

That white smoke with the Marussia on fire and the bouncing wheel gave the race a bit of an "old times" feeling (I hope we get some engine drama next year). And both tyres degradation and DRS zone lenght seemed quite balanced, with different strategies working well.
Add a good clean start, a close finish with no less than three cars closing the gap to the leader and a driver winning his home race and it's good to go.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 21:49 (Ref:3275083)   #7
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsTrecu View Post
Liked it a lot. 8

That white smoke with the Marussia on fire and the bouncing wheel gave the race a bit of an "old times" feeling (I hope we get some engine drama next year). And both tyres degradation and DRS zone lenght seemed quite balanced, with different strategies working well.
Add a good clean start, a close finish with no less than three cars closing the gap to the leader and a driver winning his home race and it's good to go.

You just want drama don't you...
Old 7 Jul 2013, 22:30 (Ref:3275097)   #8
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Please don't misunderstand me I didn't like the cameraman getting knocked down, it was a bit of a safety issue that thankfully are not that common anymore. I don't like accidents or people being injured.
But as for the engines, yes, right now they are so perfect and so developped, and so reliable, it's not fun anymore
Old 7 Jul 2013, 23:06 (Ref:3275112)   #9
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Proper 8

Coverage was a bit sketchy, I thought (not BBC commentary, but F1 Feed)
Old 7 Jul 2013, 23:21 (Ref:3275123)   #10
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsTrecu View Post
Please don't misunderstand me I didn't like the cameraman getting knocked down, it was a bit of a safety issue that thankfully are not that common anymore. I don't like accidents or people being injured.
But as for the engines, yes, right now they are so perfect and so developped, and so reliable, it's not fun anymore
Okay then, working in the pitlane is dangerous. Can you imagine what it feels like to be hit by a wheel, so your body would tell you..Two broken ribs and a broken collarbone Ochh...
Old 7 Jul 2013, 23:23 (Ref:3275126)   #11
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Solid 8 - in some respects almost a 9. Having four cars on different tyre strategies closing in on each other 10 laps from the end was great - fizzled out a bit after that but there was plenty of tension and excitement through the race, for sure.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 02:21 (Ref:3275171)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
7 for me.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 02:37 (Ref:3275178)   #13
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with the engine drama. I was just thinking earlier before the race that we haven't seen the old engine blowouts with the white smoke and the oil on the track for a long long time. I can't really remember the last time. It was cool to see again and it seemed like the norm not all that long ago.

Anyway, I gave it an 8 because there was excitement throughout the race. Can you imagine if that Marussia rolled into traffic? That was quite the sight to see. The drama in the pit lane was pretty scary...it could have been worse. I can only imagine what went through wheel nut guy's head when the car suddenly took off on him. Close racing with some drama is a recipe for a good race.

Too bad Vettel had to build up more of a gap. That gap is getting a bit too wide now.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 05:18 (Ref:3275206)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
not a great race and after the silverstone fun it felt as if it lacked something only a 4 from me
Old 8 Jul 2013, 06:36 (Ref:3275231)   #15
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
7 for me pretty respectable race - way better than the Silverstone charade!

Thankfully the cameraman escaped serious injury and the Marussia did not hit anything!
Old 8 Jul 2013, 08:14 (Ref:3275272)   #16
jsTrecu
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Okay then, working in the pitlane is dangerous. Can you imagine what it feels like to be hit by a wheel, so your body would tell you..Two broken ribs and a broken collarbone Ochh...
TBH it always bugs that there is so many people on the pitlane walking freely. I know everyone have a job to do there but at times it seems too crowded.
Sky talked about everybody wearing helmets or something while being there including FOM workers, I appreciate the idea it's required in my opinion.
Not the proper thread to talk about this issues, but I hope the FIA do a little something after what happened yesterday.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 08:14 (Ref:3275273)   #17
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
7 from me. Good race, but I'm not a huge fan of this track.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 08:21 (Ref:3275276)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nor me, I confess.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 08:55 (Ref:3275288)   #19
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
NPP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
solid race overall. Were the highlights shorter than usual?
Old 8 Jul 2013, 10:42 (Ref:3275322)   #20
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
8 from me. Had me glued to the TV from start to finish. The escaping wheel and the backwards-against-the-traffic-with-nobody-in-it Marussia did no good for my blood pressure, mind you.

The family came running in to see what I was going "No, no, NO!" at on both occasions
Old 8 Jul 2013, 11:03 (Ref:3275331)   #21
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can't say it was the most exciting race of the season and it was down more to tyre strategy than anything else and that caution period was way overly long. I think Lotus made a mistake with Kimi's tyre call. 5.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 11:46 (Ref:3275354)   #22
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
8. Liked it a lot. No tyre woes, except for the one that tried to escape captivity in the pit lane.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 16:11 (Ref:3275430)   #23
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm, a bit of a dull affair. I gave it a 5. I think the problem was for a long time that Vettel just went away with the lead. There was some action further down the field, but it didn't excite me much. The final laps some what made up for it. I think that there were perhaps too many pitstops in this race. Not a fan of the track either.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 19:03 (Ref:3275530)   #24
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
7 for me. some really good battles that lasted for a whole lap as opposed to just over the course of a few corners.

although i would have voted the race higher if Lotus had a fresh set of softs for their final stint.

also big nod to the race directer and the camera placements. lots of really good close ups and i really liked the side camera they had on Webber's car which produced a really cool shot of the start.

also played an F1 drinking game where you have to take a drink every time the commentator mentions the word 'tire' so that made things a bit more fun.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 19:58 (Ref:3275556)   #25
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
6 reduced to a 4 for safety cars completely randomising the result (again).