Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Jul 2013, 06:34 (Ref:3281734)   #51
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Backflip!

http://www.pitpass.com/49558-FIA-relaxes-pitlane-rules

New pitlane rules overturned before they are implemented.
Old 26 Jul 2013, 13:44 (Ref:3281857)   #52
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The drivers are against pit stop changes, though Button thinks bringing back re-fueling might be the answer.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/108963
Old 26 Jul 2013, 14:06 (Ref:3281861)   #53
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
The drivers are against pit stop changes, though Button thinks bringing back re-fueling might be the answer.
I thought we'd left the 'sprint - stop - sprint - stop - sprint' era well behind us, not to mention pit stop fires?!! So, not content with hitting cameramen with wheels and tyres we also want to subject them to fire?!! In it's favour, it won't take too much understanding of what is happening to know on which lap most of the cars will be stopping.

Alonso - ever the voice of reason.

"We all try to find the limit in pitstops," he said. "If they find a solution to increase the pitstop time to improve safety, and it is the same for all the teams, I think no one will disagree."

I hope that they can come up with a solution before F1 completely falls apart.
Old 26 Jul 2013, 14:22 (Ref:3281868)   #54
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
well, when you put it in that context, really they have far bigger fish to fry than sorting out some pitstops
Old 26 Jul 2013, 16:32 (Ref:3281910)   #55
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
They should just eliminate pit stops all together. One set of tyres for the whole race.
Old 26 Jul 2013, 23:05 (Ref:3282030)   #56
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
They should just eliminate pit stops all together. One set of tyres for the whole race.
And then the whinging will begin about the processional racing, but would make Saturdays more interesting.
Old 26 Jul 2013, 23:46 (Ref:3282041)   #57
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I do hope that is some serious sarcasm.
Old 27 Jul 2013, 01:20 (Ref:3282080)   #58
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
That is some very serious sarcasm.
Old 27 Jul 2013, 07:38 (Ref:3282167)   #59
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You'd think I'd be able to tell.
Old 27 Jul 2013, 08:32 (Ref:3282183)   #60
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
And then the whinging will begin about the processional racing, but would make Saturdays more interesting.
I don't see what adding more pit stops to the racing adds to the spectacle apart from having more pit stops. Its not like these tyres have turned F1 into Formula Ford in terms of racing quality.
Old 27 Jul 2013, 12:36 (Ref:3282244)   #61
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Quote:
That is some very serious sarcasm.
Quote:
You'd think I'd be able to tell.
It's serious anyway then !