Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 9 Jun 2014, 23:09 (Ref:3417879)   #76
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Raceway Africa:
On the whole I like Z shaped circuits. There are two issues that I see looking at this one, firstly the long left handers, there is one at the bottom and then 3 or 4 around the outside of the top of the Z. Those would be real neck killers for drivers of F1 cars and probably tyre killers on a motorbike. One or two on a long lap is fine but I'd say you need to break up that top sequence a bit.
The second thing is the pit entry is rather exposed. Anyone off line on the final corner coming off the full Z, is heading straight for the pits or end of the pit wall.

Rennestrecke:
The pit entry and pit exit I'd place before and after the last and first corners respectively, it makes a smoother entry, and takes the exit away from the T1 braking zone.
The only other slight issue I have is T2 into T3, and a possibility especially on lap 1 that 2 cars side by side nudge on the outside of T2 with outer sent across the grass missing the T3 apex straight back onto the circuit at 90 degree to direction of racing.

Eagle Valley:
I tend to have a rule of thumb that the pitlane and pitlane exit should be on the inside of the T1 unless there is something about T2 which means it it isn't safe.

As such I'd flip the pitlane over to the outside. The pit entry would then be before the final corner and the pit exit just after T1 safely on the inside.

Like MidWest Motorsports park, I'd seriously consider reversing the direction. What I've said about the pitlane still holds. The only corner that would need changing slightly would be the top left, which wouldn't be too difficult.

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 9 Jun 2014 at 23:30.
Old 10 Jun 2014, 22:25 (Ref:3418351)   #77
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Viperion101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Circuit Macedonia

A 3.13-mile, Counterclockwise track located somewhere in Macedonia, probably Skopje. Could be used for Formula One, however, I don't think that Formula One would want to race in Macedonia. Another use would be Touring Cars.
Attached Thumbnails
Macedonia_1.jpg   Macedonia_2.jpg   Macedonia_3.jpg  

Old 11 Jun 2014, 14:21 (Ref:3418598)   #78
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well what can I say!

This kid is on fire! He's cranking out tracks like there's no tomorrow, we finally got someone with enough spare time and a fertile imagination. Most of the tracks are good, some of them are a bit of an improvisation and some of them are awesome works of art,I see a full range of possibilities and I like that.

The one constructive criticism I must include is that the gravel traps are weird and sometimes don't do any sense at all to me, you will put a huge gravel trap running in a direction where you hardly will be going at any speed at all and then the next 4th gear sweeper runs almost into a wall in the section where the most danger is, that would be my main criticism, second some tracks hardly have overtaking spots and situations where you will force some kind of action, they are just a bunch of curves connected together but they don't tell a story, fortunately those are the very least of them.

I see a lot of my own thinking in some of your tracks (of course those are the ones I like :P ) I even see some ones reminding me of my own proyects ( I like) , on the overall I think you are a much needed infusion of vitality to this forum and you are so young and fresh I can only see you will get better and better all the time, you're kind of a Mark Marquez of track design, storming the place with massive amount of raw talent, when you refine those little details you're certainly a force in this forum.(you already are)
Old 11 Jun 2014, 14:41 (Ref:3418619)   #79
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A good way to calculate a gravel trap is by doing it as a function of speed, the speed is a function of how long you have to accelerate and always assume the worst case scenario, say it's raining and you totally lost it even before starting the braking, or think about two motorcycles touching each other at the worst moment, one of them will make the turn the other one will be sent to the gravel trap at full or almost full speed, so you reserve 10%-20% of the total distance for run off(my rule of the thumb) so if main straight is 1000mt (you can top out any vehicle) you will need at least 100mt of straight run off( P.I. has 200 at T1 due to the speed of approach)
That said, you don't really need to have the full 100m circling around the turn but you taper it off as the curve straightens up but maintaining a good amount to allow pilots to resolve any problem happening at the exit phase. Take a look at Quatar, Valencia, Brno, Mugello and all the GP tracks and you will see perfectly executed gravel traps.
Old 13 Jun 2014, 15:00 (Ref:3419950)   #80
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Mid-Missouri Motorsports Park

A 2.61-Mile, clockwise track located in Jefferson City, Missouri. Could be used for NASCAR, but primary use would probably be just local series, and open track days.
Attached Thumbnails
MidMissouri_1.jpg   MidMissouri_2.jpg   MidMissouri_3.jpg  

MidMissouri_4.jpg  
Old 15 Jun 2014, 14:15 (Ref:3422050)   #81
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Autodromo Nazionale del Brescia

A 3.01-mile track located in Brescia, Italy, with a 2.11-mile outer circuit (blue circuit).

Some Made-Up History:
Years ago, plans for a track were drawn up, and the location was decided for northern Italy. The circuit was eventually built in Brescia, the turn-around point for the famous race, the Mille Miglia. In its glory days, It held Formula One and Touring Car races, as well as other local series. However, a few years later, the circuit lost the Formula One and Touring Car races, and the owner gave up on the track, as he was unable to keep up with the financial commitment to the track, as well as maintain it. The circuit fell into disrepair, until in the early 2000's, a racing tycoon bought the track and fixed it up, as well as built the 3.01-mile grand prix circuit.
Attached Thumbnails
ANDB_1.jpg   ANDB_2.jpg   ANDB_3.jpg  

ANDB_4.jpg  
Old 28 Jun 2014, 13:23 (Ref:3427469)   #82
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Autodromo Porto Alegre

A 3.32-mile, Counterclockwise circuit located in Porto Alegre, which is in southern Brazil. The track could be used for Formula One, and for Touring Cars, especially Turismo Carerra.
Attached Thumbnails
PortoAlegre_1.jpg   PortoAlegre_2.jpg   PortoAlegre_3.jpg  

Old 28 Jun 2014, 20:59 (Ref:3427629)   #83
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
one suggestion regarding the Paul Recard striped runoff... please use a shade of grey rather than the track back.

The section on the right hand side of the top view/foreground of image 2 I struggle to follow the track
Old 30 Jun 2014, 21:12 (Ref:3428743)   #84
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
SKG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
one suggestion regarding the Paul Recard striped runoff... please use a shade of grey rather than the track back.

The section on the right hand side of the top view/foreground of image 2 I struggle to follow the track
Agreed.

Also, I'm still confused over some of these runoffs. Some are far too big, some too small, some aren't even needed! These circuits all show great progression in the right direction, but the runoff situation still needs work. #constructive
Old 2 Jul 2014, 13:03 (Ref:3429482)   #85
alast1106
Rookie

alast1106 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello.

I really like the different designs that I have seen here. During boring classes in high school I used to doodle track designs until my mother found them and convinced me that it's not a constructive use of my time. I enjoyed it, though.

In past tracks, you used a lot of fast sweepers. I don't mind them really, because I used to use quite a few myself. I think it would be great if the designs included some sort of elevation, like what Beetle has done. He has quite a few racing threads. Feel free to have a look.
Old 10 Feb 2015, 04:05 (Ref:3503513)   #86
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
A Completely Random Track-So Far

So I was thinking a little bit ago that the Americas have no equivalent of Nurburgring, Le Mans, or Mt. Panorama. I came up with this track today because I was bored during school. I have no idea where it would be, except that it would be somewhere in the United States. No clue about length (it'd be pretty long though, hopefully about 7-10 miles for the full outer course), or elevation change, that's why there are no gravel traps. I feel like it has a lot of aspects of old circuit design, before a certain someone *cough* Hermann Tilke *cough cough* came and made them slower and tighter. The track would be able to host all racing series, from club to Formula One. There are many different configurations, feel free to count them. I am open to suggestions about any of the stuff I said above. Hopefully I will have a Google Earth view or a Sketchup model soon.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0356[1].jpg   IMG_0361[1].jpg   IMG_0359[1].jpg  

Old 10 Feb 2015, 04:11 (Ref:3503515)   #87
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Car Drawings

Does anyone know of any other forum or category on this one where I could put some sketches of cars I have designed? The make name is Stratospeed. There names are in this order: Draco, Rigel, Vulcan, Panther, Viperion, and Onyx.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0362[1].jpg   IMG_0363[1].jpg   IMG_0364[1].jpg  

IMG_0365[1].jpg   IMG_0366[1].jpg   IMG_0367[1].jpg  

Old 15 Feb 2015, 16:21 (Ref:3505177)   #88
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperion101 View Post
So I was thinking a little bit ago that the Americas have no equivalent of Nurburgring, Le Mans, or Mt. Panorama. I came up with this track today because I was bored during school. I have no idea where it would be, except that it would be somewhere in the United States. No clue about length (it'd be pretty long though, hopefully about 7-10 miles for the full outer course), or elevation change, that's why there are no gravel traps. I feel like it has a lot of aspects of old circuit design, before a certain someone *cough* Hermann Tilke *cough cough* came and made them slower and tighter. The track would be able to host all racing series, from club to Formula One. There are many different configurations, feel free to count them. I am open to suggestions about any of the stuff I said above. Hopefully I will have a Google Earth view or a Sketchup model soon.
I like it! This needs to be sketchupped, I feel.....
Old 10 Jul 2015, 18:27 (Ref:3557374)   #89
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Spartanburg County Carolina International Circuit

Alright...at long last, the racetrack from the sketch 2 posts ago is SketchUp-ped. It's called Spartanburg County Carolina International Circuit. The track could be used for just about any racing series, from local club series to Formula One, Le Mans, and NASCAR. It could also be used for testing by car manufacturers or the many other racing teams in the area. I know that the location (just south of Spartanburg, SC) is a bit cliche since there are so many other tracks around. However, if the track were to be real, it would be good to have a truly international circuit in America's racing capital. For the track maps, north is down.

Lenghts:
Full Outer: 7.32 mi
North Main: 3.69 mi
Mid-North: 1.51 mi
Northernmost: 2.75 mi
South Main: 3.84 mi (3.85 mi w/Chicane)
Mid-South: 2.66 mi
Attached Thumbnails
Carolina Image HD.jpg   Carolina1.png   Carolina2.png  

Carolina3.png   Carolina10.png   Carolina6.jpg  

Old 10 Jul 2015, 18:29 (Ref:3557375)   #90
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Carolina Cont.

Some more pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Carolina4.png   Carolina5.png   Carolina7.png  

Carolina8.png   Carolina9.png   Carolina11.png  

Old 13 Jul 2015, 20:41 (Ref:3558316)   #91
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Circuit Strasbourg

Circuit Strasbourg is a 3.01-mile clockwise circuit (2.65 mi. for the shortened version) located in the city of Strasbourg, a few miles west of the border with Germany. The circuit could be used for all types of racing series, but the main purpose would be for Formula One. I think it would be a great place for the European Grand Prix (better than some others...Baku, Valencia), and would give the event some permanency. The first half of the track would be fairly fast, but then after turn 12 becomes very tight and technical.
Attached Thumbnails
Strasburg Image.jpg   Strasburg2.png   Strasburg3.png  

Strasburg4.png   Strasburg5.png   Strasburg1.png  

Old 13 Jul 2015, 22:12 (Ref:3558336)   #92
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can see the race start including a car getting forced off in T1 and rejoining in T2 sideways.

But why the Euro GP (besides of course the EU Parliament being there) and not the French GP?
Old 13 Jul 2015, 23:21 (Ref:3558347)   #93
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
I think calling it a European GP would be very smart, the city of Strasbourg has had the French/German border move backwards and forwards to the East and West of it several times in History.

I looks a remarkably simple circuit, but then when you start to look more closely, it would really be a tester to set up for with the 3 "straights" but there is plenty of twisty as well.

Of the circuit itself, I like the opening sequence. I feel there is a tip of the hat towards Lemans there, likewise whether meant or not the entry onto the Paddock straight is a little Bahrain..again not a bad thing.
A slight concern about the final sequence with the left and right kinks before the final corner. Rather than bringing the gravel all the way in on the left Kink, that should have perhaps be a grass border with tarmac and speed bumps.

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 14 Jul 2015 at 11:17.
Old 14 Jul 2015, 00:58 (Ref:3558359)   #94
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
I can see the race start including a car getting forced off in T1 and rejoining in T2 sideways.

But why the Euro GP (besides of course the EU Parliament being there) and not the French GP?
Because...any way to keep it out of Baku . And because they (Bernie) have no real plans to put a French GP back on the calendar.
Old 15 Jul 2015, 15:11 (Ref:3558773)   #95
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
Hey, great effort on these last two. I like the details in the models, nice renders too! (maybe I should look into this...)

Regarding Circuit Strasbourg:

I like the flow of the track and wouldn't want to change any corners, however there are a few areas where runoff could be extended.

Firstly, I feel there should be a little more space at the exit of turn 2. Maybe open up the angle slightly where the barrier points back at the track, perhaps with the runoff ending at the apex of turn 3?

Next, the barrier on the outside of the shortcut back onto the pit straight scares me. Maybe the runoff from the main circuit could stretch across and increase safety on the shortcut too?

I agree with SBF that there could be a little more space around the final sequence, with the addition of a small runoff at the exit of the final corner.

Finally, I think the pit exit is just too close to the first corner. I would either move the pit complex 100-150m back and make the pit entry just after where the shortcut joins the main straight (this would give more time and space to cars exiting pit lane to rejoin safely), or alternatively I would blend the pit exit back onto the race track between turns 1 and 2... somehow.

This things are all minor, Looking forward to seeing what's next.
Old 16 Jul 2015, 00:50 (Ref:3558867)   #96
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG View Post
Hey, great effort on these last two. I like the details in the models, nice renders too! (maybe I should look into this...)

Regarding Circuit Strasbourg:

I like the flow of the track and wouldn't want to change any corners, however there are a few areas where runoff could be extended.

Firstly, I feel there should be a little more space at the exit of turn 2. Maybe open up the angle slightly where the barrier points back at the track, perhaps with the runoff ending at the apex of turn 3?

Next, the barrier on the outside of the shortcut back onto the pit straight scares me. Maybe the runoff from the main circuit could stretch across and increase safety on the shortcut too?

I agree with SBF that there could be a little more space around the final sequence, with the addition of a small runoff at the exit of the final corner.

Finally, I think the pit exit is just too close to the first corner. I would either move the pit complex 100-150m back and make the pit entry just after where the shortcut joins the main straight (this would give more time and space to cars exiting pit lane to rejoin safely), or alternatively I would blend the pit exit back onto the race track between turns 1 and 2... somehow.

This things are all minor, Looking forward to seeing what's next.
http://www.indigorenderer.com/sketchup/ Download Indigo Renderer RT for SketchUp. It will say it only lets you use it for a 30-day trial, but I've been using it since December, and it's still free for me.
Old 19 Jul 2015, 14:26 (Ref:3559528)   #97
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperion101 View Post
http://www.indigorenderer.com/sketchup/ Download Indigo Renderer RT for SketchUp. It will say it only lets you use it for a 30-day trial, but I've been using it since December, and it's still free for me.
I gave it a go, but I don't like the limited size. I'll experiment a little more. Thanks
Old 30 Oct 2015, 03:05 (Ref:3586550)   #98
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Autodromo Equatorial

Autodromo Equatorial is a 1.04 mile (1.68 km) NASCAR-style racetrack located in Macapá, Brazil, almost directly on the equator. The roval is about 1.47 miles (2.37 km) long. Its primary use would be Stock Car Brazil and other local series. NASCAR and IndyCar might also take the opportunity to increase their presence in Brazil.
Attached Thumbnails
Macapa top.png   Macapa.jpg   Macapa north end facing south.png  

Macapa south end facing north.png   Macapa frontstretch.png   Macapa turn 2.png  

Old 7 Nov 2015, 20:42 (Ref:3588865)   #99
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Kazan Autodrom

A 2.98 mile (4.79 km) counterclockwise track located in Kazan, which is in East-Central Russia on the Volga River. It would be a semipermanent or completely permanent design, as part of it uses some parking lots around the horse racetrack. Or, some new parking lots could be created, and the circuit made permanent. It would be a very fast track, with the exception of the Moscow and Gorbachev curves. Primary use would be the F1 Russian Grand Prix, and it would alternate yearly with Sochi. Longest straight, between the Putin and Stables turns, is 2050 ft., and the hardest braking point is before the Volga Hairpin.
Attached Thumbnails
Kazan Autodrom Google Earth.jpg   Kazakn path.jpg   Kazan1.png  

Kazan2.png   Kazan3.png   Kazan4.png  

Old 7 Nov 2015, 21:13 (Ref:3588873)   #100
Szisz
Rookie

Szisz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your tracks, the quality, flow and detail of them, are the standard that I hope to achieve one day. Excellent as always.