Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Mar 2018, 08:26 (Ref:3808294)   #1126
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Lol, exactly on what basis could the FIA “enforce” such an “agreement?”
And when has a gentlemen's agreement ever been agreed to in F1?

But hey, any chance to have a dig at Ferrari I'm there!

Old 16 Mar 2018, 09:08 (Ref:3808299)   #1127
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
And when has a gentlemen's agreement ever been agreed to in F1?

But hey, any chance to have a dig at Ferrari I'm there!

Just a question - have you read the posting guidelines related to 'netiquette' here?
Old 16 Mar 2018, 14:52 (Ref:3808351)   #1128
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if this is a source of contention for the teams, shouldnt the FIA have the same sorts of non compete clauses (gardening leave requirements) in their employment contracts as the teams do? this is pretty standard stuff for most industries no?

for an organization basically run by lawyers, im actually really surprised they dont have these rules/clauses already in place.
Old 16 Mar 2018, 15:09 (Ref:3808357)   #1129
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
About Bernie's last Xmas postcard. It seems he forgot how much costed him -about a decade- to get his six street US races with the help of his friends. Long Beach (1976), Las Vegas (1981), Detroit (1982), Dallas (1984), New York (announced on 1984 season, didn't make it) Phoenix (1989) were that all counted then.

Also forgot his Italian leisure friends, these of the textile high-class and fashion brands (Benetton, Armani, can I say Iceberg? and others) who helped a lot to finance the F1 of mid-1980s...

And Tony George as a cowboy aiming at Chase. How a detail...
Old 16 Mar 2018, 15:12 (Ref:3808359)   #1130
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
About Bernie's last Xmas postcard. It seems he forgot how much costed him -about a decade- to get his six street US races with the help of his friends. Long Beach (1976), Las Vegas (1981), Detroit (1982), Dallas (1984), New York (announced on 1984 season, didn't make it) Phoenix (1989) were that all counted then.

Also forgot his Italian leisure friends, these of the textile high-class and fashion brands (Benetton, Armani, can I say Iceberg? and others) who helped a lot to finance the F1 of mid-1980s...

And Tony George as a cowboy aiming at Chase. How a detail...

What did Bernie’s xmas card say?
Old 16 Mar 2018, 15:16 (Ref:3808361)   #1131
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The text on the card clearly says: "Chase is trying his best not to fall on his way to find 6 races in the USA! Bernie made it with a little help of his friends!".
Okay, Bernie has a clear merit on it, but it was in the past...
Old 16 Mar 2018, 15:19 (Ref:3808363)   #1132
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well I think Bernie is still bitter, he wants to be shown that he made F1 great and Liberty are going to screw things up. Like they will do any worse than him
Old 16 Mar 2018, 15:23 (Ref:3808365)   #1133
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Probably isn't exactly that Liberty is screwing things up, probably the situation is overwhelming them. But not exactly because it was Liberty on it.
Others could be blamed for the same thing if they were in charge now.
Old 16 Mar 2018, 15:29 (Ref:3808368)   #1134
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
We had no world championship (even European one) on 1929 wasn't it?
But we had F1 in 1973-74... Hope could be obvious about it.
Old 19 Mar 2018, 17:21 (Ref:3809154)   #1135
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Article about Ferrari.

Unfortunately I first read the headline as:

"FEATURE: Why 2018 could be Ferrari's final year"

...and then I realised that we'll be reading that headline at some point during the next 12 months anyway!
Old 20 Mar 2018, 16:29 (Ref:3809420)   #1136
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
We had no world championship (even European one) on 1929 wasn't it?
But we had F1 in 1973-74... Hope could be obvious about it.

We did have a European championship in the 1930s
Old 20 Mar 2018, 16:54 (Ref:3809426)   #1137
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
We did have a European championship in the 1930s
From 1931 to 1939. The European Drivers’ Championship.
Old 26 Aug 2018, 00:46 (Ref:3846064)   #1138
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Just when you thought the 2018 silly season was over and done with, there's talk that it's about to blow up again.

A lot of rumours in the Spa paddock about announcements to come in the very near future. Drivers swapping seats for 2018, and then swapping seats again for 2019. Doesn't get any sillier than that.

One bit of talk is apparently Ocon had a seat fitting at McLaren at the beginning of the summer break. With a view to possibly replacing a McLaren driver before the next round in Monza. There may be a twist to this story as to who exactly Ocon is going to replace at McLaren. If Ocon was to replace Alonso for the rest of the season, I would be very (very) surprised. Alonso has scored all of McLarens points this season. But this is F1 as they say.

There's also talk about Stroll, Kubica, Vandoorne, Leclerc, Grosjean, Ericsson and Perez.

Old 26 Aug 2018, 01:32 (Ref:3846075)   #1139
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Just when you thought the 2018 silly season was over and done with, there's talk that it's about to blow up again.

A lot of rumours in the Spa paddock about announcements to come in the very near future. Drivers swapping seats for 2018, and then swapping seats again for 2019. Doesn't get any sillier than that.

One bit of talk is apparently Ocon had a seat fitting at McLaren at the beginning of the summer break. With a view to possibly replacing a McLaren driver before the next round in Monza. There may be a twist to this story as to who exactly Ocon is going to replace at McLaren. If Ocon was to replace Alonso for the rest of the season, I would be very (very) surprised. Alonso has scored all of McLarens points this season. But this is F1 as they say.

There's also talk about Stroll, Kubica, Vandoorne, Leclerc, Grosjean, Ericsson and Perez.

See the Force India thread for one report, in short everyone takes a step over and Eriksson gets the shaft. Stroll-->Ocon-->Vandoorne-->Eriksson with Kubica getting his chance again at Williams in time for Monza but likely Singapore.
Old 26 Aug 2018, 02:07 (Ref:3846078)   #1140
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Alonso has scored all of McLarens points this season. But this is F1 as they say.
Not true. Yes Alonso has scored most of the teams points, but Vandoorne has scored 3 points finishes this year, 8 points in total to be 16th in the championship.
Just sayin'.....
Old 26 Aug 2018, 08:12 (Ref:3846111)   #1141
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
See the Force India thread for one report, in short everyone takes a step over and Eriksson gets the shaft.
Thanks, just read that report. The best news of all is that Ericsson may finally be out of a drive. Best news I've heard for a while!

Also found THIS on Motorsport.com.

Going to be an interesting week for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Not true.
Correct E.B. Not sure what I was thinking. Just feels like Vandoorne has done hardly anything noteworthy this season for whatever reason.

Old 26 Aug 2018, 08:45 (Ref:3846117)   #1142
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Another 2018 silly season story. The team that apparently contacted Jean Eric Vergne, was Williams.

To fill in for the rest of the season when Stroll jumps ship to FI?

What's JEV's schedule look like until 26th November?

Old 28 Aug 2018, 11:14 (Ref:3846708)   #1143
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Williams Monza preview.. features a paragraph by Lance Stroll .

http://www.williamsf1.com/racing/new...d-prix-preview

Hmm... so no driver swap with Ocon for Monza then??

Or...

Old 28 Aug 2018, 12:58 (Ref:3846716)   #1144
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Problem is the McLaren contract of Vandoorne.
Old 28 Aug 2018, 21:44 (Ref:3846792)   #1145
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulahistory View Post
Problem is the McLaren contract of Vandoorne.
Performance clause?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 28 Aug 2018, 21:46 (Ref:3846793)   #1146
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Performance clause?
No, that doesn't come until Christmas - with Santa.......
Old 28 Aug 2018, 23:33 (Ref:3846801)   #1147
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
If the Stroll/Ocon/Vandoorne/Leclerc/Uncle Tom Cobleigh shuffle comes to fruition, I’ll be astonished. Too many vested interests involved for it to go smoothly.
Old 29 Aug 2018, 11:34 (Ref:3846860)   #1148
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Musical chairs highly recommend Lando Norris to prepare to his F1 debut...
Old 29 Aug 2018, 15:41 (Ref:3846905)   #1149
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
If the Stroll/Ocon/Vandoorne/Leclerc/Uncle Tom Cobleigh shuffle comes to fruition, I’ll be astonished. Too many vested interests involved for it to go smoothly.
indeed...way too many moving parts.

and with Monza in a couple of days its looking like there will not be any changes for this weekend at least.
Old 29 Aug 2018, 16:19 (Ref:3846911)   #1150
S griffin
Veteran

Well Sauber have let it known that Vandoorne is not on their shortlist