Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Timo Glock to test a Champ Car?

From GrandPrix.com:
Quote:
There are rumours that Jordan Grand Prix's Timo Glock may not stay in Formula 1 this year and could be seen testing a Champ Car in the next few days.
The rumours going around the internet have Glock testing for Rocketsports Racing on Friday and I know i'm getting ahead of myself, but if Timo does sign with RS Racing then RHR would probably find a seat at Forsythe Racing?!
Old 3 Feb 2005, 11:26 (Ref:1216355)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Timo is a driver with a lot of talent and even more potential. He could be a star.
Old 3 Feb 2005, 13:48 (Ref:1216509)   #3
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I had read that Timo was testing this week, but I was unable to find out which team was running him.
Old 3 Feb 2005, 14:09 (Ref:1216537)   #4
StickShift
Veteran

StickShift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glock is definetly a talented driver. He could be a major asset to the series.

and he apparently has DHL money
Old 3 Feb 2005, 14:21 (Ref:1216555)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Glock was originally favourite for a Jordan drive this year, but that seems to have gone quiet, and ChampCars is a possble location for him, especially as he tested for Walker a year ago.
Old 3 Feb 2005, 16:02 (Ref:1216641)   #6
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Timo Glock is testing with Rocketsports, no rumor - it's fact and reported on the offical "speed-academy" website. The Speed-academy is the supporting program from DHL/Deutsche Post...

some pictures on:
http://www.speed-academy.de/main/con...EPFXCDOTBfffcB
Old 3 Feb 2005, 16:04 (Ref:1216644)   #7
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With Jordan confirming its drivers now and Glock not being one of them, a move to ChampCar looks more likely.
Old 3 Feb 2005, 17:39 (Ref:1216712)   #8
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's funny my first thought was "where might this leave RHR?" RHR @ Forsythe would ensure the team is stronger, probably be the best option for RHR and be good for the series to ensure good competition and two front running Americans.

Glock looks to be a pretty good driver. I'm not 100% convinced on him, but he deserves a shot. As far as drivers who might bring money, he is nearly as good as it will get.
Old 3 Feb 2005, 20:12 (Ref:1216838)   #9
brightline
Racer

United States
Temple Terrace, FL
brightline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A yellow DHL car on the grid would look fantastic as well.
Old 3 Feb 2005, 21:28 (Ref:1216909)   #10
StickShift
Veteran

I don't see how Ryan Hunter-Reay will get a seat at Forsythe. Gerry has said that he's only going to run cars that he has sponsorship for... and as far as I know, neither Hunter-Reay nor Forsythe have any sponsorship for another car!
Old 3 Feb 2005, 22:10 (Ref:1216942)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If RHR needs to get a drive sorted, I'm sure OWRS will make sure it happens,a nd that probably means with one of their teams.
Old 3 Feb 2005, 22:18 (Ref:1216951)   #12
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickShift
I don't see how Ryan Hunter-Reay will get a seat at Forsythe. Gerry has said that he's only going to run cars that he has sponsorship for... and as far as I know, neither Hunter-Reay nor Forsythe have any sponsorship for another car!
You're right he did say that, but PT doesn't have sponsorship, does that mean there's a chance he'll be sitting at home this year? Somehow I think not. He also said he promised RHR that he would have a ride in CC this year. If not @ Rocketsports or Forsythe, the other options are HVM, Walker, Conquest and Coyne.
Old 3 Feb 2005, 22:21 (Ref:1216953)   #13
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
O-tone G. Forsythe: "... I'm prepared to run as many as sponsorship will allow but I'm not going to fund them," ... "Kevin and I made a commitment to Ryan to keep him in Champ Car and we're going to make it happen..."
Old 3 Feb 2005, 22:58 (Ref:1216973)   #14
StickShift
Veteran

Tracy already has a contract though.
Old 4 Feb 2005, 00:03 (Ref:1217018)   #15
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
getting back to Glock , I'd like to see him anything.

Champcar , F1 , truck racing I dont care I think the guy has alot of potential
Old 4 Feb 2005, 14:14 (Ref:1217438)   #16
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 seems unlikely now as there's only a Minardi seat and the favourites for that are Baumgartner, Kiesa and Bruni.
I'd like to see Glock in Champ Cars, he's got what it takes.
Old 4 Feb 2005, 14:31 (Ref:1217448)   #17
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure Tracy will be there with Forsythe, and hopefully RHR will get something. Glock has a lot to offer the championship, and he has funding, and as mentioned a potentially nice looking car, so everyone would win by his inclusion.
Old 4 Feb 2005, 16:02 (Ref:1217504)   #18
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Some of you may remember when RHR was attending the London Auto show 2-3 weeks ago, he was quoted as saying that this season he has agreed to drive for a team that is a bit better then HVM. So in my opinion that can only mean Forsythe Racing to whom he was referring to.
Old 5 Feb 2005, 01:26 (Ref:1217904)   #19
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, if the Rocketsports seat is taken (please let Glock get the seat), then there is really only Forsythe left. IF all this happens, that leaves some pretty serious line ups for 2005.
Tags/Glock
Tracy/RHR
Vasser/Da Matta
AJ/Wilson
Bourdai/Junquira
Old 5 Feb 2005, 01:52 (Ref:1217914)   #20
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
Today was the first testing for Glock at Sebring in the #8 Rocketsports machine and it was reported that he was really fast and that the team was verry impressed... so it looks not bad for the drive... also testing was CdM and Matt Halliday and Bruce Jouanny joined for a full day with Mi-Jack/Conquest Racing...
Old 5 Feb 2005, 07:29 (Ref:1217988)   #21
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Champ Car Preseason Testing

From CCWS.com:
Quote:
The last time that Cristiano da Matta unbuckled from a Champ Car, he did it as the series champion after a seven-win 2002 season that saw him wrap up the title with three races to go.

Twenty-seven months later da Matta strapped back into a Champ Car for his first test session since rejoining the Bridgestone Presents The Champ Car World Series Powered by Ford. Taking the opportunity to get in a day of testing, Da Matta drove from Daytona, where he is teamed with Sebastien Bourdais and Paul Newman in tomorrow’s Rolex 24, to Sebring to join his new PKV Racing teammates for the first of a three-day Champ Car test session.
Old 5 Feb 2005, 10:36 (Ref:1218050)   #22
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
Good stuff by the sounds of it, I'm pleased that Conquest are actively looking for drivers, casting the net quite wide, and soemone like Glock would be a good addition to the field.

Last edited by BootsOntheSide; 5 Feb 2005 at 10:39.
Old 7 Feb 2005, 11:46 (Ref:1219291)   #23
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone have the times for how their three drivers compared?