Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Mar 2012, 16:00 (Ref:3050898)   #1
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Bernie's V8s Snetteron 14/15th April entry list

And very impressive it is too for an opening round of a new series in a recession if I may say. Its way over 50% of the registered drivers and above the norm of 40%, can't wait! Should be more to follow as well.

NAME CAR CLASS Race No:

Ian Baldock / Piers Baldock Mustang F 69

Gregory Thornton Ford Falcon F

Wayne Langridge Mustang F 28

Simon Verschehoern / Richard Cooke Mustang M

Craig Davies Mustang M 9

Adam Simmonds Mustang F 17

Simon Miller Mustang F 19

Scott Racing Services Camaro M 1

Pete Halford Camaro F 6

Alan Weyman / Cliff Ryan Camaro F 26

Simon Lane Camaro M 65

Tom Barley Camaro M 6

Chaz Mallard Camaro M 113

David Edwards Camaro F 70

John Shoesmith / Ray Barrow Camaro M 144

Mike Milligan / Chris Wilson Camaro M 3

Bernie Chodosh / Mark Wrigh Corvette M 59

John Dixon Corvette F 83

Luke Woss Corvette F 48

John Young / Phil Perryman Corvette F 111

Julian Bailey Watts Aston M 5

Rikki Cann Aston M 999

Chris Scragg Aston M 3

Joe Jackson / Terry Gisbourne Detomaso M 63

Ian Jacobs Mercedes M 15

Martin Lofthouse TR7 V8 F

John Wilson MGB TV8 M 27

Andrew Riley MGB F

Mike Haig

James Tucker Marcos F 68

Peter Dodd TVR F 13
Old 30 Mar 2012, 17:52 (Ref:3050948)   #2
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Heck of an entry, Al - Enjoy!

I'd like to think I could get down for this meeting but I'm still busy emptying my unit!
Old 30 Mar 2012, 19:00 (Ref:3050973)   #3
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutely brilliant!! Just can't wait to hear them all once again as the Red lights go out at the rolling starts if the first of Bernie's V8 races last October is anything to go by.

Several cars were out at the CSCC testday on Thursday and looked and sounded superb.

Well done to Bernie and all the competitors for making this series come together.

Look forward to seeing you all on the 14th / 15th April.

Terry
Old 30 Mar 2012, 19:02 (Ref:3050974)   #4
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
And thank you as well Terry for your pace car etc. duties on the day.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 19:13 (Ref:3050979)   #5
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers Al, yes will be clerking for the CSCC with Robert and the team over the weekend and will be looking after Bernie's V8 races again, as at the end of last year so will be great to catch up with you all again.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 20:29 (Ref:3051010)   #6
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its a great entry, could do with a few more Fords to take on the Chevy army though
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 30 Mar 2012, 20:55 (Ref:3051015)   #7
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah but there's a Ford guy lurking amongst the Chevys
Old 31 Mar 2012, 07:06 (Ref:3051120)   #8
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Yeah a 5th column also Craig has entered the mighty mustang he bought from cobra automotive in the USA
Old 31 Mar 2012, 09:03 (Ref:3051152)   #9
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's fantastic Al. I can only make it to Snet on the Sunday. Please tell me they're racing on Sunday!
Old 31 Mar 2012, 11:12 (Ref:3051213)   #10
Moosehead
Veteran

Yes, we're racing both days
Old 31 Mar 2012, 12:36 (Ref:3051255)   #11
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Moosehead. Really looking forward to it now.
Old 31 Mar 2012, 19:49 (Ref:3051383)   #12
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Yep Moose is right, sprint on the saturday mini enduro with pitstops on the Sunday.
Old 31 Mar 2012, 20:46 (Ref:3051411)   #13
ClarkyPics
Rookie

ClarkyPics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re : Superb V8 Entry List!!

Hi Al ,

V8 list looks a cracker , I was at Snett on Thursday for the CSCC Test Day http://flickr.com/photos/clarkypics/ Good luck for the new season!
Old 2 Apr 2012, 20:12 (Ref:3052493)   #14
car35
Rookie

United Kingdom
east anglia
car35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looking forward to it and thank you to Bernie for his continued support.

My money is on John Wilson in his MGBv8 if he can get to the front in the reverse grid. I will do all I can to slow him up.
Old 3 Apr 2012, 09:01 (Ref:3052749)   #15
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had hoped that i would be eligible with my 40 and spoke with Bernie over telephone at some length about invitation class. Sent two emails with details to him but have never had a reply.
Shame as i could have added another Ford engine to the list to please Moosehead.

Still what a cracker of a line up, and every success to all who participate in this series. Sadly going to miss this first race as i am in Holland that week, but with any luck the noise and vibrations should be felt and heard over there !!
Old 3 Apr 2012, 09:33 (Ref:3052761)   #16
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt917 View Post
I had hoped that i would be eligible with my 40 and spoke with Bernie over telephone at some length about invitation class. Sent two emails with details to him but have never had a reply.
Shame as i could have added another Ford engine to the list to please Moosehead.

Still what a cracker of a line up, and every success to all who participate in this series. Sadly going to miss this first race as i am in Holland that week, but with any luck the noise and vibrations should be felt and heard over there !!
An invitation class for your car would be a great idea IMO. It could even have included my sons wee 1976 Dutton with a Rover in it.
Old 3 Apr 2012, 09:40 (Ref:3052763)   #17
ClarkyPics
Rookie

ClarkyPics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re : HGTCC Finished?

Hi John / Everyone ,

Has HGTCC finished , as there are no dates for 2012? If it has it's a shame , always enjoyed after BTCC / GT & F3's.
Old 3 Apr 2012, 10:38 (Ref:3052798)   #18
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkyPics View Post
Hi John / Everyone ,

Has HGTCC finished , as there are no dates for 2012? If it has it's a shame , always enjoyed after BTCC / GT & F3's.

Sadly no more, but you will see the cars out at loads of other events that they are eligible for, many of them with Bernies V8 series.
Old 3 Apr 2012, 15:23 (Ref:3052941)   #19
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I don't think Bernie wants to have kit cars in to be honest, if it was a genuine GT40 it may have been a different matter.
Old 3 Apr 2012, 16:06 (Ref:3052957)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well I can spot at least one non original car in that list so I fail to see the issue.
Old 3 Apr 2012, 16:46 (Ref:3052981)   #21
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Pray tell, its not about originals its about kitcars.
Old 3 Apr 2012, 16:56 (Ref:3052991)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well if you are going to exclude kit cars then arguably anything that wasn't built with a V8 would also be excluded. However, if the criteria is a racing car with a V8 then it matters little whether it's a kit car, a non original car or whatever.
Old 3 Apr 2012, 16:59 (Ref:3052993)   #23
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I think you may have missed what the rules are about, basically its a series for cars originally manufactured with a V8 engine from a recognised manufacturer and produced in numbers, thats why there is an FIA class.
Old 3 Apr 2012, 17:02 (Ref:3052994)   #24
Moosehead
Veteran

Hmm, I can't see anything on the list that wasn't fitted with a V8.............unless you're meaning the MGB? If so I can see where you're coming from but I don't think its really necessary to use a genuine V8 shell car.
Old 3 Apr 2012, 17:14 (Ref:3053003)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
basically its a series for cars originally manufactured with a V8 engine from a recognised manufacturer and produced in numbers,
And

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
Hmm, I can't see anything on the list that wasn't fitted with a V8.............unless you're meaning the MGB? If so I can see where you're coming from but I don't think its really necessary to use a genuine V8 shell car.
Lol, perhaps the rules aren't that clear. Not a criticism just picking up on Al's point about kit cars. There were no MGB roadsters built by the factory with a V8.

Enjoy the event.