Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 20 Aug 2011, 23:44 (Ref:2943508)   #126
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
Wolf shows us all why we love watching sports car racing.
That was awesome, indeed.
Old 20 Aug 2011, 23:45 (Ref:2943510)   #127
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
interesting how bmws have a hp addvantige on the vette even with smaller restrictors
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 20 Aug 2011, 23:50 (Ref:2943511)   #128
Sellysell
Rookie

United States
Sellysell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
interesting how bmws have a hp addvantige on the vette even with smaller restrictors
To me it seems funny how, they just have mega speed out of no were.
Old 21 Aug 2011, 00:09 (Ref:2943517)   #129
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What a great finish! Guy Smith pushed the Dyson to it's limits during the last stint. Not sure how he kept it off the walls as he was off the gray more than once; still couldn't catch the Aston.

Risi back in victory lane. Good finish in the beetle cup race too.
Old 21 Aug 2011, 00:14 (Ref:2943521)   #130
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
50 starts 18 wins is why Melo is an excelent driver!!!!!
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 21 Aug 2011, 00:34 (Ref:2943526)   #131
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
great race.
Old 21 Aug 2011, 00:59 (Ref:2943531)   #132
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Interesting how the Ferrari passed a BMW to win. And how Ferrari holds the fast lap by 6 tenths at the "bmw track". And how Werner couldn't get by the ESM ferrari down the front straight when everyone says the ferrari is the slowest car down the straights. Didnt a vette get within .006 seconds of the bmw pole and say he could have gone faster. interesting stuff indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellysell View Post
To me it seems funny how, they just have mega speed out of no were.
so where did that speed go when Dirk Werner got passed by Jaime Melo "the supposed slowest car in a straight line" and fell back 10 seconds?

on another note. great drive my Melo. he was a man on a mission. And that Ferrari looked incredibly planted in that kink.

Last edited by Audi Racer; 21 Aug 2011 at 01:05.
Old 21 Aug 2011, 01:06 (Ref:2943532)   #133
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMW have a push to pass button that turns the engine map to full rich and turns off the AC.
Old 21 Aug 2011, 01:32 (Ref:2943536)   #134
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Still life in the old Porsche .....

Risi first win ..... not impressed at all with them .

Kane was doing a great job , until Masood undid it ..... great race .
Old 21 Aug 2011, 01:38 (Ref:2943538)   #135
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a fantastic race!!

I was freakin screaming at the tv...er...computer through the final laps. Great to see the Aston again
Old 21 Aug 2011, 07:22 (Ref:2943585)   #136
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
AUSRSR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeh fantastic finish, was very nice to wake up and realise there was about hour to go. Wolf's move on the BMW was insane..

Would have liked to see the Mazda go through for the win, but awesome race. One of my favourite tracks as well.
Old 21 Aug 2011, 10:19 (Ref:2943623)   #137
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Almost missed watching the race but I'm glad I remembered it, great race and great finish.
Old 21 Aug 2011, 11:19 (Ref:2943637)   #138
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
Interesting how the Ferrari passed a BMW to win. And how Ferrari holds the fast lap by 6 tenths at the "bmw track".
Werrner was on older tires, and best laps have nothing to do with hp. and its pointless to argue, if any other brand got hit by a 0.4mm restrictor cut, they would have been out of the contetion.
Old 21 Aug 2011, 14:15 (Ref:2943678)   #139
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Regretting having missed the live coverage for this one.

Thankfully these have already been uploaded:

Henzler/BMW pass:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YutUA07NJHc

Graf/Smith final laps:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xToF...h_response_rev

Fantastic stuff indeed.
Old 21 Aug 2011, 14:50 (Ref:2943688)   #140
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
Regretting having missed the live coverage for this one.

Thankfully these have already been uploaded:

Henzler/BMW pass:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YutUA07NJHc

Graf/Smith final laps:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xToF...h_response_rev

Fantastic stuff indeed.
watch it on the ALMS site when it shouws up, the gt race alone is worth it.
Old 21 Aug 2011, 15:29 (Ref:2943701)   #141
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
watch it on the ALMS site when it shouws up, the gt race alone is worth it.
Sitting down to watch it right now.
Old 21 Aug 2011, 16:24 (Ref:2943708)   #142
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Aside from the obvious stream glitches and safety cars, that was a really enjoyable race to watch. Little disappointed with the end results in GT2 but P1 finale was probably the best since RA or Long Beach last year. And what a GOD-LIKE pass from Falken Porsche
Old 21 Aug 2011, 17:06 (Ref:2943717)   #143
Danny_GT2
Veteran

Ireland
Lucan, Ireland
Danny_GT2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great race all round, closest ever overall finish in ALMS! 0.112 seconds after 4 hours of racing is very close indeed! Would've been nice to see the #16 Dyson winning it after the bad start they had!
Old 21 Aug 2011, 17:32 (Ref:2943731)   #144
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Werrner was on older tires, and best laps have nothing to do with hp. and its pointless to argue, if any other brand got hit by a 0.4mm restrictor cut, they would have been out of the contetion.
^^u brought up restrictors and hp for that matter lol. i thought you said youd never talk about it again....
Old 21 Aug 2011, 18:15 (Ref:2943748)   #145
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
I have a question about SC restart and start procedure, when is it ok to overtake.

Because for the last two races the 'vettes have been jumping the gun, last race against a porsche at the start of the race, and this race against risi during the first SC restart. it is clearly seen on the timing and scoring monitors that the vettes have passed ahead of the car in front trough the finish line, why were they not penalised
Old 21 Aug 2011, 18:47 (Ref:2943758)   #146
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I thought this was sorted out after a Lime Rock race a few years ago. What I mean is, as I understood it, at least on initial race starts (and this would make sense for restarts too), once the green waves, it's open season.
Old 21 Aug 2011, 19:34 (Ref:2943771)   #147
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
That seems to be how I remember it, after the Penske Porsches repeatedly brake-checked the field on starts in '07 before the LM break.
Old 21 Aug 2011, 19:57 (Ref:2943774)   #148
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
According to an interview Jamie Howe did with Toni Vilander during the race on the ESPN 3 broadcast, Luca di Montezemolo, CEO of Ferrari, was at Road America for the race this weekend to watch how the Ferrari's did. Can anybody confirm this?
Old 21 Aug 2011, 20:26 (Ref:2943784)   #149
wheelz22
Racer

United States
NJ
wheelz22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
According to an interview Jamie Howe did with Toni Vilander during the race on the ESPN 3 broadcast, Luca di Montezemolo, CEO of Ferrari, was at Road America for the race this weekend to watch how the Ferrari's did. Can anybody confirm this?
I personally didn't see him, but someone mentioned that on Friday. I forget who it was, might of been Pickett...I know it was somebody that's reliable that I heard it from.

I guess Monte's happy...
Old 21 Aug 2011, 20:50 (Ref:2943797)   #150
wheelz22
Racer

United States
NJ
wheelz22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
It would be nice to see a good result from Wilden in the XKR. They've been getting better and better (relatively)
Yeah...the 99 guys were fast....frustrating.