Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 4 Sep 2000, 03:31 (Ref:34882)   #1
fastracer
Racer

United States
Irvine, California, USA
fastracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well now that Tracy won and Andretti had a poor performance, there are at leat 4 people that can win the championship. So who is the favorite?
I think that it's Tracy now because most of the remaining tracks are road coarses and the Team Green car has performed very well on road coarses. The two Penske drivers could have an outside chance, but their reliability has been poor. As for Andretti, I think that he blew his chances already .
Old 4 Sep 2000, 13:23 (Ref:34924)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are still five races to go, and there are 11 points between first and fifth place - so there's no telling who may win! Isn't this a lot more fun than F1?

Personally I would not count out Adrian Fernandez. He has extraordinary luck, besides a very quiet and steady talent that goes unnoticed in large part.

But a few broken gearboxes, an uncontrolled Tags Lunge at an inopportune time, bad weather, and Fontana ... I'm not counting anybody out at this point.
Old 4 Sep 2000, 19:26 (Ref:34999)   #3
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I´m cheering for Paul, i mean he can be the champion if he continues to drive as he has, but he does´nt have to win all races to get the championship, and thats the main thing. He must remain patient if he can´t win but can get podiums or big points, he has a big chance of crowning as the newest champion. Other drivers with chances are andretti and disfortunately fernandez. But andretti can go further than the mexican, he has a better car, and bit more of skills, and if we get enough yellow flags in the next 5 races, adrian will be definetly the winner. I hope gil can get of the slump and start getting strong runs coz i will love to see a south american winning the championship two years in a row.
Old 4 Sep 2000, 23:14 (Ref:35045)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want Gil to win.
Old 5 Sep 2000, 11:31 (Ref:35100)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Go Kenny, then Adrian and Gil a close second...the rest...meh...
Old 5 Sep 2000, 13:18 (Ref:35122)   #6
Nuvolari
Racer

Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No doubt Tracy has the momentum, but I'm with Liz in recommending we all keep an eye on Senor Fernandez. Just as Pat Patrick's pit stop strategy and Adrian's steady performance have kept in on or near the podium in so many races, so, too, they may bring him a championship.