Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Nov 2004, 15:50 (Ref:1160924)   #1
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RML: LMP2 place to be!

Just got an update from the team and found Mike Newton's comment interesting:

Quote:
"Having contested both the LMES and the FIA GT Championship this year we decided to concentrate our efforts on the prototype. The way things are taking shape I think LMP2 is the place to be next year".
Old 22 Nov 2004, 16:11 (Ref:1160942)   #2
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: RML: LMP2 place to be!

The Saleens are already sold off to Konrad.
Old 22 Nov 2004, 16:27 (Ref:1160962)   #3
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
And the Lola will be fitted with a normally-aspirated Judd engine, I see. Let's hope it's more effective than the turbo four.
Old 22 Nov 2004, 17:38 (Ref:1161004)   #4
Foster
Racer

Canada
The Maritimes
Foster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the idea of fiting it with the NA Judd engine. I think it will be a better, and more competitive car.
Old 23 Nov 2004, 13:24 (Ref:1161734)   #5
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the MG-Lola was classified as a LMP1 car. Dont the ALMS Lola's run as LMP1?
Old 23 Nov 2004, 14:46 (Ref:1161790)   #6
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They do...and Intersport ran the 3.4 L Judd...it ran better ans an LMP2 than it did as an LMP1, but they did qualify 5th at Sebring with that package....

That Lola B160 doesn't have much room for anything arger engine-wise, but I'm wondering if the cowling could be revised in teh rear to hold an 4.0 L. Judd??? But I don' tthink that is going to be possible....

The Judd will be more reliable, but I do think that they will sacrifice some pace....and I do think that they do have to compete as an LMP1.....

Hope that sheds some light on some questions asked above....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 23 Nov 2004, 16:02 (Ref:1161858)   #7
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
They do...and Intersport ran the 3.4 L Judd...it ran better ans an LMP2 than it did as an LMP1, but they did qualify 5th at Sebring with that package....

That Lola B160 doesn't have much room for anything arger engine-wise, but I'm wondering if the cowling could be revised in teh rear to hold an 4.0 L. Judd??? But I don' tthink that is going to be possible....

The Judd will be more reliable, but I do think that they will sacrifice some pace....and I do think that they do have to compete as an LMP1.....

Hope that sheds some light on some questions asked above....
the RML car will be converted to a LMP2 Hybrid via a conversion package created by Lola. the Judd engine to be placed in the RML car will be a new custom built engine from Judd, so it will be interesting to see how well this new engine runs compared to Judd's KV and now XV engines...
Old 24 Nov 2004, 16:55 (Ref:1162924)   #8
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
DSC are now saying that RML have ordered a new Lola LMP2 to be delivered in January.

There is doubt however as to their plans for the current former 675 cars.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 20:55 (Ref:1163170)   #9
Zandbak
Racer

Netherlands
Zandbak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mal
DSC are now saying that RML have ordered a new Lola LMP2 to be delivered in January.
Well you can read this news also in the autosport issue of 25-11-04. We can expect two more Lola's B05/40 in 2005....
Old 25 Nov 2004, 04:26 (Ref:1163452)   #10
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Funny enough to see how this P2 class expands... the enduro championships will be something in 2005 !
Old 25 Nov 2004, 05:31 (Ref:1163468)   #11
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i know, everyone was saying LMP2 was going to be a bust, but as of right now, the LMP2 class in the LMES looks to be one of the best mixes of cars we've seen in any prototype class in years...
Old 25 Nov 2004, 07:50 (Ref:1163500)   #12
marcush.
Racer

Equatorial Guinea
Bad Ems /Germany
marcush. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the intersport conversion was not as effective as their creators had hoped for...engine woes,temperature issues,and not to forget the accidents that led intersport
giving the car away for repairs on the tub(not at lola the last time with now the car written off)
Did we ever see the full potential of the judd conversion?
Old 25 Nov 2004, 14:16 (Ref:1163887)   #13
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by tblincoe
i know, everyone was saying LMP2 was going to be a bust, but as of right now, the LMP2 class in the LMES looks to be one of the best mixes of cars we've seen in any prototype class in years...
Remember those scare stories about how these LMP2 cars were going to be slower than an 'SR2' Pilbeam.

Instead we have very, very quick 540bhp+, 750kg rockets that look great and can even push the LMP1 cars!
Old 27 Nov 2004, 12:18 (Ref:1165604)   #14
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
If, as suggested, RML end up running the B05/60, what will become of the old B01/60? Great car, but is there much potential left in it? They never really seem to have been able to fettle the reliability problems. Even Dyson have only managed to put one over on the Audis a couple of times.
Old 28 Nov 2004, 07:24 (Ref:1166017)   #15
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
Instead we have very, very quick 540bhp+, 750kg rockets that look great and can even push the LMP1 cars!
Yep, the red C65 amazed me... and what to think of the future Creation P2 Zytek ?

P2 rebirth !