Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 12 Sep 2005, 08:38 (Ref:1405364)   #1
davemullender
Rookie

davemullender should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snetterton - w/e 10th Sept - Thanks

A big thanks to all the marshalls out in the monsoon weather at Snetterton over the weekend.

It was unfortunate I had to visit a post during my last race due to my first mechanical failure in 2 years (normally I run out of talent well before the car breaks down).

Old 12 Sep 2005, 09:26 (Ref:1405413)   #2
COLIN STUBBS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Louth.Thats the one near Cadwell
COLIN STUBBS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yea thanks guys I was in the Toyos Saturday and it sure was damp!!! Shame we didnt get a restart after only 5 laps.,never got the chance to give you a wave!! Bloody well caught me out in practice when i hit the monsoon at the end of the straight....
Old 12 Sep 2005, 09:37 (Ref:1405425)   #3
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll second those thanks.

The Saturday Classic Thunder race was fun despite the weather conditions. Once the Camaro got past I could not see a thing; including the Chevy; for its rooster tails.

Got the wipers working properly on the BX ready for Sunday but thankfully did not need to use them.
Old 12 Sep 2005, 11:24 (Ref:1405531)   #4
GT3
Racer

United Kingdom
King's Lynn, Norfolk
GT3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I'm only just drying out from the Saturday Monsoon!

Thanks to the BMW drivers who;

a) Donated a Pressure Washer for the Marshals Raffle on the Sunday -very much appriciated, even though I didn't win it !
b) During the break on Saturday, raised the sprits of everyone by 'body surfing' on a lilo behind the garages - very funny!

Congratulations must also go to the Mini Driver who started 15th and finished 5th - brilliant driving!. I was flagging on Pit Entry and watching the cars twitching under acceleration out of Russell was 'Interesting'

Great Meeting !

Steve
Old 12 Sep 2005, 11:30 (Ref:1405544)   #5
davemullender
Rookie

davemullender should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3
b) During the break on Saturday, raised the sprits of everyone by 'body surfing' on a lilo behind the garages - very funny!
The fat one doing the lilo surfing was me
Old 12 Sep 2005, 13:06 (Ref:1405621)   #6
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah I will also like to say thanks, I did need their help when I had a little bit of 'Wheel' Twouble in practise if you know what I mean.
Old 12 Sep 2005, 19:59 (Ref:1406048)   #7
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Yeah I will also like to say thanks, I did need their help when I had a little bit of 'Wheel' Twouble in practise if you know what I mean.
Al, Thanks for doing a good job pulling off and tucking the car behind Fantasy Island when you had the problem, it was much appreciated by our crew covering Coram. Hope it was nothing too serious!

Anyway a big thank you to all the competitors who had to endure what appeared from our positions conditions at times that seemed to be more suitable for powerboat racing, and it is a credit to your skills and a lot of very sensible driving that we managed to get through the practice and four races on the Saturday without any major incidents. Shame we did lose some time due to the amount of water on track and heavy rain but that must be better than lots of damaged cars and wallets.

Also a big thank you to the Coram crew on Saturday for all your assistance, Paul, Julius, Tony and our new recruits Phil and Nick who were thrown in the deep end (Literally, with the amount of water about!) who did a grand job on both flags posts. Thanks Tony for the training you gave Nick. Hopefully we've gained another two new Snet regulars.

Sorry I couldn't be with you on the Sunday due to overriding family committments but hope you had a good day and hope to see you back at Snet soon.

Terry
Old 15 Sep 2005, 23:24 (Ref:1408944)   #8
GT3
Racer

United Kingdom
King's Lynn, Norfolk
GT3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemullender
The fat one doing the lilo surfing was me
I have found a small picture of the 'Body Surfing' on the e30nerd website. Here's the link for anybody interested;

http://www.e30nerd.co.uk/html/race_6.html

It really was funny !

Steve