Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 4 Mar 2006, 19:31 (Ref:1536274)   #1
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interlagos

I had a look through to see if I could see another thread about the same track but I couldn't find one, so here's my new edit of Interlagos:

Here's an overhead of the circuit, black=GP circuit, green=alternatives

Interlagos is a good track to edit because it has nearly all of the old routes still there, although the original Sargento loop that I've left out is partly built over. I've carefully designed the Esses (well, actually, at the time, it was an accident!!) so they slot through a narrow gap between the buildings - there'll be no problems for run-off

Also, a very similar layout to the original would be restored for the new Interlagos 12 hr endurance race (this is made up by me before you have any ideas). The current layout would be kept as a national layout, and there's also an intermediate layout which uses the old circuit as far as the old Ferradura where it instead turns right onto the current circuit. In all, this makes Interlagos much more flexible in terms of layouts - for the Brazilian national series like the Brazilian Stock Car Championship, they could hold 2 races on the circuit, both using different layouts (like as is at Brands, where they use both the GP circuit and Indy circuits for separate rounds)
Old 13 Mar 2006, 14:37 (Ref:1547176)   #2
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like it, generally. But i do think that curva do sol is just a touch too long for my liking.
i also think that curva 2 should be tightened, as it's too fast to be safe.
The rest of the track, i like.
Old 13 Mar 2006, 16:05 (Ref:1547220)   #3
Lustigson
Veteran

Netherlands
Huizen
Lustigson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very nice, and all, but on the main straight on your new version, just after the S do Senna on the current track, there's a bunch of grandstands during the Grand Prix.
Old 13 Mar 2006, 16:40 (Ref:1547251)   #4
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I find it difficult to come up with Mods on old tracks that have been already been modernised, however I've had a go, and used some bits of current and old tracks and a couple of new link sections come up with this.

As always comments and edits welcome

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 22 Oct 2007 at 14:51.
Old 13 Mar 2006, 17:07 (Ref:1547268)   #5
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well TBH my edit would have been perhaps better for before they changed it and it's not meant to be realistic in terms of safety anyway, so I'm not too bothered, but thanks for the advice anyway!! As to yours SBF, I like it. Needs a bit of following with your finger, as is the case at Interlagos!! Plenty of overtaking, some good challenging corners - it's good enough for me!!
Old 14 Mar 2006, 16:33 (Ref:1548114)   #6
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To make it easier to follow, here is what the circuit would look like without the old layouts being visable....to be honest I'm not sure I like it when seen in this way.

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 22 Oct 2007 at 14:51.
Old 17 Mar 2006, 07:07 (Ref:1550815)   #7
spinpsychle
Rookie

spinpsychle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really like Interlagos the way it is. Plenty of passing opportunites, plus a technical section, so you have to really think about what downforce you wish to run.

Um... I once heard a rumor that Ayrton Senna designed the current Interlagos layout. Any truth to that rumor?
Old 17 Mar 2006, 14:16 (Ref:1551132)   #8
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinpsychle
Um... I once heard a rumor that Ayrton Senna designed the current Interlagos layout. Any truth to that rumor?
I think he had a part in consultation for sure.
Old 17 Mar 2006, 19:03 (Ref:1551358)   #9
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ScotsBrutesFan your edit wouldn't be possible as it cuts right through the middle of one of the lakes. Have to say I wouldn't be that keen on having that layout anyway. Am working on my own edit at the moment.

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 17 Mar 2006, 20:54 (Ref:1551454)   #10
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going to do an edit as well; Interlagos is a real challenge.
Old 18 Mar 2006, 01:22 (Ref:1551616)   #11
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Here's my effort. I will only post the basic image at the moment but the full size picture that I have done is much more detailed & shows a complete re-development of the site, with the old circuit being repaved & being used for saloon car races. It also shows the new Bahrain-style tower at the 1st corner adding some of the modern architecture that Bernie is so fond of into the circuit. The image that I have shown is the sportscar & touring car circuit. F1 cars will use the Senna S & the new Curva do Sol, simply because there isn't enough run off for F1 cars at T1. For some lower level races the old T3 can be used as opposed to the new S do Lago, but again there isn't enough run off there for F1 cars.

Old 18 Mar 2006, 01:28 (Ref:1551619)   #12
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Here's the full sized image after all. It also shows the massive extention of the paddock, incorporating hospitality suites etc that could be used year round adding more intrest for the circuit outside of GP weekends. In blue are the extended grandstands, all of which have been rebuilt & are covered to provide protection from the glare of the sun.

Old 18 Mar 2006, 16:38 (Ref:1551937)   #13
mandretti39
Veteran

Lithuania
Clay, NY USA
mandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is my go...

Old 18 Mar 2006, 18:05 (Ref:1552004)   #14
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
Here is my take on Interlagos. I think it's simple, my main problem is the speeds down the main straight. Anybody got any ideas, other than a chicane, to slow them down?

I hate the mickey mouse section at the end of the current lap.
Attached Thumbnails
Interlagos.PNG  
Old 18 Mar 2006, 18:52 (Ref:1552049)   #15
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Mandretti-why on earth have you decided to get rid of Mergulho. It is one of the most popular corners on the track amongst drivers & yet you would still get rid of it. I think that would be a real shame as it really is a challenging corner. Also I don't like your esse onto Retaro as it isn't slow enough to provide a real overtaking oppertunity & yet it isn't fast enough to be a really challenging corner. I aint to keen on your Ferradura as well. It is quite tight enough as it is without making it more so. It also doesn't leave enough run off from Pinheirinho.
Martin-does your revision extend beyond the boundaries of the current circuit? If it does then it would be very difficult to build as the area around the circuit is heavily buil on already, although I wouldnt worry too much about the speeds on the straight. It wouldn't raise them that much above what they are now & they aren't that high compared with many other circuits. However, I do think that it would be a shame to get rid of the in-field. It may not be terribly exciting but it is a well liked part of the track & very much part of the character. If it's good enough for Senna then it's good enough for me!
Any views on my edit?

Old 18 Mar 2006, 19:03 (Ref:1552062)   #16
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
AF: I don't think my edit does that mate, in that, the only section I changed really was the whole twisty infield bit, which despite being part of the character, is really uninspiring IMO. I'm a huge Senna fan, but I hate that part of the circuit. My new Juncao section would be on the straight leading upto the old Ferradura from the old Curva 4. I looked on some aerial maps, and there didn't appear to be any buildings there, I could however, be wrong.

As for your revision AF, again very good. But man, it would be so quick, and so dangerous; and there's not much run is there around the old Curva One, Two Three and Four etc? is there? I like the idea of reinstating the old Juncao. One thing is for sure, that would produce some insane sportscar speeds!

Here is my edit; with facilities included;

Old 19 Mar 2006, 01:05 (Ref:1552430)   #17
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
As I said F1 would have to use the current Senna S & the chicane at T3 to keep it safe as there isn't enough run off for F1 speed cars. However, the old Juncao would not produce speeds on the straight that are much greater than those encountered there today. In context 200mph isn't reached on the straight at the moment & there is enough run off at T1 for the speeds to be increased to around 200mph safely. As you can see in my overhead run off in all areas has been increased over what is currently there, as well as the track being widened so I can't see why the circuit would really be that dangerous. All that the added speed would mean is that corners like the Senna S & the Lake chicane would have to be used instead of the originals, while the faster parts could be used safely for touring cars, some GT races & the Brazilian stock car series, turning those races into much more of a spectacle.

Old 19 Mar 2006, 09:41 (Ref:1552592)   #18
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
Cheers mate that clears it up; it's a very cool design. Would the F1 cars, encroach onto the old straight between Curva 2 and Curva 3 after the Senna-S, or follow a similar route to the current circuit?
Old 19 Mar 2006, 11:22 (Ref:1552636)   #19
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mandretti, i'd say your's is the best so far - very nice . I might even cook up a slight edit on that one.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 11:41 (Ref:1552647)   #20
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
Here's my go,

Old 19 Mar 2006, 15:42 (Ref:1552792)   #21
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
T_R the exit of your new Juncao would drive through a lake

And like AF said; what is with getting rid of Mergulho?
Old 19 Mar 2006, 17:27 (Ref:1552856)   #22
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Martin in response to your question the F1 cars would join the Retaro straight & would then use the Lake chicane at the end of that straight. It would make the straight after Curva do Sol longer but not hugely so + it would give better overtaking oppertunities at the end of the straight. There are really loads of different circuits that can be used that are suited to each series needs & safety levels.

T_R I really don't like that. I hate that chicane onto the Retaro Straight & I aint too keen on the new T4. What is it about getting rid of Mergulho? It is a drivers favourite & a challenging corner from a technical piont of view. It is a good corner so why the urge to change it?

Old 19 Mar 2006, 17:48 (Ref:1552863)   #23
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysfirst
Martin in response to your question the F1 cars would join the Retaro straight & would then use the Lake chicane at the end of that straight. It would make the straight after Curva do Sol longer but not hugely so + it would give better overtaking oppertunities at the end of the straight. There are really loads of different circuits that can be used that are suited to each series needs & safety levels.
Cheers Mate; It's a very cool track. Personally, I find Interlagos a tricky one to edit. Looks like there's so much to do, and really; there isn't/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysfirst
T_R I really don't like that. I hate that chicane onto the Retaro Straight & I aint too keen on the new T4. What is it about getting rid of Mergulho? It is a drivers favourite & a challenging corner from a technical piont of view. It is a good corner so why the urge to change it?
I agree; Mergulho is perhaps one of the better corners on the circuit.
Old 19 Mar 2006, 18:40 (Ref:1552879)   #24
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin-1
T_R the exit of your new Juncao would drive through a lake

And like AF said; what is with getting rid of Mergulho?
Concerning Juncão, i know it would be a fairly tight fit .

As i might not have stated satisfactoringly (word?) enough, my version was somewhat of a re-fix of Mandretti's. I thought about reinstating Mergulho, as we can easily agree it's one of the better corners on the track. However, i was in a bit of a hurry, so i didn't quite make it . There would be trouble combining it with the new Juncão too, runoffwise, as there'd be very little room, so the exit of Mergulho would have had to be changed somewhat anyhow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysfirst
T_R I really don't like that. I hate that chicane onto the Retaro Straight & I aint too keen on the new T4.
I see your point, however, we must think safety here. Having a straight run on the Retão would mean very high speeds, and given that Curva 2 and the new Juncão would be fairly high speed, we're looking at a high-speed section all the way from the exit of the Senna S's until PinheÃ*rinho. That wouldn't work, as there isn't sufficient room for extending runoff and such. Also, i feel it'd be a bit boring . I feel my chicane is pretty nice, perhaps it should be loosened a bit on the exit though.
Old 20 Mar 2006, 17:21 (Ref:1555046)   #25
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
heres my go:

I wanted to keep the senna 's', I feel it is a great corner, I tightened it anyway.
I slowed down the section before the pits to make the pit enterance safer as the cars come frighteningly close to that wall on the racing line. Descido Do Lago comes earlier now, this is for more run - off as the lake is quite close to that corner. Juncau is my least favourite corner on that track, its so slow, so i replaced it with a fast downhill - uphill merghullo. the roads highlighted blue are alternitive routes.

Last edited by nickyf1; 16 Sep 2006 at 14:11.