Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 24 Jun 2017, 20:19 (Ref:3746498)   #276
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Normally GT3 cars are pretty solid but we've seen some reliability issues, major and minor.

Race has settled down now. Got about 5 or 6 cars that could win this. 50 Ferrari, handful of Mercedes and of course Bentley still have to find a way to throw away a potential win.
I love the blancpain gt series, but this race has never caught my interest and i got bored after a while watching it. I think the reason is the combination of the late race start time with so much of the race being at sunset and night and because Paul Richard is not the most TV watchable track.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 20:22 (Ref:3746499)   #277
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Do all the lights and the car number lights have to be working?

4: left side car number not working
8: right rear working only intermittently
8: right side car number not lit
50: all OK I think
7: right side car number not lit
90: left side car number not lit
87: right side car number not lit

Last edited by gert; 24 Jun 2017 at 20:27.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 20:33 (Ref:3746502)   #278
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I love the blancpain gt series, but this race has never caught my interest and i got bored after a while watching it. I think the reason is the combination of the late race start time with so much of the race being at sunset and night and because Paul Richard is not the most TV watchable track.

100% agree.

Mercedes #84 also with engine failure
Old 24 Jun 2017, 20:34 (Ref:3746503)   #279
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Track isn't interesting and it's a 6 hour race less than a week after the Le Mans 24. It isn't the best combination.

I'm exactly the same by the way. I love Blancpain but this race is one I struggle with. But I'm trying something new for the first time and am making notes and going to write a race report (those here are free to critique it if they want). That's giving me a new slant on things. Noticing trends I wouldn't normally notice.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 20:45 (Ref:3746506)   #280
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Note to the TV directors: the race may not be THAT interesting at this phase, but that party is even less interesting.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 20:46 (Ref:3746507)   #281
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Note to the TV directors: the race may not be THAT interesting at this phase, but that party is even less interesting.
Similarly, having drivers do dances on a TV graphic does not make it fun.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 20:51 (Ref:3746508)   #282
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Pierguidi pits with 69 minutes to go, so he'll have to stop again in the last 4 minutes
Old 24 Jun 2017, 20:51 (Ref:3746509)   #283
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Yeah the stint length rules mean that doesn't work.

But they've done fuel only so might make it work. Not sure on this.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 20:55 (Ref:3746510)   #284
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
65 minutes to go. Everyone has to do 1 more stop now.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 20:56 (Ref:3746511)   #285
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Yeah the stint length rules mean that doesn't work.

But they've done fuel only so might make it work. Not sure on this.
Well they have now forced Bentley to not take tires either or lose track position.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 20:57 (Ref:3746512)   #286
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
72 takes fuel and tires (and driver)

Is AF Corse still running the SMP car? If so, they've nicely split the stategy between their own car and the 72 SMP car.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 20:59 (Ref:3746513)   #287
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Well they have now forced Bentley to not take tires either or lose track position.
Nevermind it just broke.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 21:01 (Ref:3746514)   #288
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
doh!
Old 24 Jun 2017, 21:04 (Ref:3746515)   #289
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
I don't understand the Ferrari strategy. They double stunted the tyres and stopped early, which would pish Bentley into double stinting. But it would force another stop for the Ferrari so the Bentley would be able to cruise around slowly and preserve the tyres whilst the Ferrari would have to thunder round. Its a lose lose for Ferrari.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 21:08 (Ref:3746516)   #290
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
I don't understand the Ferrari strategy. They double stunted the tyres and stopped early, which would pish Bentley into double stinting. But it would force another stop for the Ferrari so the Bentley would be able to cruise around slowly and preserve the tyres whilst the Ferrari would have to thunder round. Its a lose lose for Ferrari.
I think the 50 had to stop early because they stopped the earliest of all early stoppers.
(2 extra times in Lathouras' first run)
Since they could only do 65 minutes they were bound to a late splash anyway.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 21:09 (Ref:3746517)   #291
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Seems a bit odd they boxed themselves into that corner.

Reliability issues for a lot of big runners suggests the Spa 24 might be more about last man standing. That's basically what has happened today. So many cars out that the uncompetitive Audis are up to 6-7-8-9.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 21:12 (Ref:3746518)   #292
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Seems a bit odd they boxed themselves into that corner.

Reliability issues for a lot of big runners suggests the Spa 24 might be more about last man standing. That's basically what has happened today.
I think they had an issue, because Lathouras stopped 2 times in about 10 minutes.
Both under yellow, but still.

So, that strategy may not be by choice.

--

Track limits are still a joke.
More here than anywhere else.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 21:17 (Ref:3746521)   #293
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
They must've be on the same strategy as the 4. Stopping twice in 10 minutes would've just extended their current stint slightly. So I think they'd have been about in line with the 4 Mercedes, which has turned out to be not the optimum strategy.

Track limits was ok(ish) for 3 hours until all the rubber markers were removed. And now it's night they've stopped warning cars. They're off the road at every corner.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 21:17 (Ref:3746522)   #294
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
lapped traffic is not particularly helpful
Old 24 Jun 2017, 21:20 (Ref:3746523)   #295
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Nissan looks horrible to drive. All over the place. Lots of power, no grip.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 21:20 (Ref:3746524)   #296
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
They must've be on the same strategy as the 4. Stopping twice in 10 minutes would've just extended their current stint slightly.
I think the 50 stopped just a few laps earlier than the early stoppers (i.e. anybody except the 4,18, 98, 99)
Old 24 Jun 2017, 21:22 (Ref:3746525)   #297
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
I think the 50 stopped just a few laps earlier than the early stoppers (i.e. anybody except the 4,18, 98, 99)
In the first SC that'll be then as there was only 10 minutes or so between them. First SC had only a few pit. Second SC had the big group of early stoppers. And then there was those who stayed out till the end of the limit.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 21:25 (Ref:3746527)   #298
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
In the first SC that'll be then as there was only 10 minutes or so between them. First SC had only a few pit. Second SC had the big group of early stoppers. And then there was those who stayed out till the end of the limit.
I can't remember. It may as well have been when it was Full Yellow just before the safety car came. Sometime it was a lengthy yellow and then suddenly SC after a few laps.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 21:30 (Ref:3746528)   #299
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
And now the 4 has died. This is a strange race.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 21:30 (Ref:3746530)   #300
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Another front runner with problems (#4)

What do we need to win in Spa? An Audi? A Porsche? An Aston Martin maybe?