Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 25 Apr 2017, 15:08 (Ref:3729150)   #1
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Dale Earnhardt, Jr. to Retire

At the end of 2017, Dale Jr. will retire. Hard to believe he's 42!

I think many of us anticipated this but it's a bit surprising....
Old 25 Apr 2017, 20:59 (Ref:3729193)   #2
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
At the end of 2017, Dale Jr. will retire. Hard to believe he's 42!

I think many of us anticipated this but it's a bit surprising....
I was surprised it didn't happen last year. Good for him, though!
Old 26 Apr 2017, 03:41 (Ref:3729225)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hopefully the pressure is off, and Jr can go out and have some fun the rest of the season.

A shame to see him retire, but an injury as he had sometimes makes you value what you have outside the car as well..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 27 Apr 2017, 21:10 (Ref:3729553)   #4
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Hopefully the pressure is off, and Jr can go out and have some fun the rest of the season.

A shame to see him retire, but an injury as he had sometimes makes you value what you have outside the car as well..
In a way I'm happy. Never met him (I'm the wrong side of the Atlantic) but he comes across as a real nice guy and given the knocks he's taken I worry another could do some real serious harm.

I hope he can have some good runs, without any pressures and put on a good show for his adoring fans before hanging up the helmet.
Old 27 Apr 2017, 23:27 (Ref:3729567)   #5
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I shall be sorry to see him go. Not great on the short tracks but fearless on the fast open ones. I know he's always worried what his dad may have thought of him but I'm sure Dale Snr wuold have been proud of the man Jnr became.
Old 28 Apr 2017, 22:30 (Ref:3729764)   #6
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually called this, at the end of last season. When it was announced that he would be cleared to drive for the 2017 season. I said he would return, run a season and retire. I sited, at that time it would be so that he could go out on his own terms, not have someone or something make that decision for him.

This is not the first time that a decision like this has been made. Richard Petty's father, Lee, did the same thing. Seriously injured in the 1961 Daytona 500, he was lucky that he even survived. They said that he would not ever drive again. He came back the following year, ran the season and announced his retirement. The reason, he wanted to go out on his own terms. History always repeats itself.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 14:26 (Ref:3730102)   #7
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
At the end of 2017, Dale Jr. will retire. Hard to believe he's 42!.
Dale Sr was 49 when he died. Doesn't seem that long ago. Where on earth does life go?
Old 1 May 2017, 13:22 (Ref:3730351)   #8
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Dale Sr was 49 when he died. Doesn't seem that long ago. Where on earth does life go?
Yeah, that's crazy.

I watched he and Matt Kennseth battle in a Busch Series race at Darlington and it seems like it was just 5 years ago. Nope, that was about 20 years ago.

That race featured Dick Trickle, too.
Old 12 Jul 2017, 16:14 (Ref:3750733)   #9
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Speaking of Matt Kenseth, he will be replaced by Erik Jones at Joe Gibbs Racing in 2018.
Old 24 Jul 2017, 17:02 (Ref:3753996)   #10
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
JR to help improve NBC's coverage of NASCAR, post racing, maybe?

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/n...z12m0kgalf99o5
Old 21 Nov 2018, 12:40 (Ref:3864728)   #11
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interview with Joe Rogan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BTNmNpoAro
Old 22 Nov 2018, 00:16 (Ref:3864885)   #12
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
I posted this in the main nascar thread but it certainly is more appropriate hear. Awesome interview.