Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 1 Feb 2007, 02:02 (Ref:1830747)   #76
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The design is brilliant but it's too big. There should be a 800x600 version of liquid. Also, am I the only person that has too wait for a long time for a page to load up even though I'm using high speed broadband?
Old 1 Feb 2007, 07:13 (Ref:1830820)   #77
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor
The design is brilliant but it's too big. There should be a 800x600 version of liquid. Also, am I the only person that has too wait for a long time for a page to load up even though I'm using high speed broadband?
For normal users the current "Liquid" fits into 800x600 without horizontal scroll bars (Certainly on IE7 and FireFox on Windows XP) and as for loading times, this page took under 3 seconds to load including adverts. With adverts off it's generally slightly faster.

The attachment shows FireFox at 800x600 with adverts off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tenths800x600.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	349.3 KB
ID:	17769  
Old 1 Feb 2007, 07:20 (Ref:1830825)   #78
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Arrgh, you're right, I'm wrong, IE7 doesn't fit it into 800x600 for some reason. I was sure I'd tested that combination. Actually 80% of people visiting the site are doing so at 1024x768 or higher resolution where it certainly does fit, but for the tiny <5% that use 800x600 it's back to the drawing board
Old 2 Feb 2007, 10:01 (Ref:1831684)   #79
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Ok, after a little bit of moving things around on the top menus the new design will fit onto an 800x600 display without horizontal scroll bars (except for a couple of places in the "My CP")
Old 2 Feb 2007, 20:14 (Ref:1832135)   #80
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON
You could test Vista's ability to work with PayPal by sending £500 to MagnetON Enterprises, C/O....
It works... On Vista Enterprise anyway
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	itworks.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	17776  

Last edited by Cryos; 2 Feb 2007 at 20:17.

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 6 Feb 2007, 09:48 (Ref:1834567)   #81
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Right, when Samsung get my monitor changed under warranty (scheduled for today) I shall try again on the Vista Business I have installed.

Regards

Jim
Old 5 Mar 2007, 12:18 (Ref:1858864)   #82
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
It's still causing me problems. Latest thing is I can't get into "Recent Posts" cos the option to click on most recent is hidden behind an impenetrable red rectangle.
Old 5 Mar 2007, 12:23 (Ref:1858866)   #83
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14
It's still causing me problems. Latest thing is I can't get into "Recent Posts" cos the option to click on most recent is hidden behind an impenetrable red rectangle.
This seems to happen only occasionally when Google decide to send a "Flash" animated advert. I could just say that the quick fix is... "subscribe and turn adverts off", however I'll take a look and see if there's any way to change the layout to make it work with this type of advert.
Old 5 Mar 2007, 18:22 (Ref:1859075)   #84
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
or switch to advatars instead of banners :P

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 7 Mar 2007, 12:33 (Ref:1860540)   #85
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Ok, I've put the "New / Today" posts into the navigation bar as links instead of the "pop-up" menu, and I've also removed the Search "pop-up" menu and moved it up to beside the username / PM information.
Old 7 Mar 2007, 12:55 (Ref:1860560)   #86
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cheers Magnet, that's better, I had trouble with the "new posts" button at the weekend but your fix should work.

Keep up the hard work, we do appreciate it!
Old 7 Mar 2007, 12:57 (Ref:1860562)   #87
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, that's neat - thank you.

Jim
Old 7 Mar 2007, 13:42 (Ref:1860594)   #88
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON
Ok, I've put the "New / Today" posts into the navigation bar as links instead of the "pop-up" menu, and I've also removed the Search "pop-up" menu and moved it up to beside the username / PM information.
Excellent. [/montyburns]

(Once I found it...shows how attuned to routine one gets...MUST BREAK MOULD!!!!)
Old 7 Mar 2007, 13:51 (Ref:1860606)   #89
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Excellent. [/montyburns]

(Once I found it...shows how attuned to routine one gets...MUST BREAK MOULD!!!!)
Tell me about it, I've been moving the mouse to exactly the wrong place all morning!