Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 8 Jul 2015, 13:29 (Ref:3556752)   #1
David A Scott
Rookie

Canada
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
David A Scott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Round 7: Mobil 1 Sports Car GP of Mosport

Didn't see a thread for this so I thought that I'd jump in and start it. Unfortunately, due to restrictions at work, I cannot post links to the entry list or the track map. I did manage to print it of and there is a slim entry of 24 cars (P/GTLM/LMPC) for the big event. Also on the ticket is the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge, the Cooper Tires Prototype Lites, Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge and the Mazda MX5 Cup.

I'll be working there on Saturday and Sunday. Won't know which corner until the morning of. Doesn't matter as there is no bad corner at Mosport. Best road racing track in North America, in my opinion.

Anyone here going?

***************************************************************************************

Schedule

Entry List

Weather

Spotters Guide

Track Map

Fantasy Racing

Last edited by joeb; 11 Jul 2015 at 12:47.
Old 8 Jul 2015, 15:25 (Ref:3556776)   #2
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep, Mosport is one of the best ones.

L.P.
Old 8 Jul 2015, 17:05 (Ref:3556810)   #3
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
pick 'em for anyone interested: http://nasportscar.com/2014-tusc-pick-em/
Old 9 Jul 2015, 00:06 (Ref:3556883)   #4
The Happy Track Fan
Racer

Canada
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
The Happy Track Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cant wait. Will be there for two days.

Picking BMW with Luhr and Edwards to win GTLM.

Picking Negri and Pew to get a win in the Ligier. Mosport is perfectly suited to that car, and Oz will be fast.

Picking Mirco and Renger to win again in the Starworks LMPC.

Also picking Scott Maxwell to drive like a man on a mission to help get the Shelby it's first win in GS for the Conti race on Saturday.
Old 9 Jul 2015, 02:50 (Ref:3556902)   #5
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anyone know what engine the Mazda's will be running?
Old 9 Jul 2015, 10:22 (Ref:3556952)   #6
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entry list. http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...tEntryList.pdf
Old 9 Jul 2015, 12:10 (Ref:3556976)   #7
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
Does anyone know what engine the Mazda's will be running?
according to the entrylist, both mazda's are using IMSA diesel... so...
why the starworks riley keeps on appearing in every entry list?
Old 9 Jul 2015, 12:35 (Ref:3556980)   #8
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
according to the entrylist, both mazda's are using IMSA diesel... so...
why the starworks riley keeps on appearing in every entry list?
The starworks dp may have paid the full season entry in hopes of finding drivers. The Mazda diesels were also full season so that is how they appear on the list. For now....
Old 9 Jul 2015, 22:30 (Ref:3557136)   #9
HighParker
Racer

Canada
Toronto
HighParker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
according to the entrylist, both mazda's are using IMSA diesel...
One of them has been withdrawn.
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/ct...sday-notebook/
Weather forecast at the moment looks good for the weekend, with little to no chance of rain on Friday and Saturday, 30% for Sunday.
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/hou...tario/new-park

Last edited by HighParker; 9 Jul 2015 at 22:55.
Old 9 Jul 2015, 23:11 (Ref:3557139)   #10
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Have fun David - and stay safe!

Hope you can make it to one of the iconic tracks in the US as well in the not too far future.
Old 10 Jul 2015, 00:21 (Ref:3557154)   #11
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighParker View Post
One of them has been withdrawn.
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/ct...sday-notebook/
Weather forecast at the moment looks good for the weekend, with little to no chance of rain on Friday and Saturday, 30% for Sunday.
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/hou...tario/new-park
MP just tweeted that the petrol powered car showed great speed at their mosport test, yet they are sticking with a single diesel.

I do wonder why they don't just run both. If they are concerned about making diesel look bad then just run the gas powered version until the other car gets converted. Or is there some technical reason not to run the gas version yet? What does the series think about a major engine change mid season? With all the support Mazda gives to the series I'd have to think they are fine with it. Would love to hear more info on the reasons here this weekend.
Old 10 Jul 2015, 02:25 (Ref:3557172)   #12
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
MP just tweeted that the petrol powered car showed great speed at their mosport test, yet they are sticking with a single diesel.

I do wonder why they don't just run both. If they are concerned about making diesel look bad then just run the gas powered version until the other car gets converted. Or is there some technical reason not to run the gas version yet? What does the series think about a major engine change mid season? With all the support Mazda gives to the series I'd have to think they are fine with it. Would love to hear more info on the reasons here this weekend.
Wouldn't it be great to have this kind of budget to play around with? Where did I go wrong?

I think the diesel idea is so 2009 and these guys aren't really gathering much useful data. Run the GAS (this America, joeb) powered for the fans and let's see what the chassis still has.

Either way, Mosport is top 3 in my NA tracks and looking forward to viewing this one. When is it? I'm lost without the standard joeb post #1 these days.
Old 10 Jul 2015, 04:53 (Ref:3557203)   #13
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So PC replaced GTD? Well that suck for Canada. Why they do it?
Old 11 Jul 2015, 12:49 (Ref:3557537)   #14
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Either way, Mosport is top 3 in my NA tracks and looking forward to viewing this one. When is it? I'm lost without the standard joeb post #1 these days.
Man, can't a guy take a vacation? Anyways, check that first post again and I think you will see what you are looking for!
Old 11 Jul 2015, 14:46 (Ref:3557559)   #15
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
practice is on now...

wow I never thought they will show practices

http://www.fanschoice.tv/watch-live/imsa/tudor
Old 11 Jul 2015, 20:01 (Ref:3557595)   #16
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
divxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heck of a Conti race, especially the ST lead battle. Mosport always delivers, truly the best track for racing in North America.
Old 11 Jul 2015, 21:50 (Ref:3557618)   #17
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looked up the qualifying times just set now and comparing it to 2014 at CTMP. The GTLM pole winner is about 1 second closer to the Prototype pole winner this year compared to last.
Old 11 Jul 2015, 21:51 (Ref:3557619)   #18
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope there is no split start for this race. The GTLM class looked silly at Long Beach just being an 8 car group by themselves. Don't do that here. I thought at the start of the year to that split starts was just for the 4 class races.
Old 11 Jul 2015, 22:50 (Ref:3557628)   #19
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good Conti race.

The little ST class sometimes put up the better race. GS did have some good racing in the middle thought.

Makes me wish there was a GTU class in the main series and at lemans.
Old 12 Jul 2015, 12:09 (Ref:3557819)   #20
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Conti race was superb, as usual - what a great series.
Old 12 Jul 2015, 13:44 (Ref:3557840)   #21
ttdriver2009
Racer

ttdriver2009 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to the GS field? Checked the results and only 11 cars? Just a few years ago they had around 30 cars in that class.
Old 12 Jul 2015, 16:04 (Ref:3557870)   #22
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Edit - Ignore me, the cars are going on the formation lap now.
Old 12 Jul 2015, 16:08 (Ref:3557873)   #23
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
LMPC.....
Old 12 Jul 2015, 16:10 (Ref:3557874)   #24
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Well done Cummings, I hope that your splitter isn't too badly damaged...
Old 12 Jul 2015, 16:32 (Ref:3557877)   #25
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm not ashamed to say that this is the first USCC race I'm watching since Long Beach.