Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 Dec 2016, 13:24 (Ref:3695807)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Spa Summer Classic

Faetures the second running of the Spa 3hrs. The meeting also includes CSCC races. Iberian Historic Endurance cars will join the 3hr as a round of their series.
Old 6 Feb 2017, 12:04 (Ref:3710464)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Full info, regs etc., now on the web-

http://www.spa3hours.com/

http://spasummerclassic.com/en/ardennes.html

Old 6 Feb 2017, 13:09 (Ref:3710481)   #3
Rikki Cann
Racer

England
Rochford Essex
Rikki Cann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got to do this this year, I wonder if our V8 Aston would be eligible as its not an FIA car? its a club race car built to AMOC intermarque spec.
Old 6 Feb 2017, 16:18 (Ref:3710509)   #4
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We raced one of the E Types last year and did not have HTP papers. Give it a try.Look forward to watching go through Eau. Rouge
Old 6 Feb 2017, 17:59 (Ref:3710526)   #5
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shouldnt need papers as its not an FIA sanctioned event.
Old 6 Feb 2017, 18:16 (Ref:3710533)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
Shouldnt need papers as its not an FIA sanctioned event.
The link I posted points towards the regulations, and they are very clear that FIA HTPs are not mandatory. I reckon anyone interested should approach the organisers for consideration!

The tyre requirements are also in the regs.

Old 6 Feb 2017, 21:53 (Ref:3710565)   #7
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the British end of this is being administered b the CSCC, so give them a call about eligibility regs, Rikki.
Old 7 Feb 2017, 06:33 (Ref:3710621)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I think the British end of this is being administered b the CSCC, so give them a call about eligibility regs, Rikki.
Really? According to the Regs (link in first post) the 3hr is Vincent Collard and Diogo Ferrao's show.

Iain, I've got three emails regarding the event so far, and the classes are (as you say) same as last year. That will include the Iberian Historic Endurance cars running on Yokohama or ZZ tyres. I think it may be the odd one of those you refer to.....
Old 7 Feb 2017, 06:47 (Ref:3710622)   #9
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Really? According to the Regs (link in first post) the 3hr is Vincent Collard and Diogo Ferrao's show.
Yes, it's their show, Mike, but cscc are handling and promoting the UK involvement I think. I don't know the details of the arrangement but it has certainly been part of the CSCC promotion at Autosport and Race Retro.
Old 7 Feb 2017, 07:13 (Ref:3710628)   #10
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Yes, it's their show, Mike, but cscc are handling and promoting the UK involvement I think. I don't know the details of the arrangement but it has certainly been part of the CSCC promotion at Autosport and Race Retro.
I think the 'Ardennes Challenge' is the co-promoted event with CSCC and BSS, but am happy to be proved wrong!
Old 7 Feb 2017, 09:17 (Ref:3710653)   #11
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Im going to enter our Sports 2000.
Old 7 Feb 2017, 11:44 (Ref:3710682)   #12
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I think the 'Ardennes Challenge' is the co-promoted event with CSCC and BSS, but am happy to be proved wrong!
The website - in English - invites direct application. Watch this space...
Old 9 Feb 2017, 12:59 (Ref:3711210)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I currently get paid in Euros thus it makes little difference.
Old 9 Feb 2017, 16:19 (Ref:3711238)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I currently get paid in Euros thus it makes little difference.
Stop showing off, Peter!
Old 9 Feb 2017, 16:41 (Ref:3711241)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Lol. Yes I thought that after posting.
Old 9 Feb 2017, 17:31 (Ref:3711251)   #16
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Lol. Yes I thought that after posting.
It will all change after we've left- you'll be begging to be paid in sterling again......
Old 10 Feb 2017, 12:25 (Ref:3711388)   #17
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
It will all change after we've left- you'll be begging to be paid in sterling again......
Well either that or DMarks if they have been re-introduced in the meantime.

Of course that assumes anything significant happens before Peter retires and receives pension payments in peanuts.

Old 10 Feb 2017, 12:50 (Ref:3711391)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
A dying art I'm afraid. Round here farmers just drive along the road with their disc cutters and rip the hedges to pieces. There's nothing like a nicely lain hedge.
Does Iain know about this hedge thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Well either that or DMarks if they have been re-introduced in the meantime.

Of course that assumes anything significant happens before Peter retires and receives pension payments in peanuts.
I suspect Lira before the D Mark.
Old 10 Feb 2017, 14:12 (Ref:3711400)   #19
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
So much for Max's tappytalk.....
Old 10 Feb 2017, 23:03 (Ref:3711462)   #20
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

I suspect Lira before the D Mark.
Possibly, but would you want to be paid in Lira .... any sort of Lira .... by choice?
Old 9 Feb 2017, 17:44 (Ref:3711253)   #21
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Is Brit humor be recognized by UNESCO as a jewel of world heritage yet? If not, it should. Right now.
Old 9 Feb 2017, 20:08 (Ref:3711275)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Lol. Others who are more clever than I will tell you about hedging. 😉
Old 10 Feb 2017, 07:48 (Ref:3711355)   #23
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A dying art I'm afraid. Round here farmers just drive along the road with their disc cutters and rip the hedges to pieces. There's nothing like a nicely lain hedge.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 13 May 2017, 17:37 (Ref:3733258)   #24
PeterY
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
PeterY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a truck going and space for 2 cars if anyone is interested in getting their car taken out there, max height of cars can be 1200mm. Truck will be leaving Oxfordshire (15min from deltas workshop) early Wednesday morning

Drop me an email if interested peter(at)spy-motorsport.co.uk
Old 14 May 2017, 18:48 (Ref:3733468)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterY View Post
I have a truck going and space for 2 cars if anyone is interested in getting their car taken out there, max height of cars can be 1200mm. Truck will be leaving Oxfordshire (15min from deltas workshop) early Wednesday morning

Drop me an email if interested peter(at)spy-motorsport.co.uk
Sounds interesting email sent