Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 8 Aug 2015, 01:36 (Ref:3564517)   #1
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Drink ACO Entry Graphs

Hello

In order to prevent spamming into multiple threads, my entry graphs will from now on be placed here, and only here.

Graph 1) ACO-FIA World Sportscars
Graph 2) ACO Regionals (ELMS/ASLMS/USCC-NAEC)

These are new modernized versions of my old graphs, and they integrate different series in them instead of being separate.

Whenever I'll get around updating them, they will be posted here on separate posts due to there not being option to edit posts after the short time limit (yeah I know ). The line "updated XXX-X XXXX" tells you which series has been modified.

I recommend on viewing full size, obviously. Suggestions, corrections and feedback appreciated.

I also have some old LM graph stuff there that might, or might not get updated at some point. DPs here.

These are mainly for my own 'fun' but enjoy, if possible

Last edited by Deleted; 8 Aug 2015 at 02:00.
Old 8 Aug 2015, 02:54 (Ref:3564522)   #2
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I really like data, so these graphs are great in my opinion.

I also thought it might be fun to have a competition of sorts to try and predict the next year or two of entries. Most of those graphs have a pretty clear trend, but could rule changes in the series make a difference in entry numbers?
Old 8 Aug 2015, 21:25 (Ref:3564664)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Cool graphs. It shows some ebb and flow.

Do we get more P1 going forward as we might get some more privateers??? It's them that grow the quantity, if not the quality.

Interesting.

For Le Mans it would be interesting to see the classes as they change going back to, er, the beginning. (Always an easy thing to say when it is someone else's effort! ) Can we learn anything about the rise and fall of eras and classes? I feel the ACO manage things more nowadays.
Old 8 Aug 2015, 23:26 (Ref:3564689)   #4
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's the ELMS where the "managing" and changes in philosophies is most clear in the graph.

I don't know about predictions, LMP2 should stay around the same in the immediate future despite the new regs, even if some is lost to P1 (or even P3) with the scare of dumbified spec rules. It's the the class with most impact on all worldwide series right - other than GT3 of course - right now so there is an will be continuing demand. GTE will stay in the lower 20's for while at Le Mans because of bigger push for prototypes at the time, however they won't go below that as a) they are the only ACO GT class b) GT3 merger didn't happen c) million auto invites d) there is unwritten rule for somewhat balanced split amongst protos and GTs. The real interesting prospect is the LMP1, and there the non hybrids. Next year more the same, but 2017-2018 my prediction is 5-6 cars in total so around to the level of WEC 2012. Rebellions of course, Strakka, maybe Kolles, few Zytek ex teams showing interest not to mention the constructor itself, SMP etc... I think it's easy goal.

As for graph showing every class at Le Mans since beginning... the 1920's... ehhhhhh maybe someday :P it just gets bit shady earlier on with the micro classes and confusing continuity classifications and all

Anyway thanks for comments
Old 19 Aug 2015, 20:44 (Ref:3567016)   #5
Deleted
Veteran

Initial COTA projection draws more of the same with zero one-offs. And amateur-Oak has obviously given up for good post LM.

Old 20 Aug 2015, 00:00 (Ref:3567059)   #6
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow, Thanks! They are awesome!
Hopefully someone from TUSC will see
them and take note. The Asian LMS
looks to be in a hurt.
Old 20 Aug 2015, 11:20 (Ref:3567212)   #7
Deleted
Veteran

Atherton's office knows it all too well, but I don't think they mind/care...

PLM figures, not all too sure they can return it to upwards trend as no-one not already involved seems to be caring. Daytona will be high 40's or low 50's again with usual one-offs making it temporary rise, but after that again you could see sub 40 at Sebring and the other two, hmmh...
Old 20 Aug 2015, 14:07 (Ref:3567237)   #8
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I started putting together the data for Le Mans entries since the beginning. I got up to the first year it wasn't held before I went to bed last night.

Perhaps foolishly, I'm using Wikipedia as the only other site with detailed results was in French and not entirely easy to get into excel. A few of my go-to sites don't start listing consistent results until the 50's. Class structures so far haven't varied much, so that hasn't been any kind of problem.

I'm really surprised there isn't some sort of race summary website for the event. Something with text and story lines as opposed to just result data.
Old 20 Aug 2015, 14:12 (Ref:3567239)   #9
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
I started putting together the data for Le Mans entries since the beginning. I got up to the first year it wasn't held before I went to bed last night.

Perhaps foolishly, I'm using Wikipedia as the only other site with detailed results was in French and not entirely easy to get into excel. A few of my go-to sites don't start listing consistent results until the 50's. Class structures so far haven't varied much, so that hasn't been any kind of problem.

I'm really surprised there isn't some sort of race summary website for the event. Something with text and story lines as opposed to just result data.
RSC goes to the twenties
http://www.racingsportscars.com/race...rack=Le%20Mans

I use it for most of my Excel stuff but not solely, other sites and ancient PDFs help. Some details like tire types are much easier to find elsewhere. And of course RSC doesn't cover all series and events out there. And they have some mistakes in places too so it shouldn't be taken as the only source.

Remember that the car types do get mixed and crossed up in certain intervals, not only are classes renamed and promoted and removed but also cars are being thrown to other existing classes without much halo, it gets more difficult as longer in the past you go in distinguishing them. Details need to be looked at

Last edited by Deleted; 20 Aug 2015 at 14:20.
Old 20 Aug 2015, 14:56 (Ref:3567249)   #10
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Lol RSC was the site I was referencing. Turns out if you click 24 Hours from the gallery listing, you get incomplete data. Thanks for pointing that out!

So far groups/classes are based on engine size. Pretty objective for determining class counts.

I'll likely keep a few sets of data - one that introduces a new class every time there is a name change (e.g. LMP900 to LMP1) and then a second, more complicated set that will attempt to follow the development of the class (e.g how you still list GT2).
Old 20 Aug 2015, 15:42 (Ref:3567258)   #11
Deleted
Veteran

Yes the first one is seamless robot counting but the development curve is the difficult one

You only have to go as far as 1994 to find the GT1-masqueraded C1 Porsche/Dauer, now does one actually want to classify it along the continuum of Group C(1) or new 90's GT1? Then the C1/C2 classifications from FIA, with 3,5 liter cars only registering as C1 iand all the old C1s being demoted to C2 (where there also actual C2s), do you integrate the 3,5 liters to old C1 or call it separately "1991 C1". What about the C2 and lower, and GTP revisions. And and and

The line is only clear from current day to around high or mid-90's, and even there it's not as clear as with first clance

Last edited by Deleted; 20 Aug 2015 at 15:58.
Old 24 Sep 2015, 00:24 (Ref:3576506)   #12
Deleted
Veteran

I'm thinking of adding tire figures to these tables sometime later

Meanwhile updates on

- Nurburgring WEC FINAL
- COTA WEC FINAL
- Fuji WEC
PROJECTED
- HTTT ELMS FINAL
- Fuji ASLMS PROJECTED
- PLM NAEC PROJECTED

Old 6 Nov 2015, 00:22 (Ref:3588479)   #13
Deleted
Veteran

Updates

- Fuji WEC FINAL
- Fuji ASLMS FINAL
- PLM NAEC FINAL
- ELMS Estoril FINAL
- Shanghai WEC FINAL
- Bahrain WEC PROJECTED
- Sepang ASLMS PROJECTED
- Silverstone/2016 ELMS EVO

MGT3Cup and the proposed/possible Asian P3/CN series might get added next year to the reg tables since they are technically involved

I'll add the tires too next year, as said in the previous post. Well for ILMC/WEC/LM at least

Last edited by Deleted; 6 Nov 2015 at 00:28.
Old 6 Nov 2015, 08:39 (Ref:3588532)   #14
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Thanks Chiana, keep it up. The relatively flat lines in the AsLMS/NAEC charts tell a story all of their own.
Old 7 Nov 2015, 19:29 (Ref:3588836)   #15
Deleted
Veteran

I would have made charts on the full IMSA too, but the split class events and other nonsense would have fabricated the outlook too badly (also how do you add in old ALMS and Grandam to that in same table), so NAEC it is. Frankly it presents the true evolution better.

In ILMC/WEC chart I might integrate LMP1 into just one entity instead of the works and privateer split, just like with GT2, as that how I feel about the class anyway
Old 14 Nov 2015, 19:35 (Ref:3590407)   #16
Deleted
Veteran

Tires, phase 1

Some of the data has been corrected to conform with my "started cars only" policy

The new dark look will likely be implemented to the regular entry graphs as well

Last edited by Deleted; 14 Nov 2015 at 19:42.
Old 14 Nov 2015, 22:52 (Ref:3590449)   #17
Deleted
Veteran

Tires, phase 2

For ILMC+WEC

Old 15 Nov 2015, 03:03 (Ref:3590488)   #18
Deleted
Veteran

I was in the mood today, so here's new PLM as well (normal entries)

Old 15 Nov 2015, 09:44 (Ref:3590560)   #19
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's nice that you do this work, but would you mind making readable graphics again? You know, less shine and blink, horrible contrasts and color combinations, useless blur etc?

You took a good thing and made it worse, probably in the full conviction you're improving it. Maybe remember that's how FIA, IMSA and ACO are feeling about their work as well next time when you comment them
Old 15 Nov 2015, 13:00 (Ref:3590585)   #20
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
Straight up data is awesome. This looks like you were on ecstasy and speed
Old 15 Nov 2015, 14:28 (Ref:3590596)   #21
Deleted
Veteran

Oh okay.

I was gonna do minor changes to them (also the free image hosting makes the PNGs blurrier than they are in reality too), but now that you say it in such terms I realize putting an effort was waste of time anyways. That's the life lesson nr 1. Here's the quickly slapped together graph from raw data rows, enjoy