Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Jul 2011, 07:01 (Ref:2924928)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[iV8SC11-R16&17&18] Coates Hire Ipswich 300 - 19-21 August

Its on again... a fair time away...

With this long break.. who will win?

FPR? HRT? 888? SBR? PMM?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 11 Jul 2011, 07:09 (Ref:2924932)   #2
wechy
Rookie

New Zealand
WAIUKU
wechy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
888, 888, SBR
Old 12 Jul 2011, 14:16 (Ref:2925591)   #3
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm tipping that officials will say yet again that the venue is not up to standard and posture long and hard over the future of the event threatening to move it to India or Singapore.

As for the racing, T8 benefit one suspects.
Old 13 Jul 2011, 12:08 (Ref:2925986)   #4
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im heading up for that one..any tips for viewing, travel, parking? No smart answers please, just genuine tips if possible.
Old 14 Jul 2011, 09:17 (Ref:2926414)   #5
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklegend View Post
Im heading up for that one..any tips for viewing, travel, parking? No smart answers please, just genuine tips if possible.

Hey Mick,

you could join us camping at lease "D", and walk down to the track. As for viewing, just remeber the suns rises is the east and sets in the west. For action, turns 3 and 6 offer some good points, west side of 3, front on for 6. one to two is not bad from from the mound, the back straight 2-3 is alright, normaly some car clubs there as well. if you check out V8 Central forum, from the test day, there is some video taken at different points around the track that will help you out.

cheers
Old 14 Jul 2011, 10:38 (Ref:2926463)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Queensland Raceway is one of the few tracks you can walk all the way round... the seats in the 'grandstand' are good but are in direct sun.. offer a good view, the tents at the end of the track in the corporate precinct also offer good views... can't get too excited at the layout, but there are few spots where you cant see all the action!
Old 14 Jul 2011, 10:57 (Ref:2926469)   #7
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
Hey Mick,

you could join us camping at lease "D", and walk down to the track. As for viewing, just remeber the suns rises is the east and sets in the west. For action, turns 3 and 6 offer some good points, west side of 3, front on for 6. one to two is not bad from from the mound, the back straight 2-3 is alright, normaly some car clubs there as well. if you check out V8 Central forum, from the test day, there is some video taken at different points around the track that will help you out.

cheers
Thanks very much for the tip mate, ill be visiting rellos up the road in Toowoomba so will be right for a bed, i know its not the most outstanding circuit for layout but would rather view from where there is good action! I have heard roads in and out are rubbish, any clue on the best approach by road?
Old 14 Jul 2011, 22:06 (Ref:2926831)   #8
twinwebbers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
twinwebbers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The traffic management has got a lot better in the last few years. It's still a bit of a wait on the way out but most ways in are fine these days.
Old 15 Jul 2011, 09:30 (Ref:2926982)   #9
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklegend View Post
Thanks very much for the tip mate, ill be visiting rellos up the road in Toowoomba so will be right for a bed, i know its not the most outstanding circuit for layout but would rather view from where there is good action! I have heard roads in and out are rubbish, any clue on the best approach by road?
you can enter of the Cunnigham hwy, but like some of us, you may have to go out the back way to come into the back of Ipswich, or you could park up a lease "D" until about 6:30 then get a clear run. With the advent of the Centeneray Highway ext Yomanto, the traffic flow back to Bris is better, if you are heading south, Cunningham highway towards NSW is not bad.

worthwile to google map it.
Old 16 Jul 2011, 12:58 (Ref:2927406)   #10
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Quote:
you can enter of the Cunnigham hwy, but like some of us, you may have to go out the back way to come into the back of Ipswich, or you could park up a lease "D" until about 6:30 then get a clear run. With the advent of the Centeneray Highway ext Yomanto, the traffic flow back to Bris is better, if you are heading south, Cunningham highway towards NSW is not bad.

worthwile to google map it.
Cheers for that....
Old 13 Aug 2011, 11:52 (Ref:2939211)   #11
Christopher
Racer

Australia
Peak Crossing, Queensland.
Christopher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Might go out on Friday as its my birthday, apparentely its free for local's, thing is, I'm out at Peak Crossing not sure if I qualify, even though I'm closer to Willowbank then Ipswich.....
Old 16 Aug 2011, 05:53 (Ref:2941635)   #12
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Races 16 & 17 will be ad free and live!

Sounds pretty good to me, shame that it won't be replicated in NZ
Old 18 Aug 2011, 06:07 (Ref:2942365)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

... as SBR supports the Daniel Morcombe Foundation!
Old 18 Aug 2011, 15:34 (Ref:2942560)   #14
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!

Dane Child has produced an awesome v8 Supercar Spotter Guide which is now online at http://www.spotterguides.com
Old 18 Aug 2011, 21:31 (Ref:2942711)   #15
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1226117711298

nothing has changed then
Old 18 Aug 2011, 23:16 (Ref:2942737)   #16
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
[URL]nothing has changed then
nope, the drivers will still have to drive their cars for a change. its bumpy, harden up fellas, get over it. I could understand the bike guys having a whinge, but jeez....
Old 18 Aug 2011, 23:23 (Ref:2942739)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post

Dane Child has produced an awesome v8 Supercar Spotter Guide which is now online at http://www.spotterguides.com
Awesome work Andy & Dane
Old 18 Aug 2011, 23:25 (Ref:2942741)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
I am sure somebody will blame V8SA for the surface being crap. They seem to get blamed for everything else.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 01:21 (Ref:2942758)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
P1

Not a huge surprise.. but likely as quick as they will be all weekend...

And Mr Gaunt continues to show that the pace issue in #30 last year wasnt down to him...
Old 19 Aug 2011, 03:10 (Ref:2942776)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
P2

#16 is quick... but the weekend will get quicker!

There is no speed coming from #3's pilot I notice
Old 19 Aug 2011, 03:16 (Ref:2942777)   #21
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
P2

#16 is quick... but the weekend will get quicker!

There is no speed coming from #3's pilot I notice
To be fair some of it may be a bit tyre related, #33, 34 seem a bit lacking also!
Old 19 Aug 2011, 03:25 (Ref:2942780)   #22
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
To be fair some of it may be a bit tyre related, #33, 34 seem a bit lacking also!
And #88 and #888
Old 19 Aug 2011, 04:10 (Ref:2942793)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Ohope View Post
And #88 and #888
They are foxing.. as usual... No prizes for fastest on Friday!
Old 19 Aug 2011, 04:17 (Ref:2942794)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
P3

DJR 2-3

No surprise at P28
Old 19 Aug 2011, 04:51 (Ref:2942800)   #25
osrg
Racer

osrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridosrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
nope, the drivers will still have to drive their cars for a change. its bumpy, harden up fellas, get over it. I could understand the bike guys having a whinge, but jeez....
Ever driven it at speed in a full blown racecar? It's getting to the point now where it's genuinely dangerous, especially in a pack of cars at that point. I ran a few laps back in february in a mates 997 Cup Car and it's beyond bumpy, especially out of turn 2 where you have trouble getting the throttle on smoothly to begin your run down to 3 due to the undulations. The car moves around a hell of alot more than it should.

The surface can't be far off losing the top layer into 1 and exit of 2...... wouldn't surprise me if it happens this weekend.