Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Sep 2015, 01:57 (Ref:3574520)   #26
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
#8 Audi to the top in FP2 with a 1:47.6

Audi, Porsche, Porsche Audi sandwich at the top.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 04:05 (Ref:3574536)   #27
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Porsche put in a 1:47.442 to go fastest. I think they may be hitting 1:45's in qualifying.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 04:13 (Ref:3574539)   #28
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
It seems the same electrical problems that afflicted the #51 AF Corse car have reappeared in practice , DSC reports.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 08:56 (Ref:3574572)   #29
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
At risk of starting an off topic discussion it seems even with the new LMP1L BOP updates the Rebellions and CLM are stuck in no mans land. Far off the pace of even the Toyota and only just ahead of the LMP2s. I knew we weren't going to see them competing with the works cars but the performance updates don't seem to have added any performance.

Last edited by tux; 18 Sep 2015 at 09:08.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 13:39 (Ref:3574618)   #30
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I will be leaving for the track soon. If all goes well, I hope to post some photos tonight.

Richard
Old 18 Sep 2015, 14:32 (Ref:3574622)   #31
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What time does qualifying start in BST?
Old 18 Sep 2015, 14:35 (Ref:3574624)   #32
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
What time does qualifying start in BST?
(At +6 hours to BST) Quarter to midnight for GTE qualifying, quarter past for LMP.

The front page of the WEC website will do the conversion for you if you can access it.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 14:50 (Ref:3574627)   #33
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Holy crap, they are having this race at the same time as a Texas home game. Why, why do they continue to do this? I can only imagine how much hotel rooms are this weekend.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 15:33 (Ref:3574631)   #34
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Holy crap, they are having this race at the same time as a Texas home game. Why, why do they continue to do this? I can only imagine how much hotel rooms are this weekend.
Not sure if that was the case last year as well, but I can attest to rooms going at a premium. Even on the outskirts of Austin the prices were at least doubled. This was however quickly forgotten once I got to the track.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 15:38 (Ref:3574633)   #35
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Let the rumours commence!

Old 18 Sep 2015, 15:42 (Ref:3574634)   #36
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
And more fuel to fan them... https://twitter.com/PorscheRaces/sta...97747296890880
Old 18 Sep 2015, 15:44 (Ref:3574635)   #37
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

Is it April already?
Old 18 Sep 2015, 15:51 (Ref:3574637)   #38
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Would this be tacit confirmation that the 2016 919 will be competing in the 6MJ class?

Childish weight jokes aside, I don't see JPM moving away from Indycar just yet (you can thank Scott Dixon for that). But if the test goes ahead and Montoya impresses he would be a good alternative if Hulkenberg couldn't reprise his role at LM next year.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 16:04 (Ref:3574639)   #39
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Id rather drive in a Porsche lmp1 with a chance at winning Le Mans than Indycar. Besides, JPM already checked off the Indy 500 win a couple times.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 16:10 (Ref:3574640)   #40
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
(At +6 hours to BST) Quarter to midnight for GTE qualifying, quarter past for LMP.

The front page of the WEC website will do the conversion for you if you can access it.
Thanks, I have googled the answer, but since I trust neither myself nor the WEC site to get it right, I thought it best to double-check here...
Old 18 Sep 2015, 16:37 (Ref:3574651)   #41
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Id rather drive in a Porsche lmp1 with a chance at winning Le Mans than Indycar. Besides, JPM already checked off the Indy 500 win a couple times.
So would I, but it seems clear (especially from the reaction post-Sonoma) that Montoya came back to Indycar to win the championship. I'm sure he won't turn down a couple more 500s along the way but they're not going to affect his decision on whether/when to move on.

He would also be trading a packed but entirely domestic schedule for a spread out one with a few more air miles. It's not a decision to be made lightly but I'm pleased he is interested because it would be another shot in the arm for the WEC* if he were to make the switch.

*What is JPM's current stock stateside, both publicly and within the US scene?
Old 18 Sep 2015, 18:06 (Ref:3574667)   #42
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Childish weight jokes aside, I don't see JPM moving away from Indycar just yet (you can thank Scott Dixon for that). But if the test goes ahead and Montoya impresses he would be a good alternative if Hulkenberg couldn't reprise his role at LM next year.
The main issue here is the Indycar calendar. The Detroit double-header is the week after Indianapolis, which automatically means it's on the week after the Monaco GP and on the same weekend as the Le Mans Test Day. However, if Indycar don't schedule any races on the weekend of Le Mans itself, there may be a chance of some people making the trip, considering the large majority of the front-runners would qualify as Platinum and therefore do not need to do the Test Day even if they are Le Mans rookies.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 18:24 (Ref:3574673)   #43
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
The main issue here is the Indycar calendar. The Detroit double-header is the week after Indianapolis, which automatically means it's on the week after the Monaco GP and on the same weekend as the Le Mans Test Day. However, if Indycar don't schedule any races on the weekend of Le Mans itself, there may be a chance of some people making the trip, considering the large majority of the front-runners would qualify as Platinum and therefore do not need to do the Test Day even if they are Le Mans rookies.
To be specific this is the key consideration. I would assume this test wouldn't even be on the table if Montoya had to do Test Day and therefore miss the 500. He won't be the first Indycar driver to do LM in the same season either.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 19:25 (Ref:3574691)   #44
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was a really good move by the ACO to remove the compulsory Test Day run for rookie platinum drivers.

Whether a driver would actually miss it and still want to compete I'm not sure. I hope they still would.

Honestly I don't really see why we still have the test day. The teams have 11 hours worth of track time during race week before the flag drops.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 19:37 (Ref:3574695)   #45
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Honestly I don't really see why we still have the test day. The teams have 11 hours worth of track time during race week before the flag drops.
Track time for less "prized" rookies, teams with non-compliant machinery that might be swayed to enter in future years by a taste of the Le Mans experience...

... and, as Audi discovered, more track running would give another week of possibly fixing issues that couldn't be seen while testing in private, as happened to them in '09.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 20:14 (Ref:3574708)   #46
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Quite bit is wasted on people getting their compulsory night laps in in Q2/Q3. Then you can automatically reduce the length of 45 min warm-up as no-one is actually testing anything substantial there apart from checking that the car and swapped engine actually work. Furthermore the numerous red flaggings for accidents and whatnot reduce the week total by couple of hours.

But yeah I agree it's quite a bit, 10 hour 45 min + 8 hour = 18 hours 45 mins, less than standard 6 hour WEC race away from race length. Maxi Endurance Portimao 32 Hours last November had 5½ hours of pre-race track time...
Old 18 Sep 2015, 20:26 (Ref:3574712)   #47
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Quite bit is wasted on people getting their compulsory night laps in in Q2/Q3. Then you can automatically reduce the length of 45 min warm-up as no-one is actually testing anything substantial there apart from checking that the car and swapped engine actually work. Furthermore the numerous red flaggings for accidents and whatnot reduce the week total by couple of hours.

But yeah I agree it's quite a bit, 10 hour 45 min + 8 hour = 18 hours 45 mins, less than standard 6 hour WEC race away from race length. Maxi Endurance Portimao 32 Hours last November had 5½ hours of pre-race track time...
In any case, if we're trackside you're not going to catch us complaining about MORE track time for the WEC cars.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 20:34 (Ref:3574716)   #48
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm actually perfectly fine with it (as you can see from my recent PLM discussions too and how they lamefied the pre-event track time there), it just seems quite bit numerically in comparison to other events. However then again, since it is the most important race in the world, it should be grander than all the rest combined
Old 18 Sep 2015, 21:32 (Ref:3574736)   #49
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Any sites steaming WEC qualifying that anyone knows of?

Hoping some kind of monstrous chocolate chip concoction comes through. If not ... oh well.

Last edited by Maelochs; 18 Sep 2015 at 21:40.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 22:54 (Ref:3574752)   #50
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks to those who know why.