Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 11 Jul 2022, 15:39 (Ref:4119119)   #1
leepurnell
Rookie

leepurnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ELMS portimao

Hi all

Wonder if anyone had any experience of attending an event at portimao and if I can find out some details regarding best ticket options etc

I was there last year for the masters historic meeting, but that was a pay on the day/full access scenario which I guess it won’t be for a larger event such as this?

Can’t seem to find any detail at all on the website for either track or ELMS

Many thanks in advance
Old 11 Jul 2022, 19:55 (Ref:4119166)   #2
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Hedley Verity should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went in '18 and '19, possibly again for this year, doubt there'll be any issue with paying on the day, there's very few people there, 15 euros got you full access for the 3 days, paddock and the centre of the track and VIP tower, it was free if you just wanted to get into the stand opposite the pits.
Old 11 Jul 2022, 20:28 (Ref:4119168)   #3
leepurnell
Rookie

That’s great, thanks for the reply

I’m pretty sure I paid close to 60 euros for the two days of the masters last year., again with very few people in attendance. no access to tower but I think that was closed due to COVID restrictions anyway

When you went previously, did you sort tickets in advance or rock up on the day?
Old 11 Jul 2022, 20:55 (Ref:4119169)   #4
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by leepurnell View Post
That’s great, thanks for the reply

I’m pretty sure I paid close to 60 euros for the two days of the masters last year., again with very few people in attendance. no access to tower but I think that was closed due to COVID restrictions anyway

When you went previously, did you sort tickets in advance or rock up on the day?
One of my party booked them in advance, we picked them up from reception
Old 10 Oct 2022, 08:36 (Ref:4129651)   #5
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedley Verity View Post
One of my party booked them in advance, we picked them up from reception
Ticket prices have gone up for this year, 45e now for 3 day VIP tower and paddock access.
Can’t find a full event timetable for this anywhere?
Old 10 Oct 2022, 09:04 (Ref:4129658)   #6
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Can’t find a full event timetable for this anywhere?
You can’t have looked *that* hard - it’s on the ELMS website

https://www.europeanlemansseries.com/en/race/4717
Old 10 Oct 2022, 09:10 (Ref:4129660)   #7
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
You can’t have looked *that* hard - it’s on the ELMS website

https://www.europeanlemansseries.com/en/race/4717
Yes, have seen that, am looking for the full schedule including support classes

ETA - found one through the Ligier series

Last edited by Hedley Verity; 10 Oct 2022 at 09:26.
Old 10 Oct 2022, 10:43 (Ref:4129672)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
that’s also on the same page anyopenroad linked to - scroll down and it’s there with a full entry list.

enjoy the weekend - looks like we’ve good weather for it
Old 10 Oct 2022, 11:09 (Ref:4129675)   #9
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
that’s also on the same page anyopenroad linked to - scroll down and it’s there with a full entry list.

enjoy the weekend - looks like we’ve good weather for it
So it is, thanks, a later version than the one I had
Old 10 Oct 2022, 15:31 (Ref:4129741)   #10
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
So it is, thanks, a later version than the one I had
You're welcome .

I've booked for Portimao WEC next April, which will be my first trip to a track that I've long been keen to go to. I'll do ELMS there at some point too. The 24 Hour race I'm not so sure about because that part of the world in July can be a little warm for me!

Have a great trip!
Old 15 Oct 2022, 14:54 (Ref:4130384)   #11
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So I was updating theracingline app and the ELMS Website reminded me of this thread. According to the website:

Portugal time: 1300
UK Time: 1400

But we're in the same time zone. So this can't be possible.

So for UK viewers - the race is 1300.
Old 15 Oct 2022, 17:24 (Ref:4130402)   #12
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good qually sessions today. Looking forward to the race.
Old 16 Oct 2022, 09:02 (Ref:4130478)   #13
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
The race start is at 12:00 UTC I believe?

13:00 UK time
14:00 Belgium

EDIT: The timer on the ELMS site is counting down.
2:57 from when I wrote this
Old 16 Oct 2022, 11:09 (Ref:4130483)   #14
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
13.30 now, barrier repairs needed after the Le Mans Cup race
Old 16 Oct 2022, 11:43 (Ref:4130485)   #15
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any news on Jerome de Sadeleer after his accident in the Michelin Le Mans Cup race ?
Old 16 Oct 2022, 12:30 (Ref:4130489)   #16
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Mixed conditions for the race start. A couple of spins on the formation lap already.
Old 16 Oct 2022, 12:41 (Ref:4130490)   #17
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Yoluc, amongst others.

EDIT: And now he goes around a second time
Old 16 Oct 2022, 21:46 (Ref:4130532)   #18
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another good race.
Well done to the Iron Dames. They have had a great year with their Spa 24 class win too.
6 out of 6 pole positions for Malthe Jacobsen. He is graduating to Cool Racing's LMP2 squad next year. With Nico Lapierre's Alpine connections could Hypercar be next?
Prema doing a WRT and taking the title at the first attempt. And Louis Deletraz winning it twice in two years with two 'rookie' teams.
What does Inter Europol have to do to win a title?
Old 20 Oct 2022, 15:18 (Ref:4130898)   #19
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
Any news on Jerome de Sadeleer after his accident in the Michelin Le Mans Cup race ?
He was well enough to show up at the post season party I understand - a major relief - BIG hit!
Old 20 Oct 2022, 16:28 (Ref:4130901)   #20
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
I was watching the Michelin Le Mans Cup race while having breakfast and with the speed he hit the barrier and the state of the front of the car I really feared for his legs at first although when they showed the accident from several different angles I guessed his injuries couldn't be too bad. Nice to hear he was well enough to celebrate that evening !

Was Freddie Hunt penalised for his role in the accident ?
Old 20 Oct 2022, 17:48 (Ref:4130903)   #21
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
No, Torsten Kratz was adjudged to be at fault - and it seems correctly so.

He held back to control the field, got on the gas but then, possibly because he thought he would overtake the SC before it made pit lane, lifted off, possibly even braked - that's what triggered it. We only saw that later in replay but multiple observers have confirmed it.
Old 20 Oct 2022, 18:49 (Ref:4130904)   #22
leepurnell
Rookie

I managed to get there and loved every moment of it.
The access available with the paddock ticket was simply superb

Was my first time at an ELMS event, and was grateful for the earplugs!!
Old 20 Oct 2022, 21:47 (Ref:4130909)   #23
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
Quote:
I managed to get there and loved every moment of it.
The access available with the paddock ticket was simply superb

Was my first time at an ELMS event, and was grateful for the earplugs!!
Watching on you tube the pit straight grandstand looked almost completely empty - a great shame as a half decent crowd would add to the atmosphere. Were there many other spectators there ?
Old 21 Oct 2022, 10:57 (Ref:4130964)   #24
leepurnell
Rookie

Yeah, main grandstand was pretty empty. I suspect most people went for the paddock option which gave great viewing at the hairpin, from up in the tower and also a chance to walk round different parts of the track.

Walking down from the tower to turn 2/3 gave fantastic viewing

Certainly wouldn’t class it as busy though. Wonder if the WEC will draw a larger crowd in April, suspect it will.
Old 23 Oct 2022, 09:39 (Ref:4131166)   #25
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Yeah, main grandstand was pretty empty. I suspect most people went for the paddock option which gave great viewing at the hairpin, from up in the tower and also a chance to walk round different parts of the track.

Walking down from the tower to turn 2/3 gave fantastic viewing

Certainly wouldn’t class it as busy though. Wonder if the WEC will draw a larger crowd in April, suspect it will.
I thought the crowd was bigger than previous years, still very small numbers though, the price going up 3x didn’t seem to put people off