Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 10 Jul 2000, 18:02 (Ref:22436)   #1
f1ciamp
Rookie

f1ciamp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

do you thing a boy with great talent , but no money could make it to the top?
i mean thruo the minor formulas like formula ford ec..?

i realy want to race but i got no money evan tho i have great talent, i wish i could get a job in uk that could sponser a season for me in f.f zetec or so

(dont mind spelling!)\
bye from italy!
Old 10 Jul 2000, 22:37 (Ref:22466)   #2
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hi f1ciamp.

I don't know what it's like now, but the great Niki Lauda bought his first F1 drive with borrowed money from a bank.

I seem to remember that the terms of the loan included a life insurance policy, so if he was hurt in a racing crash, the payout would pay the debt.

More recently, Tony Kanaan had almost no backing for his dream, and look where he is now! If you're good enough, people will see it.

Britain is well known for being good for racing, but very poor for sponsorship. I think it may be better to try to find Italian sponsors who want their names promoted in the well publicised British race series.

I believe you may already have a first. I think you may be the first Italian poster on ten-tenths forums.
Old 11 Jul 2000, 01:38 (Ref:22498)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
look where Tony Kannan is now ???...what sitting by the track watching

anyway i guess it is possible and all i can say is go for it..if ya have a dream then have a go if ya fail at least you can say you tried but if you succeed then just remember who encouraged you
Old 11 Jul 2000, 02:51 (Ref:22505)   #4
f1ciamp
Rookie

waooo its the first time i get encoreged to go for it!
u know i think i will realy give it a try!
i dont have yet the minimal idea hou, but i now il be one day a formula 1 ciampion!
thanxs!
if u have any suggestions or want to sponsor let me know!
ciao, ciao!
Old 11 Jul 2000, 08:53 (Ref:22524)   #5
SNH
Racer

England
Staffordshire, England
SNH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ask as many people as possible to sponsor you, one will say yes. You been karting or anything?
Old 11 Jul 2000, 16:01 (Ref:22569)   #6
f1ciamp
Rookie

not propheshenaly.
Old 11 Jul 2000, 16:15 (Ref:22571)   #7
SNH
Racer

England
Staffordshire, England
I should learn English
Old 12 Jul 2000, 06:26 (Ref:22686)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by SNH
I should learn English
Yes Steve. You should.

Old 12 Jul 2000, 07:17 (Ref:22692)   #9
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to 10 / 10ths f1ciamp...

Sounds like your in the same boat as loads of budding F1 racers..

For a season in Formula Ford in Britain, I think you probably need about 100,000 pounds sterling (at least). Then you need living expenses...

Even for the Formula 600 series (which isn't well known), you need 30,000 pounds...

I intend to go racing next year (in partnership, sharing a car). We're looking at MG's or Formula 750 championship, and struggling to find the cash.. money is always the biggest problem I guess....
Old 12 Jul 2000, 09:38 (Ref:22716)   #10
SNH
Racer

England
Staffordshire, England
PM - Yes Steve. You should

& that from a southerner....!
Old 12 Jul 2000, 16:46 (Ref:22790)   #11
f1ciamp
Rookie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dan Friel
I think you probably need about 100,000 pounds sterling (at least). Then you need living expenses...

are u sure thats what u need for a formula ford season?
i mean in italy a fford season cost about $ 40k
hou di it get to $180k in england?
Old 12 Jul 2000, 17:12 (Ref:22793)   #12
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Ford in GB is a massive thing to get into, the costs are big, but if you can crack it the benifits are pretty cool.
All of the teams for F3, Formula Renault etc look at Formula Ford when trying to pick out new talent. But the problem has always been, and always will be cash, find a rich girlfriend that should work
PS. Welcome to ten-tenths f1ciamp
Old 12 Jul 2000, 17:16 (Ref:22794)   #13
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
info that might be of use

Send off for your free Info pack from the Motor Sports Association
The MSA send out a free information pack 'Getting started in motor racing'. You can write to them at Motorsports House, Riverside Park, Colnbrook, Slough, SL3 0HG, Tel: 01531-650760.

Some courses now offer scholarships to the most talented driver...

Fancy entering a series for a bargain price of just £600?
This competition is organised by the Elf Oil UK who run sponsored kart championships along with the Silverstone Race School. Around 20 drivers will take part in a one day assessment, which will result in 4 lucky competitors taking a trip to the famous Le Mans circuit for the race to find the winner (an extra cost of £500 per driver). Silverstone opened their doors to budding racers over 20 years ago with the opening of their Silverstone Racing School, which is also hosted at Croft and Donnington Park. Contact Silverstone Race School for more details.
Old 12 Jul 2000, 17:22 (Ref:22796)   #14
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
GEEZ i might try that myself

busy writing down info ..thanks francesca
Old 12 Jul 2000, 19:10 (Ref:22819)   #15
f1ciamp
Rookie

thanku francesca for very useful info, bye the way are you italian? u have an italian name
Old 12 Jul 2000, 19:15 (Ref:22821)   #16
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, sadly not Italian (then I'd have a sexy accent!)- English, Irish and a bit Scottish, I'm afraid.
Old 12 Jul 2000, 21:40 (Ref:22864)   #17
Graham
Veteran

Graham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Don't we have two FFord team blokes somewhere on 10T? Mackmot?

Maybe they could illucidate on costs, sponsors, etc?
Old 13 Jul 2000, 07:03 (Ref:22925)   #18
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're right Graham.

There's Mackmot and Geva Racing from Holland I think, they should be able to give exact costs!!

I think remembering back to earlier in the year, there was a post offering a season in Formula Ford for 90,000 pounds.

Old 13 Jul 2000, 07:38 (Ref:22931)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not wishing to steal your "punters" chaps. F1Ciamp. Why not pop into the Racer's Forum and post some questions? You might get the answers you're looking for.
Old 14 Jul 2000, 19:06 (Ref:23241)   #20
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All major championships in the UK ie. FFord, Renault, F3 are really expensive for ford to run competatively in the championship, eurocup and festival will cost about £120,000 this means buying the top equipment plenty of tyres and plenty of testing(testing is most important to an inexperienced hopeful).

Also FFord is a "2 year" championship, this means that to win it you need to use one year to practice and try to get some good results by the end of the year in order to secure a good drive for the next season when you can win it.

basically so far you have spent £240k in ford, but earning £600 for a win, £10,000 for winning the championship

Renault is not an important championship you do not need to do this unless you have not done well in ford. This costs between £150k and £200k (dont know the precise details)

F3 one year in this to come in the top 3(all depends on previous years) This costs around £500k or less depending on subsidies.

How much have we spent now £900k'ish

From there you could do a jenson and go straight to F! or spend the rest of your life in F3000 or America.

Old 16 Jul 2000, 21:58 (Ref:23553)   #21
teamdbr
Rookie

teamdbr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
English, Irish and a bit Scottish, that must make a hell of a sexy accent (if only I would be able to understand it ).

Anyway, as for costs (we're running in the Dutch and Benelux championships (Cambridge Team DB.R), aswell as FormulaFord.com) we're talking about 120,000 pounds upwards for a year in Britain (which should get you the third or fourth Haywood seat) ex damage, lodging etc. etc.

In Holland/Belgium you might be able to score a decent seat for somewhere from a third of that price upwards, but don't expect any airtime.

Italy is no serieus competition at all (excusez moi, but it hasn't been for the past couple of years), but we have some nice championships in Germany (well, last year was better), France and the Benelux.

But if you're serious about Formula Ford you should go to Britain (and do so with Mackie Motorsport otherwise the next reply will come from mackmot stating you should ) But seriously: Haywood and Van Diemen are good options, but next to Mackie there isn't really any other customer team ready to fight for the championship.

My two cents.

Dave
Old 16 Jul 2000, 22:29 (Ref:23557)   #22
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cheers mate
Old 17 Jul 2000, 06:42 (Ref:23631)   #23
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
So to sum it up...

Unless you have a million pounds or can raise that sort of cash, you not getting to F1...

Better start saving..
Old 17 Jul 2000, 11:45 (Ref:23673)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by f1ciamp
do you thing a boy with great talent , but no money could make it to the top?
i mean thruo the minor formulas like formula ford ec..?

i realy want to race but i got no money evan tho i have great talent, i wish i could get a job in uk that could sponser a season for me in f.f zetec or so

(dont mind spelling!)\
bye from italy!
What exactly have you raced to date? And where?
Old 17 Jul 2000, 16:09 (Ref:23718)   #25
f1ciamp
Rookie

go karts , in italy.