Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 Nov 2000, 14:56 (Ref:47369)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I read recently that audi are thinking of selling their current model r8's to private teams for next year one of these being Stefan Johannson's team who is currently seeking the estimated $5 million to run the cars next year but it made me think of a few questions.

firstly will they sell the cars at all??

if they do they would need an even better car to beat these ones which will still be very competitive in private teams hands.

or do they keep them for another year updating as they go in order to sell them for the next year when the will be that bit more worn out and slightly outdated?
and are they commited to the series long time or just the next 1 or 2 years??

I guess we will have to wait for the next board meeting at the end of the month to find out but it sure raises a few questions. I personally hope they sell the cars because to see some of the private teams up there would be really good to see especially if they were able to give the audi sport team a run for their money.
Old 8 Nov 2000, 23:43 (Ref:47459)   #2
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ot seems that Audi have already decided what to do with the R8. Re-badge it as a Bentley and get them to carry on winning with it.
James Weaver has completed 100+ laps at Snettteron in the new car that yes will be painted british Racing Green.
Audi presumably are looking to try and stop being rubbish in DTM by entering a factory team, or maybe concentrating on the States.
Old 9 Nov 2000, 00:29 (Ref:47477)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
well there you go then..i didnt know that one chunder thanks
and welcome to the sportscar forum