Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Jun 2010, 01:36 (Ref:2702921)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Egg Where to For Ford Cash?

Story Here

Are they really upset at FPR? Are they really excited by DJR? Sounds like there is some ambivalence towards SBR?

Is this real, or a media beat up?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 2 Jun 2010, 02:05 (Ref:2702927)   #2
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like any big business that has avoided bankruptcy, they have to spend prudently.

If you can only afford X amount of dollars to spend on motor racing, it has to be spent where the return is greatest.

Jim Beam Racing has Ford's biggest 'personality' and it has also been the most successful team this year, so far.

Which team would you be diverting a large proportion of your money towards? Not a hard decision at this point.
Old 2 Jun 2010, 02:44 (Ref:2702938)   #3
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the past is anything to go by, JBR aren't guaranteed a cent, and if they perform too well they could end up being dumped totally!!
Old 2 Jun 2010, 04:25 (Ref:2702946)   #4
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Harder. View Post
If the past is anything to go by, JBR aren't guaranteed a cent, and if they perform too well they could end up being dumped totally!!
So your saying DJR will go to an all red car?

Obviously, Ford will look at the performance over the coming few rounds and carve the cake according to performance. FPR will drop funding if they keep running around with their socks around the ankles, nothing unusual in this announcement.
Old 2 Jun 2010, 06:00 (Ref:2702964)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
More $$ for SBR would make sense, if it included a positive step in the driving department...
Old 2 Jun 2010, 06:09 (Ref:2702965)   #6
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not suggesting DJR would switch manufacturers, more the point that fawd previously cut funding their best performing team.
Old 2 Jun 2010, 06:15 (Ref:2702967)   #7
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting this is mentioned shortly after Will Ford's visit, where he seemed to take particular interest in where Ford's sponsorship money was being spent.

Will Ford Speedcafe article Here
Old 2 Jun 2010, 07:25 (Ref:2702988)   #8
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The way I read that bigpuddle/V8 Supercar article was:
  • Ford are looking at spreading their funding out more fairly;
  • Part of their criteria is that the teams need two performing drivers;
  • They clearly expect more from the factory team;
  • You get the feeling that FPR in particular, and SBR to a lesser extent, will need to start singing for their supper on Wednesday nights!

So for mine, BPB and Mr A Davison are in the crosshairs to some extent, and it would be in DJR's interest to both win the championship and snare Mr W Davison.

Stranger things have happened, but how would it be if Mr W Davison replaced Mr A Davison at SBR? That'd stretch the family bond somewhat, one feels!
Old 2 Jun 2010, 09:07 (Ref:2703039)   #9
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
Stranger things have happened, but how would it be if Mr W Davison replaced Mr A Davison at SBR? That'd stretch the family bond somewhat, one feels!
You know that the first time Mark Waugh played cricket for Australia was when Steve was dropped?
Old 2 Jun 2010, 09:23 (Ref:2703054)   #10
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Harder. View Post
Not suggesting DJR would switch manufacturers, more the point that fawd previously cut funding their best performing team.
I knew exactly what you meant. However, the reason they cut that funding was the red car. I'd be almost certain Ford have tidied up their contracts to ensure we won't see a red Frod sponsored by FoMoCo again.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 20:12 (Ref:2704126)   #11
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think ford has more things to worry about than car colour at this stage, parity in numbers, car speed and driver line ups to name a few. And before I am howled down yes I am aware that a ford and driver leads the championship. That said there is a fair margin to the other teams..
Old 10 Jun 2010, 00:15 (Ref:2707901)   #12
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speaking of cash, I noticed on one of the latest videos on the V8 Supercar BigPond web site that the Walkinshaw squad is reported to have about $20 million of sponsorship money alone. Not to mention other income.

One has to ask why they aren't winning every race with cash like that!

V8 2010 - Winton: Behind the Scenes of Walkinshaw Racing:
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/v8-201...5/default.aspx
Old 10 Jun 2010, 01:20 (Ref:2707918)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Also a Believer View Post
I think ford has more things to worry about than car colour at this stage, parity in numbers, car speed and driver line ups to name a few. And before I am howled down yes I am aware that a ford and driver leads the championship. That said there is a fair margin to the other teams..
Mr Courtney is arguably driving a rebadged Hogster as opposed to a pukka Ford....
Old 10 Jun 2010, 01:28 (Ref:2707922)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
Speaking of cash, I noticed on one of the latest videos on the V8 Supercar BigPond web site that the Walkinshaw squad is reported to have about $20 million of sponsorship money alone. Not to mention other income.

One has to ask why they aren't winning every race with cash like that!

V8 2010 - Winton: Behind the Scenes of Walkinshaw Racing:
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/v8-201...5/default.aspx
Employing what is reportedly around 100 people will take a nice slice out of that $20m...

If you take a squiz at a V8 round, there are the team guys at HRT, at BRR.. the engine custodians supplying GRM, TDR, LDR.. the chassis tuning experts at TDR amongst others... the guys running the Eggleston car at Winton & Townsville... a couple of other WP guys in the development series helping Mr Zukanovic, Mr Percat amongst others... plus all the marketing lot servicing the sponsorship.. in another of those BigPond interviews, there was confirmation of 5 people in the WP commercial support team, servicing sponsorships... that dude running the live HMS streaming + cameraman/sound

You have 4 drivers of the main game cars, the enduro guys who seem to be at most rounds... their various partners & hangers on...

Plus Mr McNamara and his not inconsiderable posse of HMS egg deflectors..

You have to fly all these guys around, feed them, accommodate them, get them to and from the track...

Plus maybe sometime, run a few cars...

Its a phenomenal infrastructure.. makes it funny to think they are allegedly taking funds from 2 of the 4 drivers in the squad huh
Old 10 Jun 2010, 10:45 (Ref:2708134)   #15
Smokey Retirement
Racer

Australia
Pit Lane
Smokey Retirement should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=

Its a phenomenal infrastructure.. makes it funny to think they are allegedly taking funds from 2 of the 4 drivers in the squad huh [/QUOTE]

Ok, im going to ask...Who are the 2 drivers bringing money to the HRT/BRR team? Andrew Thompson and ????????
Old 11 Jun 2010, 11:57 (Ref:2709078)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Ahhhh... the good old days
Old 11 Jun 2010, 15:30 (Ref:2709244)   #17
Smokey Retirement
Racer

Australia
Pit Lane
Still waiting to hear who out of Will, Garth or Fabian are paying for their drive..........
Old 11 Jun 2010, 23:50 (Ref:2709527)   #18
Falcon GT
Rookie

Falcon GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
one is getting a new car that he paid for
Old 12 Jun 2010, 00:43 (Ref:2709535)   #19
Smokey Retirement
Racer

Australia
Pit Lane
Ok.....who is paying for his new car???
Old 12 Jun 2010, 08:14 (Ref:2709622)   #20
glenn_a
Racer

Australia
not far from the paddocks of Oran Park
glenn_a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't FC just get Tander's old car? Is this the car in Question.
Old 12 Jun 2010, 08:40 (Ref:2709629)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....