Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 Dec 2008, 23:18 (Ref:2354432)   #76
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Bit slow on the uptake sorry, that was actually quite funny Terence.
Old 14 Dec 2008, 00:13 (Ref:2354460)   #77
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fay
Just to clarify the point, there is NO HSCC meeting at Donington in October.

Personally I am glad that HSCC have a meeting at Mallory, although it means travelling from home.

Simon, if you are not going to race how about coming and having a day marshalling on the bank!!

See you all around next year.

Fay Crook
Chief Marshal Co-ordinator
HSCC
Fay,
as a marshal, it's a great shame, to me, that there will be no weekend meeting at Donington in October next year. This year's event was my first trip to Donny and, despite the adverse conditions, I loved it. It's just a bit too far from London to do a one day meeting, same goes for Mallory.
I also took my first trip up to OP for the Gold Cup this year and, as I definately wanted to go back next year, I asked several marshals what the best meeting at OP was, they all said the Gold Cup. I'll also try and do all 3 days of the classic next year aswell, instead of just the Friday and the Brands Hatch Superprix is a must.
Thank you and everybody, racers especially, for a great season this year and a to one and all.

Nick Bowen.
Old 14 Dec 2008, 07:50 (Ref:2354536)   #78
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Bit slow on the uptake sorry, that was actually quite funny Terence.
Sorry about that Al,just could'nt resist it,perhaps I should have spelt it correctly,from memory,I think the "C" should have been "K".
BUT AT LEAST SOME_ONE GOT IT!
Old 14 Dec 2008, 14:03 (Ref:2354673)   #79
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
You will have to start using the spell check,Terrance
Old 14 Dec 2008, 15:29 (Ref:2354701)   #80
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
You will have to start using the spell check,Terrance
I did John,thats what it came up with. Cheers,Terence.
Old 14 Dec 2008, 15:45 (Ref:2354707)   #81
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Talking of spell checks, why is it that several of your fellow posters write Terrance, when you are obviously Terence, Terence? Am I missing something?

Apologies for taking this even further off topic. I'll give myself a public flogging!
Old 14 Dec 2008, 17:50 (Ref:2354758)   #82
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Talking of spell checks, why is it that several of your fellow posters write Terrance, when you are obviously Terence, Terence? Am I missing something?

Apologies for taking this even further off topic. I'll give myself a public flogging!

Yes John,one "r".
Old 14 Dec 2008, 17:58 (Ref:2354760)   #83
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta
Look foward to seeing you at Mallory paddy make sure you come and say hello. Just look for the black Delta truck.

I'll definitely look you up. We always start the day with a breakfast in the paddock.
Old 5 Jan 2009, 10:24 (Ref:2365475)   #84
lml698
Racer

England
Glos
lml698 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AMOC season dates 2009

The AMOC racing calendar is now pretty much settled with the dates being:
21st March Curborough Instruction Day
17th April Mallory Park Track Day
19th April Mallory Park Race Meeting
3rd - 4th May Donington Park Race Meeting
24th May Curborough Sprint Meeting
29th May Silverstone (South Circuit) Track Day
30th May Silverstone St. John Horsfall Race Meeting
10th July Goodwood Track Day
11th July Goodwood Sprint
18th - 19th July Snetterton Race Meeting
8th - 9th August Silverstone "outround" with Bentley Drivers Club for Historic Championship, 50s Sports Car Team Challenge & Pre War team race. ( Int' circuit)
31st August Castle Combe "outround" with CCRC, Intermarque® and Classic Grid
12th September Thruxton (double header for Intermarque® and 50s Sports Car Team Challenge)
26th September Oulton Park "outround" with BARC - Super GT only.
27th September Curborough Sprint Meeting
3rd October Oulton Park****

Usual Aston Championship x 2
50's sports/ GT series
Intermarque
Super GT
FIA races
Healeys
Ferrari's
Other guest grids

All further info from AMOC head office
Old 5 Jan 2009, 10:48 (Ref:2365494)   #85
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thank you, Mark. Now that we have both HSCC and AMOC dates, I'm considering knocking a historic racing calendar together, for sticking up in here, to see what clashes, what doesn't. Any other clubs want to disclose their dates? I'm not going to do the rounds of all the club sites so if you are interested, post them up, and I'll do a merge. Historics only, please!
Old 5 Jan 2009, 18:30 (Ref:2365774)   #86
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Provisional Classic Sports Car Club dates which are to be confirmed at the Autosport Show

January 8th – 11th Autosport Show
March 13th - 15th Race Retro
March 19th Snetterton – Test Day
April 4th/5th Snetterton
April 18th/19th Anglesey
May 9th/10th Brands Hatch
May 24th/25th Mallory Park
June 13th Oulton Park
July 5th Spa
August 1st Silverstone
September 6th Cadwell Park
September 12th /13th Cadwell Park ( Guest Series )
October 17th/18th Snetterton
November (tbc) Annual Dinner Dance / Awards
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 5 Jan 2009, 18:38 (Ref:2365780)   #87
lml698
Racer

England
Glos
lml698 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re AMOC meetings
Forgot to mention several double header rounds of the new Pre -War team races series which will have 10 -12 3 car teams from some 7 or 8 marques. Plus the Horsfall race itself of course !!!!
Old 9 Jan 2009, 13:46 (Ref:2368256)   #88
Boys In Blue
Rookie

Boys In Blue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VSCC Dates for 2009

Listed below are the race and speed event dates for the Vintage Sports-Car Club. The Club also have a full season of trials, rallies and driving tests not to mention it is our 75th Anniversary, with a week full of events based at the Three Counties Showground in Malvern.

Many thanks to all those who volunteered at our events in 2008 and we look forward to seeing you this year. John - your photographic reviews of our meetings are much appreciated, thanks.

25 April - Silverstone
16 May - Oulton Park
20 June - Cadwell Park
23 August - Mallory Park
6 September - Donington*

*A full/public announcement regarding this meeting will be made very soon.

10 May - Wiscombe
31 May - Curborough
1/2 August - Prescott
26/27 - September - Loton Park
24 October - Goodwood

Further information from the VSCC Office or Website.

Richard
Old 9 Jan 2009, 15:15 (Ref:2368292)   #89
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Well done Richard on behalf of VSCC .There are people on here who do not understand what a decent years racing they can have with you and very good value.Leave you and Patch to continue the sell.!
Old 9 Jan 2009, 19:08 (Ref:2368426)   #90
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Yes, indeed; welcome, Richard.
Old 12 Jan 2009, 12:14 (Ref:2369878)   #91
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Ok we now have dates for HSCC, AMOC, CSCC & VSCC, although a few maybe provisional. Threads merged. Anymore?
Old 12 Jan 2009, 12:28 (Ref:2369884)   #92
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Inevitably:

Roadbook classic, FIA Spa 6hrs - 25 - 27 September 2009.

MGCC
Donington 4 April
Oulton Park 9 May
Brands Hatch 30-31 May
Silverstone 10 - 12 July
Cadwell Park 5 September
Snetterton 3 - 4 October

Masters
Goodwood 27-28 February - Track Days
Snetterton 21 March - Top Hat Race Day
Donington 9-10 May - Masters Festival
Brands Hatch Indy 23 May - Top Hat Race Day
Brands Hatch GP 24-25 May - Masters Festival
Castle Combe 13 June - Top Hat Race Day
(This is part of the Castle Combe Classic Festival with HSCC on the 14th) - Focussing on the 40th Anniversary of the Capri (this for John Ruston).
Silverstone Nat 8-9 August - Bentley Drivers Club (I believe this has been changed to the International Circuit).
Nurburgring 7-9 August - Oldtimer GP
Spa 25-27 September - Spa Six Hour
Algarve 17-18 October - Masters Festival
Mallory Park 25 October - Top Hat Race Day

Edit: Masters dates are listed as "provisional" on the website.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 12 Jan 2009 at 12:37.
Old 12 Jan 2009, 12:29 (Ref:2369885)   #93
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Am awaiting confirmation of another Spa date John,should know by the end of this week.
Old 17 Jan 2009, 14:47 (Ref:2373353)   #94
Andy Mesh
Rookie

Andy Mesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CTCRC Dates 2009

28th mar........ Oulton Park . .... pre66,74,83,93.CT/Boss
12th apr ... ..... Thruxton . .... pre74,83,93,CT/Boss
16/17 may... Silverstone ....(D/H all ). pre66,74,83,93,CT/Boss
27/28 jun ... Snetterton ....(D/H all). pre74,83,93,CT/Boss
25 jul ... Lydden hill . ...(D/H pre66)pre74,83,93,CT/Boss
22/23 aug ... Brands hatch .. pre66,74,83,93,CT/Boss
5/6 sept .. Rockingham ....(D/H all)pre66,74,83,93,CT/Boss
4th oct .... Mallory Park. .... pre66,74,83,93,CT/Boss.

more details on regs etc
www.classictouringcars.com

Last edited by Andy Mesh; 17 Jan 2009 at 14:53.
Old 17 Jan 2009, 15:01 (Ref:2373362)   #95
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks Andy, I was looking for that when I posted the above. Looks like a shorter calendar than usual, but I do see double headers there.
Old 17 Jan 2009, 16:05 (Ref:2373394)   #96
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

VSCC 7/9 Donnington,Woodcote,Pre War,Sports Car,Vanessa and Flav and Carols 2 litre saloon,not a bad day.
Old 17 Jan 2009, 18:11 (Ref:2373428)   #97
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
7/9 I presume is September and indeed looks a belter - when is Goodwood
Old 17 Jan 2009, 18:11 (Ref:2373429)   #98
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
VSCC 7/9 Donnington,Woodcote,Pre War,Sports Car,Vanessa and Flav and Carols 2 litre saloon,not a bad day.
HistoricFF2000 as well and thats a good line up for the Classic John.
Old 17 Jan 2009, 19:03 (Ref:2373444)   #99
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Sunday,September,VSCC have been offered two days , their usual races apart from relay will take place on Saturday and these other races on Sunday.
Probably stopping relay race ,as 10/10ths Racing Forum Team came 1 st. and 3 rd.last year!A good weekend .
Old 17 Jan 2009, 19:39 (Ref:2373467)   #100
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Thanks Andy, I was looking for that when I posted the above. Looks like a shorter calendar than usual, but I do see double headers there.
Yeah the dreaded double header Peter still seems the majority like them so there you go, I dont personally as something inevitable goes wrong. Are you goingto come out to play, there are some good tracks there?

Tags
historic racing