Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 May 2010, 06:20 (Ref:2699016)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
VESA To Establish Team Support Marketing & Media Committee

Story Here

What is surprising perhaps is the number of marketers in the team...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraphrasing The Article
The VESA Marketing & Media Machine...
Bronwyn Humphrey (Group Marketing Manager)
Penny Glasson (Marketing Communications)
Cole Hitchcock (Media)
Ben Bartlett (Sponsorship)
Camilla Millburn (Community Projects)
Joel Bowerman (Social Networking)
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 27 May 2010, 07:14 (Ref:2699031)   #2
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So is this just an excuse for a group of fat-gutted, red nosed (wine drinking), overpaid civil servants to partake in nothing more than self indulgence, ego stroking, standing on the soap box spruiking, and spending lots of money doing it - while draining resources from the areas that really need it? (I'm thinking the marshalls at every race meeting could get, I dunno, paid? Or, reducing ticket prices to encourage more families to attend any event? Flow on costs... flow on costs to pay for more committees!)

Hang on, did I just describe parliament? Or the public service?

In general, I don't like committees. I wonder if you worked that out!!! Committees are just a way of getting the same (or similar) group of people together to talk about something different, while paying a pretty penny for it.

And I didn't even really read the article... aren't I a fantastic researcher!

Rant over now.
Old 27 May 2010, 11:25 (Ref:2699156)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The concept actually makes sense... to have a structure & process in place in order to maximise the opportunity of leveraging each individual team's sponsors in a wider world...

... but there is actually a real need for this process/team to look at the way VESA and its teams communicates with the sponsors, with the general public, with the stakeholders.

Some years ago, a 2 car team in the main game was looking for assistance from VESA in supplying footage & market research data in order to construct a business proposal worthy of putting before a couple of major corporates. At the time VESA was not structured to assist with this, and the team was left to fend for itself in this way...

Perhaps the role of this group could be to assist the less marketing-savvy teams to apply some successful thought processes from other teams, acquired as shared experiences, to bring new people into the sport...

The fun might be what happens when they get 29 people representing 18 or 19 major sponsors each with a different agenda...
Old 30 May 2010, 04:34 (Ref:2700676)   #4
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Some years ago, a 2 car team in the main game was looking for assistance from VESA in supplying footage & market research data in order to construct a business proposal worthy of putting before a couple of major corporates. At the time VESA was not structured to assist with this, and the team was left to fend for itself in this way...
Out of interest, how did said team go?
Old 30 May 2010, 04:37 (Ref:2700677)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Out of interest, how did said team go?
Moved to Melbourne, slogged it out a couple of years, sold its REC's off/shut down
Old 30 May 2010, 22:06 (Ref:2701357)   #6
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
PWR?