Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Jun 2010, 04:44 (Ref:2703598)   #1
ran
Rookie

Australia
Melb
ran should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LMP styled cars in Victoria

I have recently made the move from Kart racing to sportscars. I purchased a Historic log booked Group R car. Presently i am just doing track days and will do some sprints, but intend on starting to race later in the year/ new year.
Growing up with the old man racing (prodsports/ Aus sportscar series) i am a big fan of the 2A, prototype styled sportscars, and have noticed despite some attempts that a series doesn't seem to exist for them, yet many are sitting in sheds around the country. i Know iRace has a class, and that the smaller engined guys have supersports, but anything with a larger engine capacity cannot run in that, even my 2lt car cannot. So my brother (who owns a Norax) and i have decided to start a ball rolling and get the LMP Car Club of Victoria up and running. Its still very early days but we figure you have to start somewhere. We hope over time we can get all like minded people in Victoria onboard and push to get a grid in a the state series, either Cams or AASA, maybe even get iRace down here.... Id love to see a field of Sakers, Kaditchas, Radicals, Clubmans, etc etc formed up, and better yet be in it.... Thinking an under 2lt and over 2lt class in the one race. Attempt to keep it as simple as possible. Anyway [mod]sorry, no links to other forums allowed, Please read the FAQ[/mod], i hope ill see you on the grid, in a 20 + field of Prototype style sportscars.....

Last edited by Woolley; 3 Jun 2010 at 12:34.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 22:16 (Ref:2704202)   #2
MillRat
Rookie

Australia
Santiago de Chile
MillRat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Ran,

Great idea and good luck with it. For to long Australia has be devoid of a sports car style championship. Recently the Sports Racer Series has popped up with it's biggest event to date being the 2010 Clipsal 500 (certainly as far as I am aware anyway). The field consists of Wests, Radicals, etc.... Is this along the same lines as you are thinking?

http://www.sportsracer.com.au/

Cheers, Michael.
Old 4 Jun 2010, 10:55 (Ref:2704433)   #3
ran
Rookie

Australia
Melb
ran should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry Mod....

The Sports Racer Series is restricted to only smaller capacity cars, we want to get the V8s, 2lt turbos etc in the mix also. You can maybe pm for details.