Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Oct 2016, 23:14 (Ref:3683234)   #576
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
is it an indication that money will be tight at GRM and they wont be able to afford to run DVS cars?
Has anyone checked to see if the 2 year maximum on leasing applies to DVS entries??
Old 27 Oct 2016, 01:13 (Ref:3683252)   #577
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
Has anyone checked to see if the 2 year maximum on leasing applies to DVS entries??
Are you talking about the leasing of REC's?

Think that is different to cars
Old 27 Oct 2016, 01:18 (Ref:3683253)   #578
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are no RECs in the Dunlop series!
Old 27 Oct 2016, 01:22 (Ref:3683255)   #579
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
There are no RECs in the Dunlop series!
agreed, the question was about leasing though
Old 27 Oct 2016, 01:46 (Ref:3683258)   #580
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If there are no RECs, how could one be leased?
Old 27 Oct 2016, 02:10 (Ref:3683260)   #581
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
If there are no RECs, how could one be leased?
Go back to the original question. I was clarifying what Deno meant regarding leasing. If he was talking about Cars or if if he was thinking about the REC rule. Do you know?

and secondly there are REC's in DVS, but they work significantly differently than in the main Game

Last edited by peckstar; 27 Oct 2016 at 02:21.
Old 27 Oct 2016, 02:24 (Ref:3683263)   #582
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
So what does This Story mean for GRM?

Presumably it takes some work (income?) away from the GRM team...

...and perhaps too Mr Golding's ride in the Dunlop Series... is this an indicator of the choice for #34?
I suspect that Mr Rogers may be kicking the tin for both these cars. I'd be surprised if they are fully funded.
Old 27 Oct 2016, 02:39 (Ref:3683264)   #583
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I suspect that Mr Rogers may be kicking the tin for both these cars. I'd be surprised if they are fully funded.
It surprised me that the car for Mr Muscat didn't seem to have his personal sponsors aboard..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 27 Oct 2016, 02:41 (Ref:3683265)   #584
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Moving in with Phil?
Its possible...

...however the shed they are in now is an annexe in the Autobarn national distribution centre, presumably organised by the boss of Autobarn... who just happens to have the same last name as the REC holder...
Old 27 Oct 2016, 03:06 (Ref:3683269)   #585
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It doesn't look particularly modern, compared to all the noise made at the time about it being a step up from the reasonably new-ish building they previously inhabited.
Old 27 Oct 2016, 07:15 (Ref:3683296)   #586
rass cass
Rookie

rass cass should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So what does This Story mean for GRM?

Presumably it takes some work (income?) away from the GRM team...

...and perhaps too Mr Golding's ride in the Dunlop Series... is this an indicator of the choice for #34?
is it an indication that money will be tight at GRM and they wont be able to afford to run DVS cars?

rumour has it that GRM have obtained special dispensation to build 2 new cars for DVS for next year much to the angst of existing dvs team owners

4 cars for Kumho seems a big ask considering image has struggled to retain drivers for this season. The Dragon GRM Ve was ok in the hands of Golding but i cant imagine too many people putting their hands up for the PWR VE
Old 27 Oct 2016, 11:19 (Ref:3683345)   #587
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rass cass View Post

rumour has it that GRM have obtained special dispensation to build 2 new cars for DVS for next year much to the angst of existing dvs team owners

4 cars for Kumho seems a big ask considering image has struggled to retain drivers for this season. The Dragon GRM Ve was ok in the hands of Golding but i cant imagine too many people putting their hands up for the PWR VE
Matt White raced a brand new chassis that team constructed that did not race in the main game, so there is precedent for GRM to follow.

Are there 2 Holden 'kits' laying in wait for a Volvo court decision that may now be able to be deployed elsewhere?

The article above mentions that the 2 VF CotF chassis that ran in Fujitsu colours in the main game in 2013 for GRM are being run in the Dunlop Series in 2017 by Image Racing, for Dragon, and the brand new VF CotF (which is also unraced...) will become their wildcard entry for Bathurst 2017..

The PWR chassis is said to now be a dedicated ride car.. although given its poor reliability in the hands of pretty much ALL its owners, there may not be many ride laps getting complete..
Old 27 Oct 2016, 12:38 (Ref:3683364)   #588
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Matt White raced a brand new chassis that team constructed that did not race in the main game, so there is precedent for GRM to follow.

Are there 2 Holden 'kits' laying in wait for a Volvo court decision that may now be able to be deployed elsewhere?

The article above mentions that the 2 VF CotF chassis that ran in Fujitsu colours in the main game in 2013 for GRM are being run in the Dunlop Series in 2017 by Image Racing, for Dragon, and the brand new VF CotF (which is also unraced...) will become their wildcard entry for Bathurst 2017..

The PWR chassis is said to now be a dedicated ride car.. although given its poor reliability in the hands of pretty much ALL its owners, there may not be many ride laps getting complete..
Ms Angelo is reported to have logged in the vicinity of 200 laps in the ex-PWR machine.

Either that's a lot of ride days, or it's had some money spent on it.
Old 27 Oct 2016, 21:16 (Ref:3683458)   #589
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Go back to the original question. I was clarifying what Deno meant regarding leasing. If he was talking about Cars or if if he was thinking about the REC rule. Do you know?

and secondly there are REC's in DVS, but they work significantly differently than in the main Game
Either/or I was referring to... If no REC in DVS, then the 2 year rule probably doesn't apply.
Old 27 Oct 2016, 23:13 (Ref:3683471)   #590
rass cass
Rookie

rass cass should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The dedicated ride car is in actual fact another GRM chassis GRM08 which was the GRM's first VE driven without much success by Canto. The team subsequently turned it into a 3 seater ride car with a 6 litre engine and sequential. This is the car that Ms Angelo has completed the 200 laps in. The PWR chassis has not turned a wheel since QR 2014
Old 27 Oct 2016, 23:56 (Ref:3683479)   #591
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So whats the noise of Jack Le Brocq and Erebus ????
Old 28 Oct 2016, 00:52 (Ref:3683495)   #592
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Erebus? Or one of the Prodrive cars?
Old 28 Oct 2016, 01:16 (Ref:3683503)   #593
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Erebus? Or one of the Prodrive cars?
which Prodrive one, who gets dumped? Chaz or Frosty? wont be dumping Cam for another rookie.
Old 28 Oct 2016, 01:28 (Ref:3683507)   #594
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
which Prodrive one, who gets dumped? Chaz or Frosty? wont be dumping Cam for another rookie.
If the Monster money goes to WP, where does Cam fit?

I think he's been quite disappointing this year.
Old 28 Oct 2016, 02:11 (Ref:3683509)   #595
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Meanwhile the noise around town has the current #21 REC being aligned with Mr Schwerkolt's operation to run a 2 car team from there..

Would Mr Bright in a 888-built Commodore (presuming there is one available..) be a threat to the establishment.. presuming too that the right budget shows up

Old 28 Oct 2016, 02:27 (Ref:3683511)   #596
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
If the Monster money goes to WP, where does Cam fit?

I think he's been quite disappointing this year.
Firstly, thats an "if

However there was no Monster money when Cam was in initially rumoured. It wasnt on his DVS car. it only happened late in the process that it was linked to the car he was driving, I dont believe the two are linked as in Cam only is there because of Monster

I dont think he has been dissapointing I think he has been where most rookies have been and Jack wont be any better. Its a learning curve that you dont benefit from until the 2nd year. Scott Pye who everyone seems to love and has just signed with HRT is only just above him in the Drivers Championship. Would be a waste for PRA to drop him now.
Old 28 Oct 2016, 02:49 (Ref:3683513)   #597
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Isn't there a story around that Le Brocq having a fairly healthy sponsor's cheque to go racing next year? Any word on who's $$$ they might be?
Old 28 Oct 2016, 02:59 (Ref:3683514)   #598
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Isn't there a story around that Le Brocq having a fairly healthy sponsor's cheque to go racing next year? Any word on who's $$$ they might be?
Jack always struggled for sponsors until this year, he has a family company who help. he had gone to crowd funding in prior years to survive

Go betta equipment funding are on him this year, but would that convert into running a PRA seat, doubtful

Back home to Erebus is my bet (sorry shae)

article from earlier today (which i assume prompted sandgroper)

Erebus seeks Reynolds extension

Quote:
“There is no question Jack Le Brocq is on our list,” added Ryan.

“We have been talking to Jack and talking to a couple of others. We have a good history and now he has had another good strong year it definitely wouldn’t be a silly idea."
Old 28 Oct 2016, 03:13 (Ref:3683516)   #599
Shabbie
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
Shabbie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I agree, he's got runs on the board with these guys and has done well in DVS
Old 28 Oct 2016, 04:38 (Ref:3683522)   #600
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

article from earlier today (which i assume prompted sandgroper)

Erebus seeks Reynolds extension
yep yep